Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why does everyone keep complaining about tru???

Smile

I think TRU could have been better, especially technically & I don't mind saying so. I don't hate it at all but I don't love it either.

The members who love TRU will get along just fine here but if you don't or feel let down by it in any way I advise you from my own experience not to express it here. Nobody will listen to what you have to say even if you see it as being constructive & you will have a cross heir on you as a target for attack.

If you want to have a serious debate on TRU's merits & flaws this is not the place I promise you. Save your praises for here & your serious honest opinion for another TR forum, just a bit of advise...

Quote Originally Posted by tuppence9 View Post
    people are compareing it to aod, what i played was a beautiful game which frequently made me exclaim outloud..."WOW"! maybe its cos its the xbox version im playing.
    aod was bad for many reasons, bad controls, no double guns, different direction, dull. none of these can apply to underworld. these intricate levels with such detail as plants moving do not to me say rushed and incomplete!
    I didnt even know there were people who disliked this game. Well I happen to be one of them.

I compare it to AOD because it was highly anticipated but turned out to be dissapointing(at least for me). I agree it is still a servicable game unlike AOD but thats not a huge acheivement especially not in this gen.

I dont care that the levels had plants moving around because to me design elements such as the colours were really off. Though the levels were less linear which is good, they still seemed really messy and unvaried.

Yes, Hummingbird, so you've said a thousand times already. Spamming is supposed to be frowned on here so I have no idea how you and your ilk get away with it so blatantly.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-bite View Post
    I think TRU could have been better, especially technically & I don't mind saying so. I don't hate it at all but I don't love it either.

The members who love TRU will get along just fine here but if you don't or feel let down by it in any way I advise you from my own experience not to express it here. Nobody will listen to what you have to say even if you see it as being constructive & you will have a cross heir on you as a target for attack.

If you want to have a serious debate on TRU's merits & flaws this is not the place I promise you. Save your praises for here & your serious honest opinion for another TR forum, just a bit of advise...
    This sounds close to slamming this forum, don't you think?
    Anyway, it happens to be that 95% of the people on this forum do not think this game is bad, so if 95% of people are getting along, that does not seem to be such a bad thing as you make it out to be. There will always be a small part of the community that don't get along with others.
    And spam is bad on both sides, and we have certainly seen spam from both sides. What often would be the case, though, is that when "serious discussion" of the flaws & merits of TR:U occurs, there are those who are not quite as controlled to discuss the flaws & merits, and who just repeat their same old rants against why they think TR:U is such a bad game. Spammers flood in. A lot of the spam is just venting from the minority who were disappointed of what TR:U was, and doesn't really count as "serious debate". Personal opinion as to what makes a good TR game also comes into play, some find the aspects of TR:U brilliant compared to previous games, while others think it was far less than it should have been.

Smile

Of course it isn't a a bad thing when people get along, I'm sure most prefer that including myself. People can still get along even if they have different opinions though, of course as with any game, film etc.. there are those who like & those who may not. All I'm saying is that in my observation there has to be a divide on here for some reason when instead people could just respect each view point & allow one to express that without it having to be a quarrel. As for people just venting without elaborating further such as "I loved it" or "I hated it", well that works both ways too. I know those who fall into the "I loved it" category don't get accused of spamming.

It's ok to love TRU & it's equally ok if you didn't, lets just accept that & respect that. I'm sure everybody has their favourite & least favourite TR game, we're all TR fans here after all & we're a diverse bunch. There are the fans of the classics, there are hardcore fans of AOD then there are newer fans through CD's TR games. Then there are others like myself who like all the games in the series but some more then others. I just sometimes wish it felt more comfortable to be honest here rather then feeling you have to pick a side. My point is nothing about slamming this forum but more about questioning our behavior, after all it's us the forum members what makes the forum what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-bite View Post
    Of course it isn't a a bad thing when people get along, I'm sure most prefer that including myself. People can still get along even if they have different opinions though, of course as with any game, film etc.. there are those who like & those who may not. All I'm saying is that in my observation there has to be a divide on here for some reason when instead people could just respect each view point & allow one to express that without it having to be a quarrel. As for people just venting without elaborating further such as "I loved it" or "I hated it", well that works both ways too. I know those who fall into the "I loved it" category don't get accused of spamming.

It's ok to love TRU & it's equally ok if you didn't, lets just accept that & respect that. I'm sure everybody has their favourite & least favourite TR game, we're all TR fans here after all & we're a diverse bunch. There are the fans of the classics, there are hardcore fans of AOD then there are newer fans through CD's TR games. Then there are others like myself who like all the games in the series but some more then others. I just sometimes wish it felt more comfortable to be honest here rather then feeling you have to pick a side. My point is nothing about slamming this forum but more about questioning our behavior, after all it's us the forum members what makes the forum what it is.
    Hear, hear. This forum is much more interesting for the honest airing of differing points of view.

One can almost hear the heavy tread of the fascist boot behind some of the grumbling about any criticism of Underworld, though.

This thread makes me feel like pulling out a violin and start playing(in regards to us all)

**even though i do not know how to play one**

*ill let this person do it for me*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM

I liked Underworld but is not a great game. Its a pity, because with an extra couple of months to work out the bugs it could have been really good. As it is, the storyline is poor and feels like the devs are just trying to tie Legend and Anniversary together, plus the camera is rather prone to getting stuck in confined spaces and going outside the map, also the animations seem jerky because there aren't enough transitional animations. There are also some issues such as delays between control input and the action being carried out, which can lead to Lara leaping to her death when you try to jump and when Lara doesn't immediately respond, so you press the jump button again and Lara then jumps twice.

Quote Originally Posted by David603 View Post
    I liked Underworld but is not a great game. Its a pity, because with an extra couple of months to work out the bugs it could have been really good. As it is, the storyline is poor and feels like the devs are just trying to tie Legend and Anniversary together, plus the camera is rather prone to getting stuck in confined spaces and going outside the map, also the animations seem jerky because there aren't enough transitional animations. There are also some issues such as delays between control input and the action being carried out, which can lead to Lara leaping to her death when you try to jump and when Lara doesn't immediately respond, so you press the jump button again and Lara then jumps twice.
    That's a fair assessment of the game. Underworld really could have been great with some more time, thought, and polish. The potential was there, anyway.

It's not a fair assessment of the game at all. You're just a bunch of whiners. You probably whine at breakfast, whine at work, whine about your girlfriends, whine about the weather. I mean, really, that's all you are - whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver View Post
    It's not a fair assessment of the game at all. You're just a bunch of whiners. You probably whine at breakfast, whine at work, whine about your girlfriends, whine about the weather. I mean, really, that's all you are - whiners.
    Not everyone who has quarrels with the game are whiners, alot of them are,yes. But not everyone that dislikes the game can be considered a whiner,they just dislike the game for whatever reason they felt let down. regardless, its only their opinion,neither wrong or right(which they'll disagree with), so no use in getting mad and calling them ''whiners''. It's just their personal perspective, just like yours(also mine) that Underworld was great. You know?

Their opinion is no more right than ours is. Just our individual point of view on game.

Cool

I am kind and fair. I am a harsh mistress. My patience is not boundless.

I have said more than once: Stop spamming/bashing/bickering on BOTH sides! And I mean it.

Calling people whiners/fanboys ad nauseum is an honest opinion, but is it polite? No, it is insulting. So stop it.

How clear and often must this be said? People can have different opinions here, and they most certainly do, but being vile or agressive is not allowed, and that is where the staff help. Fascism? No. Thank you very much for the insult, though.

Underworld Rocks - who wants to argue about it?

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post

Fascism? No. Thank you very much for the insult, though.
    Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to the forum moderators, or trying to call anyone a name. Sorry if I gave anyone that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post

I am kind and fair. I am a harsh mistress. My patience is not boundless.
    Now that was one hell of a re-enactment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    One can almost hear the heavy tread of the fascist boot behind some of the grumbling about any criticism of Underworld, though.
    Whistling a cheery tune as I raise my hobnailed jack-boots to a high, glossy shine....

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
    Whistling a cheery tune as I raise my hobnailed jack-boots to a high, glossy shine....
    FOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR!
    -boot-

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver View Post
    Hey, I didn't say Underworld was a bad game, its a good game with some issues that hold it back. Besides, if anyone is whining its you because you can't seem to stand any critisism of Underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird87 View Post
    I didnt even know there were people who disliked this game. Well I happen to be one of them.

I compare it to AOD because it was highly anticipated but turned out to be dissapointing(at least for me). I agree it is still a servicable game unlike AOD but thats not a huge acheivement especially not in this gen.

I dont care that the levels had plants moving around because to me design elements such as the colours were really off. Though the levels were less linear which is good, they still seemed really messy and unvaried.
    thailand and valhalla? messy? the end area could be described as that maybe

Quote Originally Posted by tuppence9 View Post
    people are compareing it to aod, what i played was a beautiful game which frequently made me exclaim outloud..."WOW"! maybe its cos its the xbox version im playing.
    aod was bad for many reasons, bad controls, no double guns, different direction, dull. none of these can apply to underworld. these intricate levels with such detail as plants moving do not to me say rushed and incomplete!
    I noticed that too.
    People are saying that this game is like CDs version of AOD.
    Which disagree on, the only part which reminded me of AOD was the Thralls but thats not bad (right?)
    But I think people are mainly complaining because of the glitches which everyone seems to be encountering throughout the game, which I luckly havent encountered yet
    But yeah I think with all its problems it still makes up a rather good game
    Unknown person: Who are you??
    Lara: I am Lara croft, world famous adventurer with double D's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12