Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 261

Thread: underworld for PS2 when?????

  1. #1

    Unhappy TRU PS2 version will be released 'in the New Year'.

    On Nov 11th SCi, the owner of Eidos released an Interim Management Statement in which they said that they have high expectations on the release of TRU, and that it will help them financially. the first sales numbers of TRU will be presented in January.
    but although the X360, PS3, PC, Wii and DS version will be released on Nov 18-21, the PS2 version will be released 'in the New Year'.

    Originally Posted by SCi
    Interim Management Statement


    SCi Entertainment Group plc, the holding Company of Eidos Interactive Limited, creator of some of the world's leading videogame properties including Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex, Championship Manager and Kane & Lynch, is publishing its Interim Management Statement for the period from 1 July 2008 to 11 November 2008, in accordance with the UK Listing Authority's Disclosure and Transparency Rules.


    The financial year has commenced in line with our expectations. As planned, no major products were launched in this period with the majority of revenues derived from the continued sell through of back catalogue titles and distribution of third party products.


    Tomb Raider: Underworld™ will be released to plan on 18 November in North America and 21 November in Europe on the major platforms of Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and PC Games for Windows. A PlayStation 2 version is also due for release in the New Year. The much anticipated eighth instalment in the Lara Croft franchise is the first to be led by development on current generation technology and is the first Christmas release since the year 2000. Despite the challenging economic environment we believe the game will perform to our expectations and we are pleased with the initial feedback. As we move through the launch of Tomb Raider: Underworld our level of working capital will increase, covered by our £25m committed debt facility, before decreasing as we receive income from the game.


    During this reported period Robert Brent joined the Company as Chief Financial Officer. Two Non-Executive Directors, Aaron Brown and Kevin Tsujihara, stood down from the Board.


    We shall be updating the market on trading in January when we will have information on the performance of Tomb Raider: Underworld. The Company's Annual General Meeting will be held at 12 noon on 2 December at the offices of KBC Peel Hunt Ltd, Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1PH.
    source: http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article...1110700158716H

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    So it is true. There have been rumours, fuelled no doubt by some shops giving out differing release dates for quite a while.

    Now that Sci have confirmed the PS2 version isn't available with all the other platforms, that is pretty rubbish. I wonder when it will be available? I hope a confirmed release date can be made soon. 'New Year' could mean any time in early 2009.


  3. #3
    And I told people not to worry about the rumours...

    *Sigh*

    I'm pretty upset now.

  4. #4
    Ouch, next year. That is certainly a big hit for those hoping to purchase the game on Ps2.

  5. #5
    Next year! that's like.. not his year!
    I feel bad for those who planned on buying the PS2 version..
    hang on you!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    And I told people not to worry about the rumours...

    *Sigh*

    I'm pretty upset now.
    awww! *huggles*
    nobody wanted to believe the rumours!
    i still don't get why is it only for PS2?
    Blonde Croft
    Oh Thats Lovely

  7. #7
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by blonde croft View Post
    awww! *huggles*
    nobody wanted to believe the rumours!
    i still don't get why is it only for PS2?
    Thanks. *huggles back*

    I'm wondering the same; why is it only for the PS2 version?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,530
    I have net connection troubles for a few days and this is the smoking crater I find upon my return to the forum.

    Thanks a bunch. I can't believe I had faith in you. And the official website STILL says the PS2 version is released on the 21st November. That's lame, really really lame

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,260
    YEAH! IN YOUR FACE! WHOOOOOOOO!
    i'm doing this cause the problem is...in the freaking place where i freaking live...games usually come a month later -.-
    (well thank god i'm gonna get the 360 version...)
    I spiked the tea.

  11. #11
    5 days before the launch... finally decide to let us know?
    Why now ? why not a few months earlier ?
    And even Eric Lindstrom just a few days ago said it will be dropping along side all the other systems on the same day.
    Sorry for my english ^^"

  12. #12
    Ah thats absolute garbage. D:
    I was waiting until christmas anyway because thats when Im getting xbox 360, but I know a lot of my friends are still going to be playing it on Ps2.

    I dont get why they would release it after the holiday season. It would be a great gift and will probably hurt them in their sales. Ps2 is still very popular in some countries
    • • ►SεεyouɩŋΛvɑloɳ !

  13. #13
    The least they could do was update the main website... ._.

    Not a wise move either JustMe.

