Thread: What to do about Battlestations: Pacific's sinking ship (advertising, promotion)

What to do about Battlestations: Pacific's sinking ship (advertising, promotion)

What to do about Battlestations: Pacific's sinking ship (advertising, promotion)

Theres not alot of BSP propaganda going on outside our "society". that should change. If this game is going to get noticed nows the time to start. Edios is working w. the game, we should promote it, take some of the workload off. A couple weeks ago i offered (to my local gamestop) to print out some pics from BSP and hang them up, they said no, because usually stuff comes in to advertise the game, i see tons of stuff for other games like some of the much larger and sadly more popular games, so we should take this into our own hands and start promoting BSP.

Originally Posted by Yamamoto666
    Theres not alot of BSP propaganda going on outside our "society". that should change. If this game is going to get noticed nows the time to start. Eidos is working w. the game, we should promote it, take some of the workload off. A couple weeks ago i offered (to my local gamestop) to print out some pics from BSP and hang them up, they said no, because usually stuff comes in to advertise the game, i see tons of stuff for other games like some of the much larger and sadly more popular games, so we should take this into our own hands and start promoting BSP.
    Only if they give me a free copy of BS:P. Really though as much as I would like to see this game get huge, if eidos doesn't want to promote it well, thats not my problem. If it ends up like BS:M (not supported or really cared about) then its the last game I buy from eidos.

Not much you can do from your current location...unless you happen to be living next door to Eidos or you're in Hungary. You could try mailing them if you really want to.

You need to be an EIDOS marketing employee to be able fuel promotional campaigns.
    Even living in Hungary does not help. All the calls about the product are made from London. The DEV team is a kind of "subcontractor". They are doing what the EIDOS HQ tells them to do. They have no authority over releasing information and also they have no word in pricing or distribution arrangements.

I think it is not our job to make a marketing campaign. We have done more than enough to point out what we believe is the problem.

What we can do:
    1. Maintain the community and try to capture more visitors. You can do this just by being around and contributing. A good idea is to visit the "old" BS:M forums and help out "newbies" with their questions about the game/installation etc. Save face for EIDOS because of their almost non-existent support. The more people playing or trying BS:M the more probably going to buy BS:P

2. Register yourself on the major gaming sites and make traffic, and clicks for BS:P related materials. Wherever possible post your comments and information on blogs and article comments

3. Tell your friends to try BS:M. Everybody here should bring 1 or 2 more potential player. It's an exponential pattern so we can grow.

All the rest is on EIDOS.
    Since they are totally unreliable and reluctant to announce the release date the big question is if we can keep up the attention long enough. Unless we see the light at the end of the tunnel it will be difficult.

Do not hope or expect that EIDOS will help. They are always too busy "looking into things".

i agree w. 1

Originally Posted by Yamamoto666
    i agree w. 1
    This type of post is what I call "digital pollution". Does not really help moving forward with the topic, neither expands the view. For some well managed forums people can get a WARN after the second time they do something like this and a BAN if they keep doing it...
    As I said before, here at the EIDOS forums the admins are much more forgiving but this does not mean that we should misuse it.

So after all this: what is your problem with #2, #3 and why?

nothing

give me links to major game sites and ill go spread the word

and i already am spreading the word to my friends

i'm going for point 2
    i'll advertise BSP on a belgian forum

lol

some websites or gaming websites won't let you mention another game

like navyfield
    scared they'll lose business

but i support BSP 100%

I would say,the devs would be better off adding more US Battleship classes,not a surprise that some of the Americans who play this game are quite disappointed with BSM.A New York and Iowa as the only USN BB is very disappointing.The Nevada,West Virginia,California and etc that were at Pearl Harbor were either refloated and sent back to battle and the BB's like Maryland,Pennsylvania and Tennessee escaped with minor damage.So in many respects to the American BSP fans,I believe the Pennsylvania,Colorado,Nevada,Tennessee and New Mexico class Battleships do deserve to be on BSP