Thread: I forgot how hard Proud Mode can be, lol

I forgot how hard Proud Mode can be, lol

I've been busy, so I'm still currently only in Notre Dame. Anyways, I'm playing as Sora and trying to run through those 3 "wheeflower" dream eaters, and I'm getting my butt handed to me over and over. It's quite demoralizing ;A;

I thought lvl 8-9 would be alright, but I might have to do some grinding after-all...

Anyone else stuck at any part of the game while playing on Proud Mode? xD

Wait until you get to the bosses of that level on proud mode *shivers*

I think I am half way through the game. Sora's boss fight on "The Grid" was fun to play and was at the perfect difficulty level for me. Riku's bosses however... OMGWTF <---- a lot of those moments. Dropping in a middle of a long boss fight if frustrating too. At the end of the day however it is an awesome game still. I think some reviewers should have given it a higher score. ATM it is my top three Kingdom Hearts along with:

1) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

2) Kingdom Hearts II

3) Kingdom Hearts/ Kingdom Hearts 3D (right now 3D is fighting for it)

Pshyco, I have a feeling you'll change your mind once you hit Traverse Town (revisited) and Symphony of Sorcery, those Sora bosses..... *cries* lol. Also, I don't think it's that you forgot how hard Proud was, New, because this time around Standard is roughly the same difficulty as the Critical of BBS and Re:Coded. The reason is that the AI is actually inteligent, meaning the enemies will actually fight instead of sitting around for 30 seconds without doing anything like they have been in almost every game since Chain.

Originally Posted by Basho

Pshyco, I have a feeling you'll change your mind once you hit Traverse Town (revisited) and Symphony of Sorcery, those Sora bosses..... *cries* lol. Also, I don't think it's that you forgot how hard Proud was, New, because this time around Standard is roughly the same difficulty as the Critical of BBS and Re:Coded. The reason is that the AI is actually inteligent, meaning the enemies will actually fight instead of sitting around for 30 seconds without doing anything like they have been in almost every game since Chain.

Suprisingly I just played that part no more than 45 minutes ago(Traverse Town (revisited)) and found it extremely easy. I have no idea why. Didn't die once. Lots of reality shifts and flowmotion. I was using the Duel Disk Keyblade. Also a lot of linking. I only used cura like.... two maybe three times. It was extremely enjoyable I though .

Proud mode isn't that difficult if you spend a lot of time training. In one day, I can only get through one world because I usually spend my time leveling up Riku and Sora. I only died about two or three times in boss fights (don't want to count the times I died in regular battles though, lol). But, I think once I advance further into the game, I will be meeting the game over screen many times.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Suprisingly I just played that part no more than 45 minutes ago(Traverse Town (revisited)) and found it extremely easy. I have no idea why. Didn't die once. Lots of reality shifts and flowmotion. I was using the Duel Disk Keyblade. Also a lot of linking. I only used cura like.... two maybe three times. It was extremely enjoyable I though .

I wasn't really saying it was hard, just harder than Riku's complete lack of a boss :P. You did far better than me though, I was on the defensive a lot then.

Thanks for the spoiler. Don't post spoilers in non spoiler threads. It ruins it for other people. You could say "the boss in world x" not the actual bosses name. I haven't even gotten there yet but now I know. Thanks for that :/.

I am on the last bosses for both stories and I am at the point where I am literally just grinding. I have been grinding for the past 5 hours in game time and it is dumb how hard these bosses are. I want the secret ending and I cannot change the difficulty even though I already have like 7 trophies in the game. I am positive I can beat Sora's last boss at this point but I want to save him so I can transfer DP for attack boost and defense boost against Rikus 3 bosses. I literally beat the first two but couldn't beat the third one and without a save point between the three bosses I am back at square one. Sora is at level 40 and Riku is level 41.

I am trying to get Dark Firaga and Ballonra before I advance to the bosses. I also vowed until I can easilly defeat enemies in The World That Never Was I would not move on. Well I am at that point but I still feel to weak against these dumb bosses. I really hope I beat this game before PAX. I think I will grid about 5 - 10 more levels before I try my hand against these bosses again. Especially the third boss for Riku, OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!

I beat the game on standard mode, and wanted to start a proud mode file, but I, like an idiot, overwrote my standard mode file with my proud mode file, so i have to start the game over from scratch...and the final boss fights in this game are hard enough!

Proud Mode isn't that hard if you condition yourself to the battle style. I did that to myself on the previous games up to this point and I literally breezed through the game in a week and a day. It was long and hard though to get to that point. I know that I died about a good 3 to 4 times on Riku's final boss. He was just unpredictable which threw me off but I figured him out in the end. Just be prepared for another Traverse Town incident in a particular area that you're gonna hate. It literally took me about 3 days to get through that time.

Originally Posted by Mystogan_T

Proud Mode isn't that hard if you condition yourself to the battle style. I did that to myself on the previous games up to this point and I literally breezed through the game in a week and a day. It was long and hard though to get to that point. I know that I died about a good 3 to 4 times on Riku's final boss. He was just unpredictable which threw me off but I figured him out in the end. Just be prepared for another Traverse Town incident in a particular area that you're gonna hate. It literally took me about 3 days to get through that time.

Originally Posted by imported_Josh

Oh it's not just that. After you finish the game and come back to Traverse Town to a certain area, you'll find out.

Originally Posted by imported_Josh

Oh it's not just that. After you finish the game and come back to Traverse Town to a certain area, you'll find out.

I beat it on proud mode, and I was alright until the end guy. He was a monster! Took me several tries to beat him, and I think I'll skip trying to beat it on Critical Mode. Great game though, now I just need Kingdom Hearts 3!!!

Let me just say, if you guys can beat Proud Mode, you can definitely beat Critical Mode. The health isn't half its normal value like it is in BBS or KH2FM. The only difference is that enemies do a little more damage. And I think you get less EXP. The fact that you get all your Dream Eaters definitely makes the game easier, but theyre level 1, so they'll get one hit by the first couple of bosses. The only boss you'll probably have trouble with is the Young Xehanort fight because he just spams non stop and it's annoying. But yeah, it's not that difficult besides that.

It helps to have Dream Eaters who utilize support moves such as Spirit Roar, Combo Assist, Haste, Protect, Shell, Regen, etc. Sometimes you may need to change their dispositions as they have different moves.