  14. #14
    I don't get it. People wouldn't mind if the game were delayed for excessive bugs to be removed from the code - But when they do it people are all over them complaining. Were the PS2 version released any earlier than necessary, you could bet that it would be bug riddled, worse than the demo for next-gen systems was.

    The PS2 console isn't the newest console out there; and I think that TR:U will probably be the last TR game made for the PS2. The decision to make games for older consoles isn't a popular one - games are no longer coming out for the PS1, and games will eventually no longer come out for the PS2. It has to end sometime, and the time is sooner than many would like. It's fortunate for the PS2 raiders that they can get their hands on a game which had a major focus for next-gen systems - regardless of a couple of months wait.

  15. #15
    I knew it wouldn't be coming out on the original release date.

    Dec. 8th was the date last time I checked.

  16. #16
    That sucks.........

    Well thank goodness I am not buying the PS2 version. I feel bad for the those who were planning on getting that version.
    At least they are releasing it on PS2, they could have made it a PS3/XBOX/PC-only and 'force' us to upgrade, but that would have been totally unfair. Although I am afraid PS2 releases will eventually get pretty rare in the future......

    Stay strong people!
    signature image

  17. #17
    I think I'm gonna be sick! I know, I know...upgrade to a better system. Not right now in this economy. I'll have to wait but I do agree that it was really lame for the TR site to keep the release date with the others. It's a build up and let down.
    ~ Wherever you go, there you are ~

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ahphooey View Post
    I think I'm gonna be sick! I know, I know...upgrade to a better system. Not right now in this economy. I'll have to wait but I do agree that it was really lame for the TR site to keep the release date with the others. It's a build up and let down.
    There's always PC.


    Besides, they TR site may have kept it from us, but the GameStop website has had the Dec. date for TRU on PS2 since July. Could have checked there before now.


  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    There's always PC.
    Upgrading of a PC costs far more than any next gen console practically does. It's convenient if you have a PC that can run it, though.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    There's always PC.


    Besides, they TR site may have kept it from us, but the GameStop website has had the Dec. date for TRU on PS2 since July. Could have checked there before now.

    I checked Gamestop last night and their release date is now into January. Plus, I was reading a thread here last week where people were getting absolutely LIVID about stores (like Gamestop, EB games, Amazon, etc) not having the correct date for PS2. They were arguing that it would be released with the others and that stores don't know what they're talking about with all of the "next year" dates they are giving. I guess it's not far-fetched anymore, yeah?
    ~ Wherever you go, there you are ~

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Upgrading of a PC costs far more than any next gen console practically does. It's convenient if you have a PC that can run it, though.
    That's what I meant...

    Quote Originally Posted by ahphooey View Post
    I checked Gamestop last night and their release date is now into January. Plus, I was reading a thread here last week where people were getting absolutely LIVID about stores (like Gamestop, EB games, Amazon, etc) not having the correct date for PS2. They were arguing that it would be released with the others and that stores don't know what they're talking about with all of the "next year" dates they are giving. I guess it's not far-fetched anymore, yeah?
    Hmm, I think something may have happened in the development of the PS2 version. I can't think of any other reason as to why PS2 is taking longer than everyone else.

    Either development is slow or they are trying to perfect it.


  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by RG
    I don't get it. People wouldn't mind if the game were delayed for excessive bugs to be removed from the code - But when they do it people are all over them complaining. Were the PS2 version released any earlier than necessary, you could bet that it would be bug riddled, worse than the demo for next-gen systems was.
    Where did you read any of that? Because I've seen absolutely nothing as to why Eidos/Crystal have done what they've done.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    Where did you read any of that? Because I've seen absolutely nothing as to why Eidos/Crystal have done what they've done.
    Oh, so they would deliberately release a game late, just for kicks?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,530
    @RG
    You seriously expect me to believe that? A machine that's how many years old? And suddenly a game developed on it has loads of bugs, more so than the other versions on newer consoles that Crystal/Buzz Monkey are less well-versed on? I don't think so.

  25. #25
    Two different development teams. To my understanding:
    Buzz Monkey are working closely with Crystal Dynamics in making the PS2 and Wii versions of Tomb Raider Underworld.
    The PC/PS3/360 versions, which come out on November 18th (US), November 21st (Europe + Elsewhere), aren't being developed by Buzz Monkey, but by a team from Crystal Dynamics. (Nixxes Software?).

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •