Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Questions, Issues and Help

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Questions, Issues and Help

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Questions, Issues and Help

Running into issues? Then, first and foremost, make sure to contact customer support.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Why FFX and FFX-2 are not sold together on Vita ? Nobody will buy the vita version, cause you get both on PS3 for a lower price, thats really not a smart move...

www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19/final-fant...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Mar 2014 at 00:31.

PS Vita doesn't have enought technical capability for the quality of a game like FFX-2, every console has different competence.

Vita is OK for games like platform or puzzle, not RPG or Action game.

Incorrect, SREPCFG. Both X and X-2 will be released on the Vita, they are just sold separately rather than as a package.

@Aegon: The reason that they are not sold together on the Vita is actually that the games being sold together on the PS3 is a special case. SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) has some very specific guidelines on HD updates released on disc outside of Japan. They MUST contain at least two complete games, and as Square Enix has no intention of going discless anytime in the near future they had to go with this setup. The Vita, on the other hand, has no discs of any kind and you must download games. This means the Vita versions can be sold separately.

Also, there hasn't actually be ANY official pricing on any version of these games. All of the prices across various sites are just estimates and guesses. Given that the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix is priced at $40.00 and contains two complete games (as well as a three hour movie), it seems most likely that the PS3 disc version of X and X-2 HD will be about $40.00 and the individual Vita versions would be about $20.00 apiece.

1st God Bless ya All i think ill buy both games 4 ps3 & X-2 4 y Ps Vita Cuz I <3 X-2 is My 2nd Favorite Game After Kingdom Hearts But SE should make it free download if u buy it 4 ps3 that would b cool sorry 4 my english God bless ya all

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

Incorrect, SREPCFG. Both X and X-2 will be released on the Vita, they are just sold separately rather than as a package.

@Aegon: The reason that they are not sold together on the Vita is actually that the games being sold together on the PS3 is a special case. SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) has some very specific guidelines on HD updates released on disc outside of Japan. They MUST contain at least two complete games, and as Square Enix has no intention of going discless anytime in the near future they had to go with this setup. The Vita, on the other hand, has no discs of any kind and you must download games. This means the Vita versions can be sold separately.

Also, there hasn't actually be ANY official pricing on any version of these games. All of the prices across various sites are just estimates and guesses. Given that the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix is priced at $40.00 and contains two complete games (as well as a three hour movie), it seems most likely that the PS3 disc version of X and X-2 HD will be about $40.00 and the individual Vita versions would be about $20.00 apiece.

a movie!!! sounds cool!!! u got more info about it? God bless ya all xo

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

Indeed, that wouldnt be a problem if they were actually sold at 20$ , but i dont see a HD port, especially from SE, being sold below 30$ , like MGS HD

Kind of hard to fit two HD games on one card.

Originally Posted by Aegon

Indeed, that wouldnt be a problem if they were actually sold at 20$ , but i dont see a HD port, especially from SE, being sold below 30$ , like MGS HD

This is, bluntly, your own problem. You're assuming they're going to stiff you on the price without the game actually being released. Square Enix's HD collections have been pretty reasonably priced, way more so than their updates/ports of pre-PSOne games. Also, MGS HD contained two games on the Vita, both of which were games unavailable on the PS3 version of the collection. It is not the same as X and X-2 HD, which will be released separately. It might be best to save your confusion and annoyance until such time as they announce pricing, since right now you're just geting indignant over what-ifs.

EDIT: Since I was curious, I went and looked up some things. The MGS HD Collection released on the Vita was sold for $30, but both games were later sold separately at about $15.

Another of Square Enix's HD re-releases, the Hitman Trilogy, sold as a bundle for $40 on the PS3. From launch, each of the games was available for separate download/purchase at $17.

This is so freakin hilarious...

Seriously, SquareEnix doesn't give a CRAP anymore!

First they ruined FF5's sprites and changed it from cute chibi anime unique Pokemon style into generic shoddy Microsoft Flash-based instantly forgettable style. Killed all character expression in the game right there. Screw phone ports so hard; they are SUCH a lame cash cow sellout.

And now they've ruined Tidus by completely destroying his high-res model. Dude looks like one of those creepy Dissidia character designs now. You know... the nightmare Planet of the Apes 2001 remake face that is Zidane's CG art in that game.

Finally, they top it off by sticking that insulting piece of trash ruination of Yuna's character sequel that is FFX-2 on the back of the same disc and force us to buy both if we want to play FFX. I am not very freaking motivated here!

The one saving grace is that they MIGHT not ruin the rest of the game enough for the sake of stupid phone ports and cash-in PS3 releases and that just MAYBE you can forgive the new art design changes enough to enjoy these games. But I re-he-he-he-ally doubt it.

Just wait people... wait until they get to ruining your top two favorite games: FF6 and FF7. Once they get there, ONCE THEY RUIN ClOUD'S MODEL. Then and only then will you finally realize how duped you've been. There's a reason that the creator and composer of Final Fantasy left this company and in the last 6 years, I've begun to see it.

Originally Posted by imported_Alex
    This is so freakin hilarious... Seriously, SquareEnix doesn't give a CRAP anymore! First they ruined FF5's sprites and changed it from cute chibi anime unique Pokemon style into generic shoddy Microsoft Flash-based instantly forgettable style. Killed all character expression in the game right there. Screw phone ports so hard; they are SUCH a lame cash cow sellout. And now they've ruined Tidus by completely destroying his high-res model. Dude looks like one of those creepy Dissidia character designs now. You know... the nightmare Planet of the Apes 2001 remake face that is Zidane's CG art in that game. Finally, they top it off by sticking that insulting piece of trash ruination of Yuna's character sequel that is FFX-2 on the back of the same disc and force us to buy both if we want to play FFX. I am not very freaking motivated here! The one saving grace is that they MIGHT not ruin the rest of the game enough for the sake of stupid phone ports and cash-in PS3 releases and that just MAYBE you can forgive the new art design changes enough to enjoy these games. But I re-he-he-he-ally doubt it. Just wait people... wait until they get to ruining your top two favorite games: FF6 and FF7. Once they get there, ONCE THEY RUIN ClOUD'S MODEL. Then and only then will you finally realize how duped you've been. There's a reason that the creator and composer of Final Fantasy left this company and in the last 6 years, I've begun to see it.

Final Fantasy X is actually my favorite game in the series and I LOVE the new character models. I am actually ecstatic about everything they've announced about it because while X-2 wasn't the greatest, going back and playing it again last year made me realize its not the pile of I thought it was. On top of that, the International version of X-2 is AMAZING. If you don't know all the changes to it, I highly suggest you go look into it.

This is the best news i've heard this year so far... I'm ecstatic!

That is fine by me. All I need is the PS3 version. Vita didn't even come to my mind. I'm just glad they decided to give us the HD upgrade for FFX-2.

Square enix staff if you guys are reading this or the fans of square enix, so is final fantasy x and x-2 is it coming on vita as a physical release or digital release because I really like as a physical release in america I mean don't make the same mistake as capcom doing their ace attorney 5 only getting digital release or namco bandai with their one piece pirate warriors game only digital release. I check all the retail stores their said they only have ps3 pre orders, I mean is the vita version coming after please let me know

There will definitely be a digital ver of this since all physical Vita releases are available digitally too. The question is will there be a physical release? That I'm not sure about, but seeing as Amazon and the other sites only listed the PS3 ver, and the fact that the Vita releases will be separate, I think there may not be a physical release.

As the title says, will the remakes of FFX and FFX-2 be available for PS4? I know they're being released for PS3 (but not Xbox 360, which saddens me) but it would make sense to have them available on PS4 too.

I currently have an Xbox 360. Was undecided on which next gen console I would buy, but if the remakes will be available on PS4 (and not just PS3) I'll be getting a PS4. Yes, they are that important to me. FFX is my favourite game of all time, hands down.

I've heard rumours of this being true, just wanted to know if anyone else knew anything.

as for a ps4 official release, it isn't on the "upcomming games" list from gamestop. but the ps3 version will likely be playable on ps4.

Hope it is playable on PS4, cause I don't really want to go and buy a PS3.

I heard the PS4 won't play PS3 games at all.

The PS4 is not backward compatible so unless they make a digital version available on the store then getting PS3 is your only option. On the plus side a 2nd hand PS3 will be cheap as chips come the end of november when the PS4 launches so just get one

i wish they would sell FFX for the Vita separately, i don't wanna pay for a game that i don't like. i think $20 would be the best price for a single copy! i dont care much about FFX-2

I'd be willing to $24.99 or maybe even $29.99 for each of the games if they both came on physical carts.

Where's the FFXHD Vita pre-order?

All the major Canadian retailers have the ps3 version available for pre-order but I haven't come across any with the vita version which is odd considering their American counterparts have both the ps3/vita verion available. What gives? Are we even getting FFXHD on the vita up here?

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Questions and Help

Hi,

I have save games from FFX international and FFX2 international PS2 save games. I already transfer PS2 save games to PS3

Can i used this save game to play with final fantasy x/x2 hd remaster english version?. Need help.

Answer: no. The HD remaster version of the game is not compatible with any of the old versions.

If I Buy FFX from overseas will I be able tol download X-2?

I live in Australia and want to buy my copy of FFX HD Remastered for the Vita from the UK, will I be able to download X-2?
    I know if I buy from a different region I can play the game but can't get the DLC unless I have an account for that region, which I don't see me needing one in beyond this game.

So the question is will it affect me in this case?
    any help will be appreciated
    thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 Last