Thread: Villain Costumes

Villain Costumes

Villain Costumes

So... All these bad guys are incarcerated...hospitalized in Arkham. Hospital regulations must involve patient uniforms, right? Penguin, Joker, Riddler, all in dumpy grey scrubs. Any sane administrative staff at the hospital wouldn't be keeping around the madmen's costumes. I mean, in theory no-one incarcerated there would ever be released, and the sight of their 'evil' vestements couldn't have any therapeutic value. Thus: Will we see the rogues gallery in said hospital gowns? If not... what do you think the in-story reason for costumes in Arkham could be?

Killer Croc was in a weird pair of pant's, wasn't he? So that aside, I can imagine the Scarecrow in a pair of twisted, stitched-up, strange looking gown or striahgt jacket. [think: that creep in the latest trailer where one arm of the straight jacket is longer than the other one].

Amygdala seemed to be wearing his everyday green boxer's, but it's not like the staff at Arkham would go THAT far with the customisation's... HQ and the Joker are in the macabre clown garb... Bane would perhap's be wearing a torn/split straight jacket and his mask... or could be locked up in chain's somewhere like this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlPWudJouos [fast forward to 3 min's in].

I think there's going to be a evdence room and all of the villians weapons and costums will be in there, and when the joker unlocks Arkham thats how they will get there stuff back.. It just wouldnt work if riddler didnt have his question mark staff, mr freeze didnt have his gun or suit. batman would just walk all over them..

^^ So what good reason could the staff have for keeping the weapons and costumes of their wards? How many times have the inmates escaped Arkham only to create more havoc? Obviously it would be far more proactive to keep that 'evidence' elsewhere. Characters like The Joker and Penguin have psyches which are assuredly fed by their costumes.

Originally Posted by harveysburntside
    ^^ So what good reason could the staff have for keeping the weapons and costumes of their wards? How many times have the inmates escaped Arkham only to create more havoc? Obviously it would be far more proactive to keep that 'evidence' elsewhere. Characters like The Joker and Penguin have psyches which are assuredly fed by their costumes.
    But Penguin isn't even insane. He's just greedy. The only reason he's in Arkham is because, like it's been said before, there was a fire at Blackgate, where Penguin would normally go.

Anyways, I thought the police kept the villains' stuff in that big vault.

Originally Posted by Darth
    But Penguin isn't even insane. He's just greedy. The only reason he's in Arkham is because, like it's been said before, there was a fire at Blackgate, where Penguin would normally go.

Anyways, I thought the police kept the villains' stuff in that big vault.
    Which the Joker will now control. Wouldn't it be in his best interest for his fellow psychopaths to have all of their equipment to torment Batman?

I'm not asking where they keep all the stuff. It' doesn't take a genius to figure out that the villains in Arkham will eventually get into any vault or evidence room Gotham's civil servants can come up with.
    But why keep that stuff there at all? WHY?

BTW: I'd argue that even the Penguin is 'insane'. The fact that he comes up with an endless supply of criminal plots that inevitably get foiled by Batman, would indicate some mental inbalance. Repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome: insane. Plus he waddles around going waugh, waugh. That's pretty weird if not crazy.

Originally Posted by Zsasz
    Which the Joker will now control. Wouldn't it be in his best interest for his fellow psychopaths to have all of their equipment to torment Batman?
    But the vault's in the police department.

Originally Posted by harveysburntside
    I'm not asking where they keep all the stuff. It' doesn't take a genius to figure out that the villains in Arkham will eventually get into any vault or evidence room Gotham's civil servants can come up with.
    But why keep that stuff there at all? WHY?

BTW: I'd argue that even the Penguin is 'insane'. The fact that he comes up with an endless supply of criminal plots that inevitably get foiled by Batman, would indicate some mental inbalance. Repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome: insane. Plus he waddles around going waugh, waugh. That's pretty weird if not crazy.
    Exactly. Penguin would likely be a murderer if the cartoon's were aimed at a more mature audience. Also, speaking of Penguin, remember in "The Batman" where he had those female Kubuki bodyguard's that would attack the Batman with martial art's and blade's?

I hope their incorperated into Arkham.

The villains are not the same without there costumes. So they would find a way to implement this into the game some how.

It's all about suspension of disbelief.
    Do you reay care why they've got their costumes? No, because the alternative would be to have these great villains all in orange jumpsuits.
    Kind of takes away from the feeling of the game, don't you think?
    So yeah, just keep their costumes, no need to explain why.
    What I'm interested in are their cells. How they may be personalised. It would give us a creepy insight into their minds and perhaps clues as to where they're holed up.

Originally Posted by Kai Rei
    Exactly. Penguin would likely be a murderer if the cartoon's were aimed at a more mature audience. Also, speaking of Penguin, remember in "The Batman" where he had those female Kubuki bodyguard's that would attack the Batman with martial art's and blade's?

I hope their incorperated into Arkham.
    True, but in the comics he's more of a mobster or corrupt businessman rather than a supervillain.

I didn't know Penguin was confirmed to be in the game, but the info (a fire at Blackgate) is interesting. I can see Penguin, at least, being able to get a suit, and I can also see the possibility of Arkham officials keeping the clothes the villains were brought in with in storage.

But still, I'm not sure we'll be seeing some of the more iconic ones: Riddler in his traditional suit, or Poison Ivy in her leaf-leotard, for example. Joker's in his normal outfit because he's been on the run for a while, and Batman just brought him in.

What if the inmates had been in there grey scrubs long enough to recreate the old costumes with the new cloth? Penguin steals enough uniforms to stitch together a filthy looking tux. Maybe Bane's just sketchy enough for the guards to let him wear that sweat stained pillowcase mask. As the maniacs gain control over the asylum, they could manage to get their old costumes back. But that new Harley pic? Who's insane when the prison staff lets the inmates wear spiked braclets?
    Sigh... how many times have all the villains busted out of Arkham? Maybe Bats oughta build his own prison.

I think it's probably a case of Arkham holding the personal items of their inmates in a safe room or something, making it easy for everyone to get their stuff once security is overthrown. That'd be the most believeable and logical excuse at any rate.

I doubt they'd have eveyone in a uniform. I'm sure they'll have each villain in a unique suit, Arkham will probably hold all their personal effects. They do have a team, forgot the name, they have a company just to recreate classic villains and blend it with a classic/modern and familiar look, we've seen joker, Harley, Croc, and if you research, you'd find Zasz. Anyway howz the team going to 'recreate the look' with all the villains in uniforms? It'd be stupid to have all the villains in uniform, but I guess it adds a sense of realism to it so fingers crossed

Originally Posted by batdude
    I doubt they'd have eveyone in a uniform. I'm sure they'll have each villain in a unique suit, Arkham will probably hold all their personal effects. They do have a team, forgot the name, they have a company just to recreate classic villains and blend it with a classic/modern and familiar look, we've seen joker, Harley, Croc, and if you research, you'd find Zasz. Anyway howz the team going to 'recreate the look' with all the villains in uniforms? It'd be stupid to have all the villains in uniform, but I guess it adds a sense of realism to it so fingers crossed
    I don't think that nutt in the red over-all's and the muzzle was Zsasz... Unless I can be proven wrong with evidence.

We're talking about Arkham as if it's a reputable facilty. Arkham is like Dante's Inferno......abandon all hope ye who enter.

Zsaz wears an orange suit with chains.