Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Little Moments in DX1

Little Moments in DX1

Little Moments in DX1

I will always cherish one moment of the first Deus Ex.

Somewhere in a dark alley in Hong Kong two men speaking really bad Engrish (<--not a typo) are making a drug-deal.

When they notice you there is cause for alarm as they point out, "You've just made a big meestake, humboy!" After which they accost you with combat knives and crowbars.

Lets consider this, shall we? A large man, wearing a trench-coat and brandishing a glowing blue sword... and we're going to attack him with a knife and a crowbar? Awesome.

I still use that phrase on a regular basis and look back on that moment and laugh. "You just made a big meestake humboy!"

Classic.

Who else can share any similar experiences with little side aspects of the game that you ended up finding really cool?

You're forgetting, that's what made the game slow! AMIRITE?

I liked in the subways when I gave my last vial of zyme to that druggie.

"Make it last. I took out homeboy out by the tracks."

classic...
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

I loved how everyone used the word "bro" to look gangster.
    And especially when you talked to the pimp with Sandra Renton and he goes "Eeeasy bro. Just, havin' us a conversation..."

lol yah ^^

I still like, "What a shame"
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Maggie Chow saying "In the fresh"

Shooting Joe Green the first time I played before I knew who he was (That's right. I called the him being a spy thing. I never trust car salesmen).

Oh yeah, and...A BOMB!

I fell off my chair when JC says "A BOMB!" That was a classic moment.

Got another one...

Navarre: "Are you sure you pressed the right button?"

Hermann: "I wanted orange... it gave me lemon-lime."

Navarre: "Your hand might have slipped."

Hermann: "I do not make mistakes of that kind."

Navarre: "The machine would not make a mistake..."

Hermann: "It's the mainenance man, he knows I like orange..."

Navarre: "So you're saying the staff has some kind of a plot?"

Hermann: "Yes, they do that on purpose..."

I lol'd.

This behemoth of a man, this germanic killing machine is felled by... a soda machine.

Bravo.

You have 10 seconds to beat it before i add you to the NSF casualties

OHHH, YOU BAD.

*Thud slash stab*

Arrrgghhgurgle...!

The Door Girl at the Lucky Money always makes me laugh:

'Mmmmm... leather boots. For you, twenty-five credits admission.'

'Perfect. I order you to stand in the spotlight and growl at the women like a dog who needs a master.'

'I see you in a corner, smoldering, hostile. Everyone will wonder who you are.'

'Go call a Russian sailor a nasty name. I want to see you fight.'

'I like a man with a lot of zippers.'

I also like the Crazy Cat Lady in Paris, mainly because I'm also a (slightly) crazy cat lady.

"No no stop! Just think of the possibilities you're just throwing away! What is it you want, money? How about your very own continent...Europe perhaps? Just let me get my affairs in order..."

Bob Page

I found it hilarious that the man actually felt like a deal was forthcoming. After all the chaos he had thrown at me. Not to mention killing my parents. By that point I was in Spaniard mode, like Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride.
    "Hello, my name is JC Denton...you killed my father. Prepare to die!"

After playing through it so many times, these days I really enjoy finding areas or hearing conversations that are new to me. Only a few weeks ago I heard the conversation in Paris between Rene and O for the first time. And I discovered the underground flooded tunnel in Hong Kong canals with the scientist's letter and his karkians

Originally Posted by Radius86
    "No no stop! Just think of the possibilities you're just throwing away! What is it you want, money? How about your very own continent...Europe perhaps? Just let me get my affairs in order..."

Bob Page

I found it hilarious that the man actually felt like a deal was forthcoming. After all the chaos he had thrown at me. Not to mention killing my parents. By that point I was in Spaniard mode, like Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride.
    "Hello, my name is JC Denton...you killed my father. Prepare to die!"
    I always wanted to option to say 'Yes, Europe will do nicely thanks'. Except that in traditional bad guy style he'd probably back out and have JC killed.

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    After playing through it so many times, these days I really enjoy finding areas or hearing conversations that are new to me. Only a few weeks ago I heard the conversation in Paris between Rene and O for the first time. And I discovered the underground flooded tunnel in Hong Kong canals with the scientist's letter and his karkians
    Could someone actually direct me here? I'd really like to read this letter, I hear its quite tragically romantic. Where exactly in the canals is it? There's a LOT of water in Hong Kong to wade through and look for it!

It's pretty well hidden. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so...

After killing Anna Nevarre in Lebedev's Jet and explaining to AJ that, "she was out of line."

The Unatco troopers complaining about the gas grenades which Paul had issued them in Hell's Kitchen: "...prolonged exposure may cause damage to the bronchial pathways...it's like giving them cigarettes or something."

That little french kid in the catacombs who says "who are you?"

1 of the best has to be when JC gives the bum in the toilet some sage advice...

"A bombs a bad choice for close range combat."

The inclusion of an SDK... not for the mods... but for the ocassional small moments of hilarity that pop up on YouTube: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvClV94Zl8

One of my favourites is still this little bit: "Son of a..."
    Originally Posted by Mezmerizer
    You have 10 seconds to beat it before i add you to the list of NSF casualties
    Fixed it.
    Tabrett Bethell's films - a blog with all the info you need.
    signature image

Originally Posted by AaronJ
    You're forgetting, that's what made the game slow! AMIRITE?
    Way to troll a bit more about a point you have tried your best to stress for over a month and contribute nothing to the thread or it's topic.
    Keep up the good job...

On topic:

I liked the little discussion between Maggie Chow and Bob Page that you overhear in the VersaLife labs was cool.
    I think that's the first mention of the Icarus AI too and anything with Icarus is good... Creepy little bugger

Funniest moment I had though was when the MiB started slaughtering the scientists and MJ12 security for no reason at all after I blew up one of the crates in the labs.

In my opinion the best quote is the businessman in paris club saying "Go Cat Go!"

Except for the bomb thing, obviously....

"I am NOT a machi-" BOOM!, "A BOMB!", and when WS kills the NSF prisoners in UNATCO HQ are some favorites of mine.

Also the conversation between two NSF guys next to the statue was interesting.

The phone call from Icarus was probably my favourite part.

I can't remember the situation but that time when JC says "I wasn't properly trained in its operation" in response to being asked why he just blew something up.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last