View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Lara's Shadow?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have played it and liked it!

11 14.29%
  • I have played it and it was okay

1 1.30%
  • I have played it but didn't like it

0 0%
  • I can't play it

39 50.65%
  • I LOVED it: seriously, this girl deserves a spin-off game!

26 33.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion on Lara's Shadow?

Can't play it.

As a sideline spectator of the story, I am unimpressed. It's interesting enough, but it just doesn't fit well at all with the main story in my opinion.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Knight View Post
    Can't play it.

As a sideline spectator of the story, I am unimpressed. It's interesting enough, but it just doesn't fit well at all with the main story in my opinion.
    because its not supposed to,as stated several times

Sorry - I beg to differ!

The DLC answered MORE of the questions that TR:U created.
    I knew Natla and Dopple would survive - coz they were
    in TR:U - This just answers and closes that chapter rather than speculating.
    Same with Amanda..... the extended cut scene... had we not seen that - we'd have expected her back in the next TR installment.
    (and possibly still could)
    I loved how LARA'S SHADOW tied TR:U - Beneath The Ashes all in with TR:U.
    It was one of the best moves for a franchise to have the conclusion as a DLC. This game add on is the BEST I have played to date!! FACT!

You PS3 ers should get yourself an XB console (as they are cheap enuff n e ways) - it's so worth it!

The game play is awesome - I have yet to finish (plans to tonight) but I can't wait.

Think of how awesome the story could be with TWO Lara's - the puzzles for two people to work.... the story that could evolve from greed and rivalry between the two.....
    Ahhhhhh.... I can't wait for the next installment!!!!!!

My only questions now is.... "WHAT'S NEXT?" and "WHEN?"

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    because its not supposed to,as stated several times
    I realize it's meant to be thought of as a side story or epilogue. I just think it could have either complemented the main plot better, or been distanced further from the main plot to stand alone better.

At any rate, I'm not in position to give it a fair assessment. As with most things, I'm sure it's much better experienced than rather than youtubed.

Dusk - your only slitting your own wrist (as a matter of speaking) if you have a 360 and don't play out of principle - seriously... yes you have to pay for an add on or conclusion so to say.... but there is some seriously awesome game play you are missing out on by digging your heals in......

Relax....
    Just make sure you play BTA first - then LS.

If you only plan on getting one... LS is awesome!
    The dopple is a new perspective on the awesome game that is TR:U

I don't have a 360.

I'm not trying to make a statement or anything. I've seen all the cutscenes several times, and I'm just giving my honest opinion of what I've seen. Believe me, if I did have a 360 I would have no qualms about paying for the DLC. But no single game is worth the investment of a new console, let alone a couple of extra chapters for a game I already own (and would have to buy again).

Big Grin Its good to be bad

Holy Crap!

The very first time I shadow punched a jabroni I sat there for a whole minute with my jaw on the floor. I felt invincible! I proceeded to do the slow walk through the level (like all invincible ppl do) destroying everything in my path like it was garbage day. It felt like the very first time I went on a senseless killing spree in GTA.

It was almost a letdown to go back to Lara...until I put her in a bikini. This DLC answers 90% of my issues with TR combat. 9/10.

What´s a jabroni?

Yeah, the shadow punch and kick are so incredibly awesome! Too bad they don't cause that much damage to the Yeti Thralls. But it was a lot of fun to kick their asses till they exploded!

Welcome to the forums by the way.

I see a lot of people here can't play it.
    signature image

Lara's shadow was totally worth it, I loved beneath the Ashes but it wasn't worth the ms points Lara's Shadow was worth it in my opinion. That final cutscene was pretty creepy also lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    What´s a jabroni?

Yeah, the shadow punch and kick are so incredibly awesome! Too bad they don't cause that much damage to the Yeti Thralls. But it was a lot of fun to kick their asses till they exploded!

Welcome to the forums by the way.

I see a lot of people here can't play it.
    Jabroni: An opposing force in which the smack must be laid down upon.

Chicks + guns = good, but its incredible fun to get Lara's hands dirty for once. I would like to see the combat in future games be more like Devil May Cry or Buffy rather than Gears of War. This is a great 1st step.

I thought Lara's Shadow was absolutely fantastic as well.

LOVED playing as the Doppleganger. I feels like CD really streamlined her moves to make them a little 'tighter'. I loved the shadow moves and, for some reason, I never got sick of punching Thralls in the face with the Doppleganger's guns in hand.

The cut scenes were cool, and my only problem was that I wanted to see more. Where does the Doppleganger go now?

All in all a fantastic add-on, and probably the best thing about TRU.

Gotta say, although I thoroughly enjoyed TRU and Beneath the Ashes, with Lara's Shadow they really saved the best for last!!

I would probably get tired of the gameplay in a full-length game mode, but it would be very neat to alternate between playing Lara and the Doppelganger in some future game.

She needs a higher jump.

It was amazing and i love in the beginning how the doppelgangers like "i like your new look" to Natla and had a smerk on her face Woot! Also the ending when she was pleased to see Natla suffur. (I had the same smerk on my face aswell ). I loved it. it was long and amazing combat. Doppelgangers amazing to me now!
    "YOU CAN DIE TOO!!!" - Lara Croft
    "Get out of my sight" - Lara Croft

I can't play it

Maybe someday...

Okay, so 50 % of the votes say I can't play it! So what does that tell Eidos!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! Make for other platforms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't play it because there was an accident, and it feels just wrong playing it by myself :(
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    Okay, so 50 % of the votes say I can't play it! So what does that tell Eidos!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! Make for other platforms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    50% here, a similar poll in TRF is beating around 70% votes on "No! It shouldn't be exclusive, it's not fair D:"
    Eidos, breach this contract, pay the compensatory damages and whatnot to Microsoft, and sell BTA and LS to all the platforms. I would pay for 5 copies of each to help recovering the expenses
    signature image

It's a shame so few TR-fans can play this, assuming the people on EF and TRF are a good representation of the people who own TRU and want to play it.

Eidos can't break the contract with MS though, that would cost them much more money than they will get when the rest of us would buy the DLC.
    signature image

I enjoyed it.

But, I hated those last levels in underworld, because I kept ending in that blue liquid stuff

And laras shadow was no different

The backtracking stuff also was a little fun killer. Then sence that first you turn on the machine, then you gotta turn it off.

And if the doppel gets more gameplay time in a future tomb raider game, then give her some more powers, and more climbing abilities.

Felt a little to simple.

bah, Xbox'ers creaming over their dlc.

Die, Xbox die.

It's like the Teminator story line, we are going to have to go back in time to stop microsoft from taking over the world !!!!

I hope Tombraider can survive in the future on only xbox sales, because if it can't you are in big trouble because you have kicked everybody else in the balls !!!!

If Tombraider die's you only have your greedy mucky hands to blame.

Some of you people need to remember that some XBox users (like me) can't get the DLC as well. You guys make us sound like Microsoft owns our souls or something...

On topic, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    It's a shame so few TR-fans can play this, assuming the people on EF and TRF are a good representation of the people who own TRU and want to play it.
    I would say that it's indicative of the TR fanbase, I'm not sure if many other non-TR fans would be so keen to get the DLC, I wouldn't know.
    With the exclusivity, though, they do have the advantage of trying out new things, such as a 'new playable character'/playing style in Lara's Shadow, where if it did 'fall down' among the fans, it would only be disappointing for those who did play and CD would know for sure that it would not be a good idea to introduce new characters into the series. I look forward to see the results of what CD have gained out of making these DLCs in TR9.

I didn' play Lara's Shadow but from the gameplay vids I watched on youtube, it looks quite impressive, some of the animations look abit funny but its interesting.

Theres just one thin that is boring me though, the whole Thor/helheim look with that silly water and thralls is getting a bit boring now, I mean when I first saw the environment in Mexico it looked so cool but now I'm kinda over the whole look

But it still looks like an awsome game from what I've seen
    Unknown person: Who are you??
    Lara: I am Lara croft, world famous adventurer with double D's

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    With the exclusivity, though, they do have the advantage of trying out new things, such as a 'new playable character'/playing style in Lara's Shadow, where if it did 'fall down' among the fans, it would only be disappointing for those who did play and CD would know for sure that it would not be a good idea to introduce new characters into the series. I look forward to see the results of what CD have gained out of making these DLCs in TR9.
    It's not like they should be cautious of including new gameplay testing IN the regular game, also is not likely the fan base is that affraid of changes. I feel more offended (and I'm sure I'm not alone here...) for game content being cut off than I would for them being included without enough testing.

See: the boss fights had complaints on the ealier games, what do they do, improve it or cut it? no boss fights, period. The ingame rewards for completing game objectives was not well solved, what to do then? Put all the weapons since the game start, one outfit for one level in treasure mode, kill the cheat codes. Now comes to the new playable character experiment, include it as unlockable for everyone or simply give it just for Xbox users? The answer is obvious...

Eidos should better erase this safety line, we all would love the chance to be their guinea pigs in any future experiments they ever come out with. They want to release exclusive DLC for the love of Microsofts money? Okay... But dont come with the excuse of having the chance of trying out new things. PC and PS3 players would love to be given the chance to take part of testing experiments aswell...
    signature image

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast