Thread: Concerning the email subscription

Concerning the email subscription

How do you unsubscribe from Square Enix newsletters??

I noticed an old thread in this forum with about 5 dozen other people having the same problem, but it also seems that the site has changed since then, because what they report seeing is different than what I'm seeing.

When I receive Square Enix newsletters, there's an Unsubscribe button at the bottom. This redirects to my "Manage Email Preferences" page for my account:
    https://xmail.square-enix.com/fe/tra...BLUKLv26xBoHdh

However, this page is nearly blank. It has a few checkboxes next to some games, but there is absolutely nothing on this page where you can click to save your preferences. So if you uncheck all the boxes, it does nothing, because there's nothing for you to save those choices. All you can do is close the page, and the next time you open your email preferences again, the checkboxes are still checked.

How in the hell do you stop getting email from Square Enix?? This is absurd. As an aside, I find Square Enix's website design fairly ridiculous in general, particularly the customer support navigation.

I would like to know as well. I am also having the same issues.

I am also having the same issue and I am not interested in Square Enix or their offerings any longer.

bump, ditto all

Same. I've been trying to figure out how to unsubscribe for months. Having previously read the other thread here in the forums, as mentioned by the OP, and threads on various other websites, it seems like SE has a solid history of not allowing folk to opt-out of marketing emails. At best this makes their web developers / system admins seem incompetent. Starting to feel more like a sketchy / borderline illegal business practice though.

I think they fixed it. I clicked the unsubscribe button on a newsletter, and the link looked fixed.

Its a christmas miracle

How many times do I have to unsubscribe from your emails to be unsubscribed

I have been trying to unsubscribe from your promotional emails for about two years now. Fix your .

UNSUBSCRIBING FROM EMAILS

WTF do I have to do to get you guys from sending me emails? I have unsubscribed through the email like 6 times and still getting emails.

Seriously, it's annoying even more so when every stupid e-mail gets send at least two times. Might as well just flag them as spam at this point.

Originally Posted by NinjaPiece
    I think they fixed it. I clicked the unsubscribe button on a newsletter, and the link looked fixed.
    yeah no they havent fixed it

I have clicked unsubscribe for months. Over 100 times and they don't stop. Pitiful customer support. Great customer abuse though.

The hilarity of this , im telling you..

Enix knows exactly what email to use to harass me with a ton of *** spam for platforms I dont even own,
    but when I want them to send me a password reset so I can log in to complain, the mail never shows up.

Badgering people with ads is a good way to get people to hate your guts.
    Your email service is a freaking disaster, SE. Fix it!

How to unsubscribe from Square Enix emails

Hello.

I continue to receive Square Enix emails. I have attempted to unsubscribe, but the unsubscribe system doesn't seem to be working at all.

I would like to quit receiving these nuisance emails.

The last one I received was Adventures of Mana is AVAILABLE NOW on PS Vita.

Sincerely,
    Tristan

Same problem here. It takes me to an unsubscribe page, but there is no way to save changes so when I click "unsubscribe" again, it shows the same thing as before, as if I never changed anything. I tried to unsubscribe the first time about a week or two ago. I'm still getting the emails.

Unsubscribe from 50,000 spam emails

I had to submit a complaint to the ICO due to Square not giving a true Opt Out option (unsubscribe link in their emails takes you to a page that doesn't update). Does anyone know any way that I can actually unsubscribe from their emails?

The call to unsubscribe is blocked and gives a response on 403 Forbidden

How to stop gettgin emails from SQ?

i keep getting emails all the time....

how to fix this?

I'm having the same issue. I can check and uncheck any item however there is no way to save my choices. When I return to the page at a later time it still reflects the default settings.

yep this sux and SQ gives a damn about it.

This is garbage. I tried signing in to update my email preferences because the unsubscribe link doesn't work. Now I have two accounts somehow. Even with that, the unsubscribe function STILL doesn't work.

If you're in Canada, I urge you to report Square Enix as I have. You can do so here: http://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/...ng/MMCN-9EZV6S

This is incredibly poor customer service!

I'm getting the same problem. Tried unsubscribing from all emails, a few times now and nothing happens... so, looked a little deeper into what's going on.

If you look at some web debug tools, you will likely see that every time you click on a subscribe/unsubscribe toggle there is a POST to "https://xmail.square-enix.com/unsub/blahblah..." and it will fail with a 403 (Forbidden). This appears to fail for both subscriptions and unsubscriptions. My suspicion is that their server isn't setup correctly to receive the POSTs or it could be that the destination URL is not correct. Until someone fixes their server or form on their end, it won't work. #TestingFail!

Fix it fellas!

Having the same issue (AJAX requests return 404 errors). US users should send a complaint to the FTC. There's an option specifically for company's that don't honor unsubscribe requests. Go to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...%23%26panel1-5 , click continue, then select "I cannot opt out of receiving e-mails from this company". Proceed as directed from there.

Post HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAILS??

When I see the manage email preferences page, i see a bunch of sliders for receiving emails, but there is no way for me to "click submit" or determine which way is on or off. And every time i reload the page no changes are saved.

any ideas?

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last