Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Some ideas to make more resembles to LoK

Some ideas to make more resembles to LoK

Some ideas to make more resembles to LoK

Watching official stream, I noticed that vampires drink blood straight from the human's neck, while we all remember that in original Legacy of Kain vampires(at least Kain himself) sucked it by using telekinesis.
    I think this ability must be also in Nosgoth, but as long as it gives some advantage before "classical" blood sucking(e.g., vampire can restore health from the corner, avoiding human's fire), telekinesis should open on high levels.
    Also, I was thinking about not just "claws and turelim's ears"(btw, thanks for that and for advertency to our opinion ) , but "full (d)evolved" form of vampires from the SR1. In some circumstances, it might be fit to the game style. For example, as the temporary transformation, increases damage and/or defence, but in which you're unable to use skills.
    It will also be very cool if we'll see some familiar places. Towns from Blood Omen are obvious, but locations from Soul Reaver will be also great(and closer to the game's era) - The Silenced Cathedral(remember "courtyard" with buildings, which Raziel used to climb up to go further?), Melchiah's clan territory with a cemetery, and so on.
    Last edited by Ambusher; 9th Feb 2014 at 18:12.

Kain in Defiance could suck blood up close as well.

I prefer the up close and personal look they have now and TK might make it too good, depending on how far away you can do it from.

Maybe they could add an option that lets you pick between a few different Feeding animations? Default is the one is the class based, there would be the TK version, and a third option could be cross class animation?

Yeah, just make it a different animation. I strongly oppose the idea of making TK Bloodsuck an ability, especially the one that gives high-levs an advantage.

Personally, I'm just speaking my opinion, I never really liked the TK blood drain. I know its a trademark of LoK but, if we were to bring some realism into this. The human body is composed of 4.8 liters of blood. it would take ALOT longer then a 3 seconds to fully drain a corpse of blood. You can argue with me about how fast a vampire can drink from a human based on how face the suction is.

Still, TK blood feeding would take far to long compared to the suction of the mouth alone.
    Last edited by Lord-Nexas; 11th Feb 2014 at 05:27.

Give the Melchiahim the TK blood suck ability. Daniel said they were blood manipulators and that could be considered a type of manipulation. Plus, if they're more fragile, they should compensate by having faster methods of recovery.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I always hated the invisible straw in BO1 and 2 :/

I'm playing SR1 and right now in the Duma's territory. I think Nosgoth needs at least one snow map
    By the way, what's about music? Will you include some of old LoK tunes in Nosgoth, or it's copyrights issues or something like this?
    Last edited by Ambusher; 13th Feb 2014 at 09:11.

Locations from LoK which are a must for future updates would be in my opinion -

Sanctuary of the Clans and the Pillars of Nosgoth - (site of importance for the Vampires and a prize for the Humans)

Kain’s Mountain Sanctuary - (excellent site for Vampire climbing and Razielim flying)

Drowned Abbey - (gothic architecture and water hazards to make the Rahabim's immunity to water essential)

Silenced Cathedral – (Considering Raziel knew about it, it must have been built and rendered harmless before he was thrown into the abyss. So exploration of this lore is a must)

Human Citadel – (Very Venice like architecture, Assassin Creed 2 look for certain - attacks by Vampire's trying to get in while Humans' man the battlements - so this map is for use in human defense mode only?)

Willendorf - (Ottmar - where art thou?)

Avernus – (Do I really need to explain why this is a must?)

Uschtenheim – (This place would have significance to both humans and Vampires due to it being a key location in the murder of Janos Audron)

Former Castle and lands of William the Just. (whatever that was called) – (Given his murder at Kain’s hands is what really drove the hatred of Vampire’s into the people for Moebius to manipulate, this would be a very good lore reference)
    Last edited by CountEyokir; 13th Feb 2014 at 11:35.

Awesome ideas, except for the Sanctuary of the Clans, (which i'm sure would look fantastic in Nosgoth) because it was the seat of Kain's empire, it's unlikely that humans ever got close to that place.

Originally Posted by GeorgeCST
    Awesome ideas, except for the Sanctuary of the Clans, (which i'm sure would look fantastic in Nosgoth) because it was the seat of Kain's empire, it's unlikely that humans ever got close to that place.
    ^Agreed. We *want* to do the Pillars, but we are frankly a bit concerned about having Humans trample over such hallowed ground in this particular era. The Sanctuary of the Clans is intact and impenetrable by the time Raziel reaches it, it seems doubtful that Humans ever made their way into Kain's throne room.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

How about a map around the abyss itself? Like you're fighting on the cliffs with the swirling whirlpool in the background?

Haven't you played Soul Reaver??? How could there be a battle there? The sentinels would just be picking up humans and throw them in with each round ending in 30-0

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    ^Agreed. We *want* to do the Pillars, but we are frankly a bit concerned about having Humans trample over such hallowed ground in this particular era. The Sanctuary of the Clans is intact and impenetrable by the time Raziel reaches it, it seems doubtful that Humans ever made their way into Kain's throne room.
    Suggestion:

Imagine the humans made a monument to the pillars carved of white stone, a rallying point for the cause to fight for better times and wipe out the vampires before nosgoth fell to the horrible fate it is in now. It serves as a spiritual center for the humans and as such the vampires want it destroyed, to crush the humans morale entirely. Not to mention seeing the pillars in such a way before Kain ushered in their vampiric golden age? Every vampire would want them utterly destroyed. It's just a thought.

It's a little something but what about the clans and Kain's insigna? I know we still haven't seen any lands ruled by vampires yet, but I would like to suggest that you put flags here and there to show the players in which territory they are, plus a greater flag with Kain's symbol. That would be great and this data would help us, lore-eater, to estimate the boundaries of the clans

And seeing Kain's symbol would make me nostalgic for good ^^

Originally Posted by NickTsiou
    Haven't you played Soul Reaver??? How could there be a battle there? The sentinels would just be picking up humans and throw them in with each round ending in 30-0
    You think I haven't been trying that in Freeport?
    Apparently 'I' can do a dive into water and kill myself but the minute I try to drop a human into it the game won't let me. Which is why I said the whirlpool would be 'in the background' you can't reach it.

LOL :P

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    How about a map around the abyss itself? Like you're fighting on the cliffs with the swirling whirlpool in the background?
    Not a bad idea at all, and certainly more likely than the Sanctuary of the Clans.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Don't forget about the Undercity and the the Turelim clan territory (smoke stacks).

EDIT: BTW, I think Daniel might have described some of the reference material used to Raina for her project.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Ozar midrashim would be a very beautiful track, i hope to find it if they'll do this

Originally Posted by RedeemerAndDistroyer
    Ozar midrashim would be a very beautiful track, i hope to find it if they'll do this
    Others tracks from SR1 are good too, I'll be pleased if they add some remix of dumahim clan territory tune in Nosgoth.

Even if the humans never make it to the Pillars, it would be interesting if they were able to push kind of close. I'm thinking making a map of Termogent Forest, most likely around Vorador's Mansion. It is only a mountain range away from the Pillars, and I think it would probably be sort of sweet justice for humans to invade the lands of Kain's former vampiric mentor. Not to mention the lights from the swamp would give the battle ground a very eerie vibe.
    Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.

I love Afreeby's idea. Plus, a map in a location near the Sanctuary of the Clans could be awesome : we could be able to see it at a not so far distance. The humans could tell themselves :

"It's been centuries since a free human has ever laid eyes on this place. We are near the heart of our enemy, the siege of Kain's empire. We must push on and take back the holy Pillars so they can be human's property once again and for all time! "

The sad fact is that humans should not even have the pillars I find the irony hilarious since them being humans they suck at the job.

Originally Posted by shinros
    The sad fact is that humans should not even have the pillars I find the irony hilarious since them being humans they suck at the job.
    Well the humans don't know that!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last