they seem 2 b releasing every year

2006- tomb raider legend

2007- tomb raider anniversary

2008- tomb raider underworld

????- tomb raider ?

i hope the nxt 1 cums out this year

wat do u think?????

probably not for another 2 years

I hope this time they take more time then they need, so that they don't feel rushed and fix all the bugs and stuuuffff.

means more time

plus with eidos being sold i dont imagine they will be greenlighting any new games

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnyskeans View Post

means more time

plus with eidos being sold i dont imagine they will be greenlighting any new games
    Has that been confirmed yet or are we still speculating? Please not EA please no!!!

2020. By then the game will be 100% PERFECT!

underworld:2008-xbox,pc,ps3,wii,ds/2009-ps2

Considering CD have been developing Underworld since Legend's release in 2005...3 years of development i think we can expect the next TR game in round about 2011 or 2012 if they take a break from the franchise for a while. Which i expect they will after developing only TR for 4 years. At least they will be able to bring lots of fresh ideas to the table after a break though. Plus it would be nice to have Lara debut in a new game the year of the olympics.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_uDeRwOrLd View Post
    2020. By then the game will be 100% PERFECT!

Don't expect it this year, or in the next.

I think I will start again from the classics, 1-6 and then some fan-made levels perhaps......will keep me busy till 2020 I think.......
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    Considering CD have been developing Underworld since Legend's release in 2005...3 years of development i think we can expect the next TR game in round about 2011 or 2012 if they take a break from the franchise for a while. Which i expect they will after developing only TR for 4 years. At least they will be able to bring lots of fresh ideas to the table after a break though. Plus it would be nice to have Lara debut in a new game the year of the olympics.
    I think something like that too. Didn't know they were already working on it since 2005

I don't know if you noticed, but they are acting a lil bit like Core. ( not bad but just... dont know xD)
    Core did also every year a new game, so they didn't take a chance to make a new engine and stuff like that. And that was just too bad. ( But I loved it they were listening to the fans and didn't stop making the games )
    CD is acting like that too. Every year a game, but no new engine. It's not bad, because the graphics look awesome and stuff ( it's not like old stuff, what was with Core. They kept the 'bad' graphics.)
    But it's time for CD to follow the league, and keep upgrading the game.

I don't say they don't, but I don't want them to get stuck at one engine. That's just too bad.

( You could say it's just me, but I just felt disappointed when I noticed the low System requirements. My old computer and my laptop could run TRU, that wasn't my idea of gaming But that wasn't the only game that gave me that feeling. It's just, I bought a new video card to play new games at high and stuff, and they're giving me games that low. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much of the game industry. )

But probably, and hopefully, a new TR game will come summer 2010 or something like that.

I doubt they'll release another one this year. Anniversary, Legend and Underworld revolved around the same/similar storyline, and I think Underworld pretty much put a lid on that story. Where else can they go with it? They'll probably want to develop other games in the next few years and then maybe go back to the TR franchise in three years or so and plot a new story. Just my opinion.
    "It's good to see you again, Lara."
    I think we can all agree.

probably just before christmas 2011

The problem with raising the specs ( there are still alot of people that can't play it on their machines) is you cut out a lot of customers. I don't want them to pull a "Crysis" and need a super computer to run it at max. Graphics are more than lovely as is, they need to concentrate on game play maybe better more complex combat and solid stories now. They also need to give us better length and traps. I haven't got problem waiting 3 years between games if they end up being worth it. Quality over quantity any day!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    I think something like that too. Didn't know they were already working on it since 2005

I don't know if you noticed, but they are acting a lil bit like Core. ( not bad but just... dont know xD)
    Core did also every year a new game, so they didn't take a chance to make a new engine and stuff like that. And that was just too bad. ( But I loved it they were listening to the fans and didn't stop making the games )
    CD is acting like that too. Every year a game, but no new engine. It's not bad, because the graphics look awesome and stuff ( it's not like old stuff, what was with Core. They kept the 'bad' graphics.)
    But it's time for CD to follow the league, and keep upgrading the game.

I don't say they don't, but I don't want them to get stuck at one engine. That's just too bad.

Yeah i see what you mean about CD acting a bit like core at the moment by banging a new TR out every year but there is a difference. Core was one [small] team of developers, each time they would finish a TR Eidos would commission them to start working on a new one (When you think about it, to think up the stories and game play of TRs 1-5 in a year was quite amazing.) So they didn't have time to build a new engine until in between TRC and AOD and even then they needed more time.

Cd are going about it differently, although they are popping a game out every year, they only managed the development of Legend and the PS3/360/ PC versions of TRU; Whilst Buzz Monkey developed TRA and the Wii/ PS2 versions of TRU so each studio has had quite a good space of time really.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLarago View Post
    Graphics are more than lovely as is, they need to concentrate on game play maybe better more complex combat and solid stories now. They also need to give us better length and traps. I haven't got problem waiting 3 years between games if they end up being worth it. Quality over quantity any day!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree. The graphics of underworld were lovely but they aren't everything I'd much rather of had a slightly less stunnign version of the game with more gameplay/ gamelength issues resolved.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post

I agree. The graphics of underworld were lovely but they aren't everything I'd much rather of had a slightly less stunnign version of the game with more gameplay/ gamelength issues resolved.
    I've said the same thing concerning the graphics lovely but I'll also take game play over graphics any day. Length, puzzles, traps, combat, controls and then and only then graphics.