Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: HELP! stuck in ch. 4

  1. #1

    HELP! stuck in ch. 4

    So i'm playing at the beggining of ch. 4 were u have to switch into the material reaver. It says hold action and press spectral shift to switch into the material reaver after you walk up to the tomb.. ive been trying to do this for ofour hours now. Could someone help please?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    I don´t understand your question.. you get the Material Reaver automatically when you shift from spectral to material realm. I guess you want to get to the material plane, is that right? in ps2 you have to hold "down" on the directional pad and press square.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    I don´t understand your question.. you get the Material Reaver automatically when you shift from spectral to material realm. I guess you want to get to the material plane, is that right? in ps2 you have to hold "down" on the directional pad and press square.
    The beggining of Ch. 4 the PC version. I have to find a way to switch to spectral shift. Here
    approach the purple smoke and change to the physical realm.


    How do I hold down spectral shift?

  4. #4
    It says " Find a means to shift into material. " When I walk up to the purple smoke by the Tomb. (There are two double doors in this room btw) it says hold spectral shift and press action to switch into material reaver" or something

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    If you're using a keyboard, hit escape, which brings up the pause menu. Go to Options, Controls. Find the list of the controls for what is what. It will say the function, like action, then will have the corresponding key. You can figure out which button does what, change the buttons around any way you like, even, then perform the act when you get back to the ingame action.

    If you're using a gamepad, or such, you can also find out the button configuration for it, or change the buttons around as well.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    If you're using a keyboard, hit escape, which brings up the pause menu. Go to Options, Controls. Find the list of the controls for what is what. It will say the function, like action, then will have the corresponding key. You can figure out which button does what, change the buttons around any way you like, even, then perform the act when you get back to the ingame action.

    If you're using a gamepad, or such, you can also find out the button configuration for it, or change the buttons around as well.
    That's teh problem there is a listinng for spectral shift...

  7. #7
    Well, tell us whether you're playing on PC or PS2 or whatnot. It's a lot tougher to help you if you don't.

  8. #8
    It's the PC version.

  9. #9
    Could anyone help please?

  10. #10
    That's a tricky one. Press and hold the "j" key and then press number 5 on the number pad

  11. #11
    What's the problem exactly? Does the spectral shift key not work? Or do you just not know which button to press?

    If the former, goto the options menu as The Hylden says, and change the command to a different button. If the later problem, then go the same but don't change the button (unless you want to change it to something easier to use).

    Normally you have the hold the "Spectural Shift" button down (the reaver icon in the bottom right will change when you do this) and press the action key (the main attack, I think). Hope that helps.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by unspoken View Post
    That's a tricky one. Press and hold the "j" key and then press number 5 on the number pad
    I think it is the other way around...... first numpad 5 and then action (j)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    I think it is the other way around...... first numpad 5 and then action (j)
    maybe, but it won't matter because apparently our friend here commited suicided. Either that or he just randomly decided not to thank anybody.

  14. #14
    Yea, spectral shift is numpad 5 then press action and it worked. Weird. Spectral shift isnt listed under the control configuration.

    Thank you everyone.

  15. #15
    One more question...after that.. I strike the the smokey object nearby to charge the reaver. When I approach the opening charge stone the sentries closes the door and i can't find a means to stop them. Anyone know?

    thanks

  16. #16
    You'll have to figure that one out for yourself. Hint: You just shifted into the material realm, so go explore the rest of the map now that you are not a wraith.

  17. #17
    alright, ive been exploring for hours now and can't figure it out. Someone please help. Could you give me another hint or something


    peace

  18. #18
    For Pete's sake man, if you're getting stuck this early in the game then I reckon you'll have lots of problems when the puzzles get more complicated. Anyway, I honestly think you need to figure it out for yourself, but I'll give you this much help: remember that room filled with water, at the beginning of the map? Go there and explore (Hint: Raziel has a funky B.O. because he is.. well... a walking corpse. He might need a bath)

  19. #19
    have you thought of looking at gamefaqs.com, they have walkthroughs on there.

  20. #20
    Yea, I already checked out their walkthroughs and they didnt help that one part.

  21. #21
    Have you tried phoning Eidos Support?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    you can bypass those sentries later when you´ll get the dark reaver. But after shifting to material realm, you have to return to the place above where the roof crumbled on EG. Easy as that.

  23. #23

    Thumbs Up

    I got stuck to the same places too. The thing is that when you fall into such things you must just look somewhere else!! LoK is a game with many things to discover, it isn't just fighting and dialogues.
    However, the first one you mentioned about the change into the material realm was difficult indeed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •