Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which Core tomb raider game do you want a remake of?

Smile which Core tomb raider game do you want a remake of?

Which Core tomb raider game do you want a remake of?

Tomb Raider II Starring Lara Croft

Tomb Raider III Adventures of Lara Croft

Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation

Tomb Raider Chronicles

or

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Pick which one!

For me, TRLR because they might be able to add something to show how she escaped from the
    But this is just my opinion.
    The RE5 Versus King

all of them but most of all 2 second one xian dagger i would just like the remakes in order
    zip:do your pistols have names?
    lara:yes! my left one is called left pistol and my right one is called poplk

Honestly? None.

The Tomb Raider series is struggling as it is right now, some people claim that dude raider is better and so on; if we get another remake can you imagine what's the reaction outside the fan base?

if any...2 and then remake in chronological order. (venice and the jade mine are the only reasons) otherwise 4 is a good idea.
    if you dont like tomb raider, look away from the screen then.

None.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Honestly? None.

The Tomb Raider series is struggling as it is right now, some people claim that dude raider is better and so on; if we get another remake can you imagine what's the reaction outside the fan base?
    So it might give UDF fanboys some feed... not many others will care, I think.

[QUOTE=tombraiding101]Which Core tomb raider game do you want a remake of?/QUOTE]

For me ( and probably people who know me here, especially you rg, you know what i'm gonna go for) The answer is easy; I love all the TRs 1-5. TR1 was remade because it was the 10th anniversary (only not really) and they needed to tie Natla in. In my mind I love TR2 how it is, looking at TRA a remake would be nice but there is no reason as there isn't for any of the games...untill AOD!

AOd was such a disaster but with so much potential with the story and new features..which by now could be implicated properly.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    AOd was such a disaster but with so much potential with the story and new features..which by now could be implicated properly.
    The features of AoD would certainly be something to implement, but it's a question of whether we, and the general gaming audience, want to revisit AoD. Could open up old wounds...

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    The features of AoD would certainly be something to implement, but it's a question of whether we, and the general gaming audience, want to revisit AoD. Could open up old wounds...
    Lol you're not wrong there. Its certainly a hot topic round here. Amazingly so too considering its 5 years old we don;t seem to get more than a few months without it popping up somewhere!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    Lol you're not wrong there. Its certainly a hot topic round here. Amazingly so too considering its 5 years old we don;t seem to get more than a few months without it popping up somewhere!
    AoD itself, yes. But I don't think we get more than a few months without a Ponytail vs. Braid discussion, either.

I myself wouldn't mind seeing TR2 remade, if the gameplay mechanics were done well.

No remakes. None.

Fresh, new, innovative...something we've not seen before. Give us that, and Tomb Raider stands a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Fresh, new, innovative...something we've not seen before. Give us that, and Tomb Raider stands a chance.
    It's funny... "Fresh, new, innovative" were three sorts of words used to describe AoD...
    Undoubtedly TR needs fresh, though.

It's funny... "Fresh, new, innovative" were three sorts of words used to describe AoD...
    Undoubtedly TR needs fresh, though.
    It needs new and innovative as well. Just because it didn't work out with AoD, doesn't mean that newness and innovation are to blame. AoD just didn't execute correctly or well.

Now..none...i mean 30 people got fired already and lots of happened...so we just need a new game...IF they decide to make a remake i'd go with a FINISHED AOD...cause we never even got to see the full story...and i think that with these new controls it'll be even better
    Anyway...I don't want a remake...yet
    I spiked the tea.

I wouldn't mind seeing total complete remakes of all the Core games with missing content put in. That being said, I don't see it happening. It's like saying we have done it all and can't come up with any better than the past stories. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Vennes in new graphics. The thing is imo we neeed a fresh new storyline: no Natla, no Amanda, no mommy dearist. Each game needs to be complete in and of itself, no sequels. Then you don't end up in a situation like AoD is unfinished. But if I had to pick one and only one to redo I go with AoD. It's not my favorite at all but the story is left hanging. It would need to be redone from the beginning though. Maybe this time it could start off with how Lara escaped the temple in the last game and why she is would even talk to Von Croy before moving on to his murder in Paris.

So it might give UDF fanboys some feed... not many others will care, I think.
    Exactly my point. Only the TR fanbase would actually purchase a new remake and even so, you know that at least half of it would spread hate-posts about it and whoever developed it because back then things were different.

Exactly my point. Only the TR fanbase would actually purchase a new remake and even so, you know that at least half of it would spread hate-posts about it and whoever developed it because back then things were different.
    I affraid that you are probably right. I mean I'd love to see them all in Underworld graphics style, but we Core gamers would most likely be the only ones interested. And if they took liberties with the story as they did in A, yah a lot of flack.

IMO most, but not all of the new crowd don't want a platformer they want a shooter with some cool platforming moves included. They don't want traps and they hate exploring. It slows them down from getting to the next round of combat. Now I'm a FPS whore but I don't want to see that in TR. Beside there are all kinds of 1st and 3rd shooters why change her into one too. Heck the only thing they seem to want is Lara herself.

Smile

[QUOTE=GoLarago;932954]I wouldn't mind seeing total complete remakes of all the Core games with missing content put in.[QUOTE]

Same here! I would love to see complete remakes of all the Core games with all the missing content put in! Then we can reexperience the core games and experience the cut content from the other games. Best of all, it will have better graphics than the original. The only thing bad that could happen is that the developers making the remake might change or tweak the story a little. This is bad for me but I am not sure about you guys ok!
    The RE5 Versus King

Thank you! That is the essential point here, and why all this remake talk is just a setup for hardcore fan disappointment. The next big installment of the franchise needs to be something new, something that can grab casual gamers by the lapels and shake them out of their dismissive attitude toward Tomb Raider.

Maybe there are other options for the hardcore fans, though. Since they're doing downloadable content now, how about after the next game is released they make remakes of the original games as exclusive downloadable content. Maybe make it an unlockable feature after collecting the requisite number of relics, etc. The whole project could be done in serial episode format, too -- that way people wouldn't have to go for such long stretches of time without getting a new Tomb Raider fix.

It'd be a nice incentive to keep playing the flagship game over, and would reward the loyal fanbase who stick through all the changes the Tomb Raider franchise is about to go through.
    If only Tomb Raider: Underworld had as much drama as this thread.

I don't want any either. If another was remade, I'd obviously buy it and love it, but I think new and original is a lot better. Anniversary served two purposes: celebrate the 10th anniversary and to have a prequel for Underworld. I don't want a remake just for the sake of it.
    "Out of juice.... just like Bolivia!"

I'm pretty sure Eidos wouldn't touch AoD with a 259 foot pole. I have nothing against it myself (haven't played it), but Eidos did get rid of an entire development studio over it.

Also, it's not his decision, but Toby Gard is still on the team and he probably isn't interested in revisiting any Core game besides TR1...

I do think the Dagger of Xian would be easy and interesting to incorporate into the Crystal Dynamics mytharc... but I am more interested in seeing the series move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Thank you! That is the essential point here, and why all this remake talk is just a setup for hardcore fan disappointment. The next big installment of the franchise needs to be something new, something that can grab casual gamers by the lapels and shake them out of their dismissive attitude toward Tomb Raider.

Maybe there are other options for the hardcore fans, though. Since they're doing downloadable content now, how about after the next game is released they make remakes of the original games as exclusive downloadable content. Maybe make it an unlockable feature after collecting the requisite number of relics, etc. The whole project could be done in serial episode format, too -- that way people wouldn't have to go for such long stretches of time without getting a new Tomb Raider fix.

It'd be a nice incentive to keep playing the flagship game over, and would reward the loyal fanbase who stick through all the changes the Tomb Raider franchise is about to go through.
    Technically, it's the hardcores and purists that are most against the idea of the remake, they wouldn't want to see their favourite games butchered. There are those like me who would like to see remakes of the games, for the enjoyment of replaying them in next-gen, and allowing a new generation to play them... but anyway.
    I don't think the hardcore fans have any reason to be disappointed in whatever game they get. Next TR should be fresh and new, but not different. (Look at difference between, say TR5, and maybe the game TRAoD was supposed to be...). The best thing for devs to do is please majority, and not ignore the fans who have supported them for so long. That might be a challenge, but it's easier than trying to please fans through DLC.
    Episodic DLC *might* work, but that would require an alternate team working on it, so the main team would be working on the main, flagship TR as you suggest. It would seem better to me to have one team working on "flagship", and the other team working on 'fanbase' games. (Not sure if that's financially viable, though).

Smile

Tomb raider 2 or 3. Both of these have some fantastic environments that could really be made to look incredible with the new improved graphics.

Please no more remakes. Efforts would be better spent towards something new. I love the old games, I hope they get left alone.

@ tombraiding101, If you would like to know how Lara escaped, there's a novel called Tomb Raider the Amulet of Power which explains it
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

i think aod shuld be remade. sometimes people need to take a chance and hope their choice works. aod had a great story potential and in the second one they would have explained how lara escaped. alot of people that hated aod were the people who got frustrated by it because they culd not get past the bugs. I beat it easily and even though the controls were horrible the story is what made me determined to beat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast