Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: In my opinion...

In my opinion...

  1. #1

    Question In my opinion...

    Vampires need to have their melee attack range reduced by at least 50%! Being able to spam the attack button to chase a Human down (even if they roll away) is just absurd. I understand that they need to close the distance, but each Vampire has a unique attack to get in on the enemy.

    There needs to be a limit on the classes/roles. I just went up against a Vampire team who went all Sentinel, and that was not fun. "Stay together as a team; watch the skies; learn to counter; etc" .... Yeah, you go up against a team full of Sentinels and tell me how that works out for you. Very annoying, I'm sure.

    I feel that Humans need to be buffed, but not entirely sure how that would work since they are ranged. Maybe a stronger melee attack? When there's a Vampire juking in your face, it's very difficult to hit. So, maybe not a stronger melee attack, but perhaps a melee attack that has knockback or a stun? I've also noticed that the Hunter's "Explosive Shot" does very little damage, even at point blank range. I see this being used a lot as a last resort to get a killing blow. Don't see it used for much else. Maybe a small buff is needed?

    I'm not trying to come off as a "whining baby" who wants an easier game. I enjoy this game, I really do, but many times, it can be one sided. These are simply a few suggestions, in my opinion, that could help the game balance out. I'll stay tuned, and I'll be sure to post more as I experience more.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    At the moment Vampires could be called overpowered, but it's mostly if both teams have inexperienced players. I've been many times in matches were the vampire team won by far both the rounds, but I've also recently played a couple of matches with almost only very good players, and they were very balanced.

    Just nerfing the melee attack can't solve anything, it would just make it impossible for vampires to win against good humans. The truth is playing as a human needs more skills, or at least more coordination. Before the patch rolled out a couple of weeks ago humans were really overpowered, when a good human team played it was just impossible to beat it; still, many new players said it was the vampires to be overpowered, and that's because playing well as a vampire is way easier than playing well a human. With an asymmetrical game like this I don't think it will be possible to completely change it.


    BTW, you counter Sentinels with a team sticking together and using Scouts and Hunters, dodging the grabs as much as you can and shooting them till they are forced to land or they die. Alchemists are pointless against Sentinels, so if you have even just one with you it can make things very hard, because it's almost a 3vs4.

    And, the cheapest thing you can do right now is having 4 scouts with mines camping in an open space. THAT'S not funny for the other players, trust me.

  3. #3
    I do feel sometimes that the vampires can be a bit strong, but the game does take a little time to get the idea about what to do. It took me a minute or two to figure out how to fly with the sentinel so I think I either missed something. Thought, if it wasn't just me, there could be something to help and tell people how to activate flight normally. Also, alchemist could probably have a little better track record with sentinels, but if you can get them on the ground the fire wall and bombs can do pretty well. I was worried that the tyrants might be more tough than they should be for balance sake. However, I realized that the fire wall and even, to a lesser extent, the explosive arrow can be used to do decent damage. I have to agree that the lunging melee hit for the vampires does make it pretty hard to avoid getting hit by them. Also, I don't have much issue with getting in close range without the lunge melee because of all the abilities the vampires have to pretty much slam into the middle of the humans and disrupt them.

    Oh, by the way, THIS GAME IS QUITE AWESOME!!! I can already tell that I'm gonna be playing this for hours. Kudos Square-Enix.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 2nd Feb 2014 at 23:31. Reason: Double posting

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,091
    Honestly, the vampires still need tweaking. Attacks almost always miss if the target is next to a wall or corner, haste reavers miss more often than not, and they need to let vampires have some kind of downward attack while falling. (ie, jumping of a building onto a human)
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    That's absolutely true cmstache, vampires need to be made both more vulnerable and more precise.

    Still, I don't see specific issues related to having 4 sentinels playing all together, not as long as the human team can class-whore in response. If I had to name a vampire class that gets really annoying when you face 4 at the time is the Tyrant (which will be thankfully nerfed soon), but luckily there are not many good Tyrant players and it doesn't happen often.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by NakedHyena
    Vampires need to have their melee attack range reduced by at least 50%! Being able to spam the attack button to chase a Human down (even if they roll away) is just absurd. I understand that they need to close the distance, but each Vampire has a unique attack to get in on the enemy.
    ^ This...

    Couldn't agree more - the range of the melee on Vampires should be reduced, or - the humans should be rendered invincible whilst the rolling animation plays (a bit like the roll in Dark Souls) - otherwise its pretty much useless to do it when you are being chased, another thing I'd suggest is to delay the vampire's attack if they are shot directly - this because most of the time once a vampire gets too close you are as good as dead...

    Not sure if you guys agree, but I do believe that the vampires are over powered a bit in this game, its not an awful difference - but it could be improved.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    Reducing the melee range so drastically would make it impossible to kill a human running away from you. And you should realize that if you are playing as a Human and end up alone with a vampire behind you the only possible outcome has to be that the vampire can hit you.

    Vampires can't shoot. Reducing their melee range at the point of being able to hit only standing targets would be ridiculous. You're looking at it from the perspective of a Human, but you should realize that as in some situation the Humans are meant to be in advantage (long distance) in others Vampires have to take the lead (close combat).


    If a vampire is fighting you the stupidest thing you can do is run, unless you know your teammates are just around the corner. Shoot the vampire, use your abilities, roll sideways to make him miss, and half the times you will kill him before he kills you.

  8. #8
    Once you start nerfing melee distance or having shots deter melee is that it (very quickly) allows good humans to be gods of short range encounters, as you can easily roll backwards, shoot, roll backwards, shoot... or even just walk backwards firing and keep pace with the vampire's forward melee momentum.

    Frustration at being "helpless" when a vampire gets close is understandable, but we chose to balance it towards vampires having the upper hand but humans having cooldown-based outs if they're alone (Bola, Knives, Sunlight Vial, etc.) facing a high HP vampire. We found the alternative was much more frustrating (vampires closing the gap and being unable to finish humans with melee)

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Once you start nerfing melee distance or having shots deter melee is that it (very quickly) allows good humans to be gods of short range encounters, as you can easily roll backwards, shoot, roll backwards, shoot... or even just walk backwards firing and keep pace with the vampire's forward melee momentum.

    Frustration at being "helpless" when a vampire gets close is understandable, but we chose to balance it towards vampires having the upper hand but humans having cooldown-based outs if they're alone (Bola, Knives, Sunlight Vial, etc.) facing a high HP vampire. We found the alternative was much more frustrating (vampires closing the gap and being unable to finish humans with melee)
    I understand that - but wouldn't it be better to make the roll render the player invincible for as long as the roll lasts BUT have a cooldown time for it to be performed again? This way humans get a chance to save themselves without taking advantage of this feature by "roll backwards, shoot, roll backwards, shoot... "...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    I don't want to sound mean, but if every time a vampire is close to you you die there are two possible explanations:
    1) your team sucks, and the vampire team is playing very well
    2) you suck at this game more than the vampire player getting on you

    I'm telling this because, I assure you, getting 1vs1 with a vampire doesn't mean you will always die, at all.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    I don't want to sound mean, but if every time a vampire is close to you you die there are two possible explanations:
    1) your team sucks, and the vampire team is playing very well
    2) you suck at this game more than the vampire player getting on you

    I'm telling this because, I assure you, getting 1vs1 with a vampire doesn't mean you will always die, at all.
    No offence taken, and agree a a bit with what you said... there have been many times when I was attacked and my team mates were just watching and not doing too much to stop it. I am not asking to make humans utterly invincible at close range, but give them at least some advantage to buy some time... at the moment it feels that once the vampires get too close, you are as good as dead.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    Originally Posted by soulrelic616
    at the moment it feels that once the vampires get too close, you are as good as dead.
    Trust me, you're not. Of course it depends a lot on the circumstances, but many times I got out alive from a 1vs1 against a vampire, also against very good vampire players.

    However some vampires are about to be slightly nerfed (tyrant's life is gonna be decreased, sentinel's abduct/kidnap abilities are being worked on to be less cheap etc.), and I'm not saying things are perfect as they are, but the swing range is just OK now, and certainly reducing it drastically would turn the things the other way very fast, making it almost impossible for vampires to do anything.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    Trust me, you're not. Of course it depends a lot on the circumstances, but many times I got out alive from a 1vs1 against a vampire, also against very good vampire players.

    However some vampires are about to be slightly nerfed (tyrant's life is gonna be decreased, sentinel's abduct/kidnap abilities are being worked on to be less cheap etc.), and I'm not saying things are perfect as they are, but the swing range is just OK now, and certainly reducing it drastically would turn the things the other way very fast, making it almost impossible for vampires to do anything.
    For those of us who aren't skilled at shooters, Vampire in Melee = Dead Human. It's VERY frustrating.

    No amount of talking on the forum is going to change that. It doesn't matter if the skilled people can do it. There is a significant skill gap needed between humans and vampires when it comes to getting a kill. Look through the forum, every new name you see complains about the Vampire dominance.

    Expect a tidal wave of gripes about it when the game goes to Beta.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Xelqypla
    For those of us who aren't skilled at shooters, Vampire in Melee = Dead Human. It's VERY frustrating.

    No amount of talking on the forum is going to change that. It doesn't matter if the skilled people can do it. There is a significant skill gap needed between humans and vampires when it comes to getting a kill. Look through the forum, every new name you see complains about the Vampire dominance.

    Expect a tidal wave of gripes about it when the game goes to Beta.

    I understand your frustration but then what would you propose? While your argument is valid , the counter-argument can also be made that if vampires get nerfed too much in favor of the more casual players , then in high level and competitive play teams will be steamrolling as humans.

    If a skilled human player can fight off a skilled vampire player in 1v1 adequately ( I am not implying that this is always the case at the moment) then the humans losing too much or being underpowered is simply an illusion created by those too lazy to put any effort into understanding how the game works. More to the point at hand though I agree that in terms of balance, as it stands, the vampires have an edge. That , however , is being adressed in the next patch and I believe that we should be seeing better balance between the two factions.

    I believe this has been said numerous times before but the game being in an Alpha stage means balancing still needs a lot of love and a lot of constructive feedback.
    Suppose you throw a coin enough times.Suppose one day, it lands on its edge...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    ^This.

    It's extremely hard to balance a game like this, because if you make something too easy for the "newbies" it will get unfair when you look at the "pros".


    There is a reason if Humans don't have auto-aim and Vampires do: it's called lag.

    Humans don't suffer from lag when they shoot, as the hit detection is on their side, not on that of the server. This means that when you see a vampire and shoot him you will hit him if your shot touches its mesh from your PCs perspective alone; if you're lagging the Vampire may have already moved away in his PC, but you're still gonna hit him.

    Vampires' melee is much more complicated to land if you and/or the Human player are lagging. Try playing with a ping of 200+ (i.e. go to the other region's servers) as a vampire and hitting a human in movement, it's close to impossible, especially with abilities like Leap. The reason is Vampires' hit take time to reach the Human mesh after they are ordered, and if you hit or not depends on where the Human is when you touch him, not on where he was when you pressed the mouse button.


    At the moment Vampires are slightly overpowered in high-ranked matches and are way easier to use for and against low-ranked players. The next patch will likely get both closer to balance, but, again - no offence meant to anyone - if you can't shoot in a shooting game it's not the game's fault.

  16. #16
    I think the intended solution to things like this is just to choose abilities and classes that best suit your skills as a player. If you're terrible at avoiding damage, choose abilities that will make that easier and if you're a poor shot like I am, choose abilities that add a spread or something to your weapon so that aiming doesn't matter much. (Actually, that gives me an idea for an arrow type that adjusts a few degrees towards the enemy).

    BTW, have you seen the thread where it explains that humans have a weak melee attack they can use?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Originally Posted by CoOkiedude
    I understand your frustration but then what would you propose? While your argument is valid , the counter-argument can also be made that if vampires get nerfed too much in favor of the more casual players , then in high level and competitive play teams will be steamrolling as humans.

    If a skilled human player can fight off a skilled vampire player in 1v1 adequately ( I am not implying that this is always the case at the moment) then the humans losing too much or being underpowered is simply an illusion created by those too lazy to put any effort into understanding how the game works. More to the point at hand though I agree that in terms of balance, as it stands, the vampires have an edge. That , however , is being adressed in the next patch and I believe that we should be seeing better balance between the two factions.

    I believe this has been said numerous times before but the game being in an Alpha stage means balancing still needs a lot of love and a lot of constructive feedback.
    I am pointing out that the difference in skill levels needed causes some serious frustration. Attempting to explain it away isn't going to suddenly end that frustration. The more people we get in this game, the more posts you will find of people complaining about Vampires.

    The next patch isn't going to help. The problem stems from the basic differences between the races. Vampires are faster, more mobile, and have a large hitbox. 2/3rds have a CC breaker+Defensive cooldown on the same button. Evasion and Ignore Pain are infinitely easier to use than Bola or Throw Knives. Vampires can't "miss" with their defensive cooldown. Melee doesn't have a reload time. Vampires can choose the area of an execution heal instead of finding the nearest shrine-wall to stare at.

    That's what a new/bad player sees.

    As for suggestions? I am still learning the game but, maybe I can offer a few to lower the frustration levels of new/bad players:

    1. Give Alchemist a rebalanced flamethrower as a basic attack option. Newbies won't kill themselves with balls of shame and aiming doesn't have to be as precise. It can do really low damage due to the close, non-suicidal AoE nature. Low damage up close, more damage towards the end of the flame?

    2. Instead of showing what/who killed you, show what kind of damage you did. Show both? Maybe a toggle? Sometimes I wonder if I did anything useful or if that life was a complete waste. If this already exists, maybe it should be the standard instead of what/who killed you. Seeing that you did 1000 points of damage across several vampires feels better than seeing you died to Choking Haze. Again.

    3. Change the LMB to Melee while reloading a weapon. I've been killed by quite a few near death vampires while reloading. I just recently heard melee was possible due to a forum post. It can interrupt the reloading and/or be a weaker version of the normal melee hit if it needs to.

    4. Increase the duration of Kidnap and Pounce, but allow humans to mash buttons to get out of it. Mashing buttons to get out = current Pounce and Kidnap durations. End result is that people feel like they are doing something instead of staring at their screen in frustration.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    1. Alchemist IS unbalanced, but that's a completely different story. More than one player - including top level players - pointed out the Alchemist at the moment is way worse than the other human classes. Just go Scout or Hunter if you want to achieve the better results, you don't really need Alchemists if you play well together.

    2. I personally think the window you get after you die is quite useful. I mean, you more or less know how much you did, cause you did it, but it can get hard to keep track of how many damages you received from different things. You can see the total damage you dealt in the score panel, and you can see how much life spared had the vampire that killed you. But, I mean, having a second "reversed" menu you can browse too with a click showing how much you did and how to the various enemies could be a cool idea.

    3. You have to see the downside of this: at the moment if you click with an empty clip you will automatically reload. If a second click would interrupt the reload it could get worse for those who don't know the game already, because they could end up wasting a lot of time trying in vain to shoot with an empty weapon, also preventing the reloading. A tutorial will be added to the game at some point. Once you know how to perform melee hits, this would just be counter-intuitive.

    4. This would completely defy the purpose of these abilities: they require humans to cooperate to be countered. As long as Kidnap and Pounce are going on the Vampire is incapable of attacking anyone else or protecting himself, and also has its movement completely negated (Pounce) or seriously reduces (Kidnap: no dodging, no dropping from flying). If a human could counter ALONE these abilities the result would be, once again, terrible at high-level matches.



    I think this whole issue starts from the feeling that Vampires are much more intuitive to use effectively than Humans; which, to an extent, is true. But the solution is just explaining to the new players how to play properly as Humans, not changing the game itself, because once you get into it, things pretty much work as they are now, and if you change them so that it's easier since the firs second it will necessarily become unfair once you get good.


    First: NEVER move alone or in couple towards the direction the Vampires are coming before they have already or are very close to reaching your group on the map. The result, if Vampire players are any good, is you, or the two of you, die, and let the other three or two Humans facing 4 vampires at once, which ALWAYS ends in a slaughter.

    Second: when Vampires attack avoid the area abilities (i.e. Chocking Haze) as much as you can, but always KEEP AN EYE on you comrades. This means, if a Vampire is attacking the other Humans don't just let them deal with him, shoot him as your first priority. With 3 or 4 humans shooting the same Vampire you will deal such a ridiculous amount of damage that in a matter of seconds he will die or be forced to flee as fast as he can. This in turns means when the next Vampire will get in, and maybe Pounce or Kidnap you, your team will be in the conditions of doing the same and getting rid of him. If you stay in group but every one of you shoots a different vampire it will be exactly like being on your own in a 1vs1, and that means that unless you are good as a Human you will die.

    Third: remember that being TOO close is just stupid. You can hit a range, as long as you see your comrades and are able to shoot their way you're good. If Vampires mass-attack on you that also means you won't all take many AoE hits one after the other.

    Fourth: if you end up in an avoidable 1vs1 with a Vampire, DON'T run and certainly DON'T TURN AWAY FROM HIM, unless you know the other Humans are just round the corner. Shoot him, your weapons deal an insane amount of damage on the close distance, and many of the Human's special abilities are conceived for close-encounters. That doesn't mean you will always survive, but you certainly have a chance to, even if you're not that good, and if you just have to die anyway it's always better to deal as much damage as possible, so that maybe the rest of your team will be in time to finish your killer before he feeds, when not to just save your life.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    1. Alchemist IS unbalanced, but that's a completely different story. More than one player - including top level players - pointed out the Alchemist at the moment is way worse than the other human classes. Just go Scout or Hunter if you want to achieve the better results, you don't really need Alchemists if you play well together.

    2. I personally think the window you get after you die is quite useful. I mean, you more or less know how much you did, cause you did it, but it can get hard to keep track of how many damages you received from different things. You can see the total damage you dealt in the score panel, and you can see how much life spared had the vampire that killed you. But, I mean, having a second "reversed" menu you can browse too with a click showing how much you did and how to the various enemies could be a cool idea.

    3. You have to see the downside of this: at the moment if you click with an empty clip you will automatically reload. If a second click would interrupt the reload it could get worse for those who don't know the game already, because they could end up wasting a lot of time trying in vain to shoot with an empty weapon, also preventing the reloading. A tutorial will be added to the game at some point. Once you know how to perform melee hits, this would just be counter-intuitive.

    4. This would completely defy the purpose of these abilities: they require humans to cooperate to be countered. As long as Kidnap and Pounce are going on the Vampire is incapable of attacking anyone else or protecting himself, and also has its movement completely negated (Pounce) or seriously reduces (Kidnap: no dodging, no dropping from flying). If a human could counter ALONE these abilities the result would be, once again, terrible at high-level matches.
    These aren't balance suggestions. These are suggestions to relieve some of the frustration. That frustration can be a big wall to new players. The Asymmetrical gameplay already gives people a negative view on Balance and many new players aren't going to stick around to learn how to play if their first few games are too frustrating.

    1. The point isn't to BALANCE the Alchemist. The point is to give New/Bad players something they don't have to aim well to hit with. Going Scout or Hunter still ends up with having to aim well to do anything.

    2. I died to the Vampire clawing my face. I can figure that much out as he takes up the whole screen in melee range. In all the action, it can be quite hard to tell if your skills did any damage. It can also be hard to tell if anything is buggy. How you died makes you feel like a failure. How you killed others makes you feel like a winner.

    3. Then don't interrupt the reload while using melee attacks. The interrupt suggestion is if it wasn't balanced. If need be, make the Melee do less damage while reloading instead of interrupting.

    4. This wouldn't change a thing. The times would end up EXACTLY the same as they are now. The change would be to add like 1 second to each and allow the Humans to mash buttons to take off that added 1 second. 1 second too long? Make it .25 of a second. The point is to make human players FEEL like they still have some control.

    Yes, I know all of that already. I do. I get it.

    Telling someone how to play doesn't magically make them awesome. Telling me to "Shoot the flying Sentinel" while I am playing a Scout doesn't make me auto-aim and hit him. I stopped playing Scout entirely because all I do is send flares showing my position.

    In short: You are talking about Balance. I am talking about reducing frustration.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    In that case, I'm afraid I really don't know how to help you.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,091
    Originally Posted by Xelqypla
    These aren't balance suggestions. These are suggestions to relieve some of the frustration. That frustration can be a big wall to new players. The Asymmetrical gameplay already gives people a negative view on Balance and many new players aren't going to stick around to learn how to play if their first few games are too frustrating.

    1. The point isn't to BALANCE the Alchemist. The point is to give New/Bad players something they don't have to aim well to hit with. Going Scout or Hunter still ends up with having to aim well to do anything.

    If you think you don't have to aim to use the alchemist then you aren't using it effectively. Enough said.

    2. I died to the Vampire clawing my face. I can figure that much out as he takes up the whole screen in melee range. In all the action, it can be quite hard to tell if your skills did any damage. It can also be hard to tell if anything is buggy. How you died makes you feel like a failure. How you killed others makes you feel like a winner.

    You should have spatial awareness, not to mention the numbers popping up. It may take time to develop this, but it's not necessary. This should be pretty low on the priority list. Just check you damage every time you die with the tab key.

    3. Then don't interrupt the reload while using melee attacks. The interrupt suggestion is if it wasn't balanced. If need be, make the Melee do less damage while reloading instead of interrupting.

    It's impossible to swing a weapon with two hands and reload. The human with one hand won't do enough to harm a vampire. That makes no sense. And the interrupt is good at higher level of play. It's pretty obvious you're reloading anyways. It even shows the character doing an animation.

    4. This wouldn't change a thing. The times would end up EXACTLY the same as they are now. The change would be to add like 1 second to each and allow the Humans to mash buttons to take off that added 1 second. 1 second too long? Make it .25 of a second. The point is to make human players FEEL like they still have some control.

    First, this isn't a button masher. By doing that you're opening the entire server up to encourage macroing too.

    Yes, I know all of that already. I do. I get it.

    Telling someone how to play doesn't magically make them awesome. Telling me to "Shoot the flying Sentinel" while I am playing a Scout doesn't make me auto-aim and hit him. I stopped playing Scout entirely because all I do is send flares showing my position.

    In short: You are talking about Balance. I am talking about reducing frustration.
    Frustration is GOING to happen anytime you play a new game. Anyone who expects to be awesome is going to be upset regardless. The game mechanics aren't bad here. Sure, it takes a few games, but there's no way the dev team can compensate for that. You just have to suck it up. It'll help once the VOIP works. The raidcall server is open to ANYONE too.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Cool.

    I'm tired of arguing against points that aren't really related to my suggestions. Take 'em or leave 'em.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,091
    The fact of the matter is that they are related. The point we are trying to make is that the developers can't cater to the newbies. They have a lot of stuff that helps them out already. Its one thing to ask for extra details, I would like healed damage to appear personally. And that wasn't a bad idea, its just not necessary and low priority. But, you can't change an entire class in a shooter because people cant aim.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24
    Originally Posted by cmstache
    The fact of the matter is that they are related. The point we are trying to make is that the developers can't cater to the newbies. They have a lot of stuff that helps them out already. Its one thing to ask for extra details, I would like healed damage to appear personally. And that wasn't a bad idea, its just not necessary and low priority. But, you can't change an entire class in a shooter because people cant aim.
    Giving the mid-range AoE class a mid-range AoE is changing an entire class? Heck, the skill is already in game. I am simply suggesting they nerf it and move it to the primary weapon slot.

    You don't like the ideas. Cool. I don't see why you feel the need to fight me on them.

    In a free to play game, you generally want all the players you can get. This includes the people who suck at the game. None of my suggestions should affect the skilled/metagame/whatever at all. If it somehow does, balance them.

    If you want to tell people what they are doing wrong, I'd highly suggest making a copy/paste .txt file on your desktop. Once this goes into beta and we get a large wave of players, you will get topic after topic after topic of people complaining about Vampire dominance. A FAQ sticky isn't going to help much. People coming to the forums to read are going to be put off by the sheer number of "nerf vampire" topics.

    I could be wrong and everyone will simply ignore the obvious skill gap needed between the races. Somehow, I highly doubt it.

    Ease up on the Newbies so they stick around long enough to buy crap. Or you can ignore them and hope they simply put up with being extra frustrated at the significant skill gap needed between Vampires and Humans. I want this game to be as fun as possible for as many people as possible, not just those at high skill levels. Generally, More people = more income = more updates.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,091
    It's a short-to-mid range class. And I was talking particularly about the aiming. It's true that while the game does put a twist on the genre, it's still a shooter. Complaining about suckign because you can't aim in a shooter is ridiculous at it's core. Get better at aiming, it takes practice.

    Most people don't start a game expecting to be good. They expect to have to work some to be competitive, and this is no different.


    And for the record, I am more than friendly to the newbies. Keep in mind, it wasn't that long ago that we were newbies. In fact, I started with the first batch of NA players, which is already a harder skill gap than the EU server. Not only that, but I started 3 weeks after the others. It took me over 10 games to score over 1000 damage.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tags for this Thread