Thread: Carriers?

Carriers?

Carriers?

I was wondering would carriers have arty on them? cause alot like in BS:M i would have a carrier battle with other carriers just shoot flak back at each other like when u run out of planes you can arty it would shoot like a DD but it would have the same damage as a DD if u shot but u can change to flak or arty i think that would be neat cause its very boring shooting flak at eachother like pirate fighting shoot side by side shooting flak for hours on end(Maybe if not getting bored fast)what im saying is what if u had the flak guns shoot arty i think it would be a great idea anyone else?
    Stand infront of bullets Your a sheild!!!!
    Sarcastly

Carriers started to sport DP guns after World War 2 started on both sides so I'm thinking they will include at least one carrier for both sides that have DP guns

I'm hoping for the Essex eventhough it was built in 1945

Originally Posted by SuperE
    Carriers started to sport DP guns after World War 2 started on both sides so I'm thinking they will include at least one carrier for both sides that have DP guns

I'm hoping for the Essex eventhough it was built in 1945
    yep essex

or the montana and super yamato which is even better

Originally Posted by Polarshark
    yep essex

or the montana and super yamato which is even better
    Only the Montana and Super Yamato were battleships, not carriers (Even though neither was ever built).

By the way. We have discussed this.
    Look here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65908

use the SEARCH! my friend. It's only one click away at any time.

The super yamato was built it was and still holds the record of being the WORLD'S BIGGEST BATTLE SHIP!!

Originally Posted by Waffen
    The super yamato was built it was and still holds the record of being the WORLD'S BIGGEST BATTLE SHIP!!
    the super yamato was never built, it was desighned tohav 6-9 20' guns but it never got off the drawing board

there was the yamato and it was the worlds largest battle ship and still is.

there was the yamato and it was the worlds largest battle ship and still is.
    yes but the BB you refered to never existed

The most powerful anti ship battleship planned, wasn't the Super yamato or Yamato classes. It was a US planned battleship, The Tillman that was ment to have 4 gun turrets, each mounting 6 pieces of 16" cannons. That gives it 24 gun barrage, more then two Iowas. But the design lacked badly Anti Aircraft armament and secondary armament would have been 7 pieces of 6" casket guns on both sides of the ship's center area.

If it would have been upgraded with anti aircraft armament and built... Yamato would have been fish food in surface engagement.

What really matters even more than gun count is AA throw weight. How many huge shells can your system throw into the air per minute? Most US destroyers had a higher AA throw weight than some other Navy's battleships despite having a seemingly lighter setup.

yea i've seen stuff like that it flew the shells out in seconds like it flew out of the cannons. But i want to know if we can use more then two carriers. Because at endgame midway the forces U.S. forces had 3 not 2 carreirs so why arnt we allowed to use 3 or more carreirs like the battle really had.

so why arnt we allowed to use 3 or more carreirs like the battle really had.
    Once you spend some time reading through the forum you'll find the answer. Given the limitations of the platform (XBOX360) the DEVs are facing some constraints as how many units can be used in a game at once.
    But I won't take away from you the enjoyment of discovering the details on your own. One hint: use the magic SEARCH function!

lol