Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: What Age Rating Will This Game Get?

What Age Rating Will This Game Get?

Originally Posted by AaronJ
    Apparently.
    I've been buying 'M' games since I turned 15, from Wal-Mart to EB games, I guess Saskachewan is just more laid back about it.

M-Rating is what I'd expect from Deus Ex 3. Reasons would be blood and violence of course, suggestive or sexual content and probably depiction/use of drugs/alcohol.

Thank goodness.

I, too, am a horny nerd boy desperate for a heavily censored sex scene, by the way.

I can't wait to hear Jack Thompson go on the news and whine endlessly about this upcoming game, Deus Ex 3, with it's violence and "sex" and "liberal" conspiracy theories.

Originally Posted by PugPug
    I can't wait to hear Jack Thompson go on the news and whine endlessly about this upcoming game, Deus Ex 3, with it's violence and "sex" and "liberal" conspiracy theories.
    That probably would be good for Deus Ex 3's sales.

In light of this news, maybe we can get the X-Ray vision aug after all.

Originally Posted by K^2
    I believe I believe!

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    I believe I believe!
    I second this! Mmm

Originally Posted by K^2
    You know, the promise of this is what made me go with the light enhancement aug (or was it vision enhancement?) in my first play through DX. I was lied to!

Originally Posted by jamhaw
    I've been buying 'M' games since I turned 15, from Wal-Mart to EB games, I guess Saskachewan is just more laid back about it.
    I also am from Quebec, and I have never been refused a game because of the rating. I am now 23, so it's been a little while since I was too young for the ratings. My guess is that since games are now much more realistic, they attract much more media attention, putting more pressure on stores to apply the ratings approprietly.

In the end, if you're 15 and play a M rated games, it's hard to play it without anyone at home noticing.

Originally Posted by Mr. K
    You know, the promise of this is what made me go with the light enhancement aug (or was it vision enhancement?) in my first play through DX. I was lied to!
    I never thought of that one, but logically you wouldn't see anything sexy with x-ray goggles, you'd only see a cute little skeleton.

Originally Posted by Azaell
    I never thought of that one, but logically you wouldn't see anything sexy with x-ray goggles, you'd only see a cute little skeleton.
    Not really. Any X-Ray vision device would have to be based on backscatter X-Ray, and it is much softer than normal X-Ray, so it doesn't see into the flesh. Merely through the clothes. They wanted to use it in airports as another security check, but there is a bit of a controversy, because they'd see you essentially naked. I think if I link images I might be pushing the ToU of the board, but simply try googling for backscatter X-Ray, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Edit: Apparently, some airports in US are starting to use these.

Originally Posted by K^2
    Not really. Any X-Ray vision device would have to be based on backscatter X-Ray, and it is much softer than normal X-Ray, so it doesn't see into the flesh. Merely through the clothes. They wanted to use it in airports as another security check, but there is a bit of a controversy, because they'd see you essentially naked. I think if I link images I might be pushing the ToU of the board, but simply try googling for backscatter X-Ray, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Edit: Apparently, some airports in US are starting to use these.
    Do you know how to build a camera that can take pictures like this?

With actual backscatter X-Ray? No. It is rather complex. However, many materials used for clothing are translucent in near-visible IR, and most digital cameras will pick it up. You just have to filter out the visible light using an IR filter.

hope you can kill kids like DX 1 and DX 2,then Jack Thompson's gonna blow his top so we all can get some good laughs.
    Sex scene would be nice,but then again,how do mechs have sex?

I don't know, but if they did have sex then Jaime would have a lot more busted actuators to fix

Page 2 of 2 First First 12