Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Concerning the email subscription

Concerning the email subscription

Dear Square-Enix,
    I'm not quite sure this is the most suited subforum to report this "issue", but it seems the closest to me.

The problem is that I keep receiving NEWSLETTERS, MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS, HITMAN ABSOLUTION NEWSLETTER,
    YOUNAMEITNEWSLETTERS from you all the time.

In my settings, [SETTINGS] -> [PROFILE SETTINGS], I have absolutely EVERYTHING UNCHECKED.

That is, everything for Email Opt Ins , Email Genres & Email Products.

Because I believe in your good faith, I can only think this is a bug (right?).

On the bottom of each newsletter is the following mention:

"You are receiving this e-mail because you have opted-in for it through
    SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS. Login to your account and go to your profile to edit your subscription."

This is (more than obviously) wrong since I have had everything UNCHECKED in my settings for the last 6 months, at the VERY least.

So please by all means, fix this "bug".

Thank you so much.

Question How do i get official mail promotions and that type of things from SQ?

Like can anyone indicate me how to get the mail sub. I'm always missing what's going on the store, or the promotonal mails. Thanks in advance if someone can indicate the way.

Log in on either this or this site, click "My Profile" - "Settings" and check the "SQUARE ENIX will send me information and updates on games and products"-box. Don't forget to save. ^_-

Wrong E-mail on profile!

Could someone tell me if i still receive all my e-mails from this site even though the .co.uk and .com on my account is different to one another? I am told that it doesn't matter and i should still receive the e-mails even though mine is .com and i put .co.uk on my profile?

Any help be much appreciated.

Need to be unsubscribed from newsletter.

I continuously get a newsletter but when I go to the site and log in, there is no option to be unchecked. I got 3 newsletters for December.

Square-Enix Email Newsletters... HOW TO STOP?

Dear Square-Enix,
    I'm not quite sure this is the most suited subforum to report this "issue", but it seems the closest to me.

The problem is that I keep receiving NEWSLETTERS, MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS, HITMAN ABSOLUTION NEWSLETTER,
    YOUNAMEITNEWSLETTERS from you all the time.

In my settings, [SETTINGS] -> [PROFILE SETTINGS], I have absolutely EVERYTHING UNCHECKED.

That is, everything for Email Opt Ins , Email Genres* & Email Products.

Because I believe in your good faith, I can only think this is a bug (right?).

On the bottom of each newsletter is the following mention:

"You are receiving this e-mail because you have opted-in for it through
    SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS. Login to your account and go to your profile to edit your subscription."

This is (more than obviously) wrong since I have had everything UNCHECKED in my settings for the last 6 months, at the VERY least.

So please by all means, fix this "bug".

Thank you so much.

I'm having the same exact issue.

Same thing. I receive a ton of newsletters the 'unsubscribe' & 'Edit your subscriptions' links both just take me to the NA homepage. In my profile the only subscription related checkbox is "SQUARE ENIX will send me information and updates on games and products" which is unchecked. I even get multiple of the same exact newsletters to the same email address.

All I want to know is how to stop Square Enix from sending me unsolicited e-mails that I never voluntarily signed up for. I bought FFVII during a steam sale and was already pretty mad that I was forced to create an account here just to play the game. I did NOT check the box to receive spam from Square Enix, and I have verified that that box remains unchecked, but in the last 4 days I have gotten multiple e-mails. Each has what appears like it should be two links at the bottom ("Unsubscribe" | "Edit Your Subscription") but is in fact one link which takes me to the main North America Square page.

This is a dispicable business practice. I don't care about your other games and I don't want ot be notified of anything. And before you all jump up and say I can just mark the sending address as spam and let my email sort it for me, why should I have to do that? How about Square just doesn't send me spam that I specifically told them I did not want?

How do you make them stop? That box is unchecked, I never checked it in the first place, and never said I wanted to get their junk mail. but I've been getting duplicates of their stupid newsletter for the last week or so.

I've checked it, then unchecked it, and unchecked it again. Even Gmail won't send it to my spam box when I marked it as SPAM. Square needs to knock this off.

Originally Posted by F****squaresoft
    I've checked it, then unchecked it, and unchecked it again. Even Gmail won't send it to my spam box when I marked it as SPAM. Square needs to knock this off.
    glad i'm not the only one..

If unchecking the "SQUARE ENIX will send me information and updates on games and products"-box doesn't work, then contact customer support and inform them about the issue.

I was going to do that but was hoping the forums might be helpful.. thanks!

Same goes for me, It is quite annoying... Debating on deleting my account entirely... Please post a reply to this SE!

Despite turning off the very tiny and easily missable "SQUARE ENIX will send me information and updates", Squeenix continues to spam my account. Do they not want us to buy games from them? I don't buy games from spammers.

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. The Unsubscribe/Edit your subscription button in the email just links to the home page. I've unchecked "send me information and updates" in my account but I still get spam from them. Please stop.

This bull is still not fixed. Thank you for the link Grimoire, hope it works.

Speaking of the link, you might also want to contact not only the North American, but the European customer support.

Thumbs Down Cannot unsubscribe from SE newsletter.

I've tried for a month now. I cannot unsubscribe from the e-mail newsletter. The "unsubscribe" and "edit your subscription" links at the bottom of the e-mail both lead directly to http://na.square-enix.com/us/home and no actual location to unsubscribe. I go into my account settings and "receive e-mails from square enix" is unchecked already. How do I stop receiving e-mails from your newsletter?

Same here "SQUARE ENIX will send me information and updates on games and products" is unchecked and yet I still receive promotional emails from products I do not own. You are required by law to make it possible to unsubscribe.

I'm also having this issue. I'm fairly sure I never checked the appropriate check box in the first place, but it's certainly unchecked now and yet I still receive regular emails. I ended up throwing the address into my blocked list, but I'd rather not have to do that.

Unsubscribing

I've been trying to get myself off the newsletter as well but to no avail, unchecking the "receive email" box hasn't worked. After chatting with an agent on the UK support site I just found out it's impossible to have one's account deleted although there should be a way to get yourself off the news letter. Supposedly if you contact a member of the support team for the region where your account is registered (North America, UK, etc) they can get you off the mailing list. This was the link I was given for North american support from the agent I chatted with (http://support.na.square-enix.com/) and here is the (UK https://support.eu.square-enix.com). I'm told there is a chat function for each region's support team. I hope this helps. Also, UK support does have a "chat with agent" option that the North America site doesn't seem to have so it looks like it's just email support.

It's a shame we have to jump through so many hoops to do something so simple.

*Edit

So it seems the "contact us" page is really buried and almost impossible to find, at least it was for me. After getting to the support page of your respective region (see above) you need to click the "Square Enix Account" link in the "Recently Updated Titles" section towards the bottom of the page. From there click "contact" which is just above the search bar, the big envelope icon. The next page should have a "Get Support" button at the bottom of the page. The next page is pretty self explanatory, I put in Account/Billing and Unsubscribe for Contact Category and Contact Sub-category respectively. For Contact details a simple "unsubscribe from emails" should do it. After filling in this information click next to go to proceed. The next page will either have links to things related to your issue or say "We were not able to locate the support information related to your issue.
    Please select "Next" to proceed."
    . After clicking next you are then brought that will allow you to contact support directly, either by email or chat depending on your region.
    Last edited by Sharknado; 12th Feb 2014 at 11:02.

I don't mind the emails so much I'd just like to be able to tell them 'hey, I've got a PC and an Android device. Don't send me stuff regarding xbox/ps/ios things please because I have no plans to get one. Thanks'.

I called a couple months ago, got on hold with someone. After a while, they told me to "recheck and uncheck" the box. After doing that, it was supposed to stop the mail. However, it hasn't stopped. And when I asked the representative to verify my lack of subscription, he said he wouldn't be able to do that from his end.

So, looks like you just need to add it to your spam list.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last