Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: NEW BSP website

NEW BSP website

Int3llig3nc3 posted this on the new forum today (he seems to have found a woround to solve his problem) and I hope he doesn't mind my copy and paste, I thought his solution may work for the others having difficulty....

"Browser incompatibility

Well after a while I managed to figure out the way to get on the new forum.
    Needless to say EIDOS delivered it's regular attitude so the amount of help I got despite asking for it is: NONE. Thanks for the web-management team for the ignorance.

Up till now I had no way to get on this new forum despite the fact I managed to get registered during the first days when it came live. I still don't understand what has changed since then. I tried 3 different machines some with XP some with Vista, different browsers and different ISPs - without success.

Today came the last idea - trying a kind of virgin install. Thanks to EIDOS I had a clean partition with only an XP on it and BS:M. (this dates back to 2008 when for 6 months BS:M was not working with the latest ATI drivers therefore I had to create a partition just for this title so I can play. long story...)
    So finally I installed all the latest patches and everything for XP+IE (for the record: the same way as I have it on my regular partition) and tried to site. And miracle happened. It works.

My conclusion is that the site code definitely has browser compatibility issues and perhaps also does not like certain plugins. Even on this new parition it does not work with Firefox version 3."

Hope this helps and thanks to Int3llig3nc3 for the info.

Originally Posted by barrybarfly
    Int3llig3nc3 posted this on the new forum today (he seems to have found a woround to solve his problem) and I hope he doesn't mind my copy and paste, I thought his solution may work for the others having difficulty....

"Browser incompatibility

Well after a while I managed to figure out the way to get on the new forum.
    Needless to say EIDOS delivered it's regular attitude so the amount of help I got despite asking for it is: NONE. Thanks for the web-management team for the ignorance.

Up till now I had no way to get on this new forum despite the fact I managed to get registered during the first days when it came live. I still don't understand what has changed since then. I tried 3 different machines some with XP some with Vista, different browsers and different ISPs - without success.

Today came the last idea - trying a kind of virgin install. Thanks to EIDOS I had a clean partition with only an XP on it and BS:M. (this dates back to 2008 when for 6 months BS:M was not working with the latest ATI drivers therefore I had to create a partition just for this title so I can play. long story...)
    So finally I installed all the latest patches and everything for XP+IE (for the record: the same way as I have it on my regular partition) and tried to site. And miracle happened. It works.

My conclusion is that the site code definitely has browser compatibility issues and perhaps also does not like certain plugins. Even on this new parition it does not work with Firefox version 3."

Hope this helps and thanks to Int3llig3nc3 for the info.
    wow i could've never got that far

Smile

lost me after the title....

Thanks for posting this up here. Good idea. At least we should keep helping each other

Barry: don't worry if you can't follow the ones who should listen will know how to understand it

Polar: persistence is key with EIDOS. Just as much I like the Battlestations as a game I hate EIDOS for their style and behavior. I really really hope somebody is going to buy out the DEV team from their incompetent hands...

Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    Thanks for posting this up here. Good idea. At least we should keep helping each other

Barry: don't worry if you can't follow the ones who should listen will know how to understand it

Polar: persistence is key with EIDOS. Just as much I like the Battlestations as a game I hate EIDOS for their style and behavior. I really really hope somebody is going to buy out the DEV team from their incompetent hands...
    EA or Ubisoft

they've been great companies

Page 3 of 3 First First 123