Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Fox [NOT] replacing Angelina in new Tomb Raider movie

Megan Fox [NOT] replacing Angelina in new Tomb Raider movie

Megan Fox has emerged as a replacement of Angelina Jolie in the upcoming Tomb Raider film

I don't know if this has been posted before. It sounds like just a rumour right now since it says nobody is actually signed.

Angelina would be tough to replace. I would rather she did the 3rd one, but if they have to get a new actress Megan Fox would be a good choice. Rhona Mitra would be my first choice as a replacement though.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_no...c31188&pic=PS3

http://translate.google.com.py/trans...hl=es&ie=UTF-8

From that picture i'm not sure she is who should be portraying Lara TBH. I would rather have angelina over her any day. Aparently Alison carol can act quite well, seeing as she is the official TRU Lara model why not have her play Lara.

Ideally the next TR would be CGI with the real Lara takeing centre stage, but i guess thats too much to ask!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    From that picture i'm not sure she is who should be portraying Lara TBH.
    lol. From that picture itself, you wonder whether she should be a heroine in Transformers.

Some times, there are just some things that you just down right hate, this is one of those moments.

Maybe it is that picture previewed on the site, but she's no Lara Croft; not in my eyes anyway. However, it is tough to fill Jolie's boots because she did fit the criteria quite well.

Thumbs Down

Don't care about the movies. But this Megan woman would be a very bad choice.

Perhaps another image to make things clearer?

(Google Images search for "Megan Fox" didn't come up with much better than that FHM image, though).

God Megan Fox looks like she has some deformaty near her lower equipment to the left of the towel. Unless it's some type of tatto. She's a pretty enough woman, but doesn't look anything like Lara. Face is wrong shape too.

talk about your bad replacements,good lord

Quote Originally Posted by Foundered View Post
    Megan Fox has emerged as a replacement of Angelina Jolie in the upcoming Tomb Raider film

I don't know if this has been posted before. It sounds like just a rumour right now since it says nobody is actually signed.

Angelina would be tough to replace. I would rather she did the 3rd one, but if they have to get a new actress Megan Fox would be a good choice. Rhona Mitra would be my first choice as a replacement though.
    I was surprised to read about Megan as Lara in the third installment. I don't know what to make of that honestly. She looks too "safe." I thought she'd be in a horror film now because you all know how they typecast girls in those flicks eventually to be chased and snuffed off. But if they play the main character, they survive miraculously.

Technically, your personal second choice, Rhona Mitra is in the new upcoming Underworld film. Does anyone else see the connection ?

Yes, I'm aware it's only in title but I found it funny when a few months after TR Underworld game was released, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans trailer TV spot starring Rhona appeared. Maybe I over-analyze too much.....

Oh just keep Angelina
    She's got Lara's huge lips
    I spiked the tea.

better yet, dont do live action at all. CGI it like the new Resident Evil Degeneration and Advent Children, voice it with Keeley and you got a win/win

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    I was surprised to read about Megan as Lara in the third installment. I don't know what to make of that honestly. She looks too "safe." I thought she'd be in a horror film now because you all know how they typecast girls in those flicks eventually to be chased and snuffed off. But if they play the main character, they survive miraculously.
    Yeah seriosuly 50 stabs...10 of them through the heart and they can still scream "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP" But no ones there...EVER
    I spiked the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    better yet, dont do live action at all. CGI it like the new Resident Evil Degeneration and Advent Children, voice it with Keeley and you got a win/win
    Hey good idea
    I was thinking about it once.......oh well
    I spiked the tea.

Because Megan Fox is so much better...

Might as well keep Angelina instead. I doubt Megan can do better.
    Or, like josh said, CG all the way.

Why not the lara croft model

Id pick the new Lara Croft model. Shes athletic and can pull of all the super awesome gymnatics and stunts plus shes actually British and I think shes an actress. Though I guess she's a bit to proper and girly so shed have to be a pretty good actress.

Megan Fox would not be my 1st choice for Tomb Raider however after seeing that image I think she probably could portray an adventurous and athletic character and probably would be a better choice for the less sexualized and more fearless and athletic Lara we see in the newer videogames.

Though I also think Angelina would be tough to replace and she probably could get back into peak physical condition after her baby. But I think the demands are higher on her now than before because when the 1st few movies came out the video-game character was still sexualized and didnt have the edgier personality or emphasis on athletesism she has now.

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird87 View Post
    Id pick the new Lara Croft model. Shes athletic and can pull of all the super awesome gymnatics and stunts plus shes actually British and I think shes an actress. Though I guess she's a bit to proper and girly so shed have to be a pretty good actress.

Megan Fox would not be my 1st choice for Tomb Raider however after seeing that image I think she probably could portray an adventurous and athletic character and probably would be a better choice for the less sexualized and more fearless and athletic Lara we see in the newer videogames.

Though I also think Angelina would be tough to replace and she probably could get back into peak physical condition after her baby. But I think the demands are higher on her now than before because when the 1st few movies came out the video-game character was still sexualized and didnt have the edgier personality or emphasis on athletesism she has now.
    You mean "babies".

She had twins. (Her and Brad are pretty busy...)
    Yeah, just keep Angelina.
    I guess she's the only choice right now, as much as I dislike it, if they are sticking to live action.

I've got a suggestion, no more movies at all!

Although the CG idea is interesting, as long as they get keely to do the voice!
    "In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces."- Zapp Brannigan

Megan Fox ...as Lara Croft.
    Couldn't they at least wait until April 1st?

If it's real, that strikes me a decision made by someone who just doesn't get Tomb Raider and is therefore looking for all the wrong qualities for Lara.

CG movie with Keeley or nothing sound great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Perhaps another image to make things clearer?

(Google Images search for "Megan Fox" didn't come up with much better than that FHM image, though).
    The Transformers chick, well she has the looks, but I'm not too keen about Lara Croft being younger than I. How the heck did that happen? Though I thought Transformers was ok, that is one dorky picture. It's not her, it's the dork by her side.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    The Transformers chick, well she has the looks, but I'm not too keen about Lara Croft being younger than I. How the heck did that happen? Though I thought Transformers was ok, that is one dorky picture. It's not her, it's the dork by her side.
    You age, she doesn't

BTW, my sis' would consider that blasphemy, she loves Shia LeBeouf.

Doing a quick search I saw there are a ton of sites compairing Angelina and Megan. Looks like they are both fond of tattoos.

I'm not sure if I'd like a CG movie. They seem to spend too much time on the graphics and skip over the story. Final Fantasy: Advent Children looked amazing....and had no story. I hear the same thing about the Resident Evil movie. I would love if they brought the GameTap anime onto DVD!

I agree go CGI all the way no restraints in what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Foundered View Post
    .and had no story. I hear the same thing about the Resident Evil movie. I would love if they brought the GameTap anime onto DVD!
    Wrong.

People that are fans of the Resident Evil series would see that the new Resident Evil CG movie had a storyline. It happens 7 years after Resident Evil 2 and 1 year after Resident Evil 4. Gotta pay attention to the movie to actually get the story, it links to various things. It's a REALLY good movie. Leon/Claire are awesome in it

why a replacement, Angelina not playing lara anymore?

Wrong.

People that are fans of the Resident Evil series would see that the new Resident Evil CG movie had a storyline. It happens 7 years after Resident Evil 2 and 1 year after Resident Evil 4. Gotta pay attention to the movie to actually get the story, it links to various things. It's a REALLY good movie. Leon/Claire are awesome in it
    Was Degeneration good? I have yet to rent it.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast