Thread: 360 swan dive achievements problem

Red Face (Embarrassed) 360 swan dive achievements problem

I've completed Underworld but I only managed to get one swan dive achievement in Thailand, so now no matter how hard I try, I can't get the other two because they won't activate or something (I'm in the right locations but when I dive it doesn't do anything).

I've tried using the "revisit location" and auto-save for the Kraken room dive achievement and I also reloaded a auto-save so that I can play the Amanda's ship section again but both achievements won't unlock; can someone help?

Hopefully, someone else has encountered and found a solution for this problem.

Smile

Hey Lilhanhan,

It is important to dive from the exact spot described in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83716

Also, to get the Master Swan Diver achievement I think you should unlock the three of them in one story............

Well, try it and please tell if it worked!
    signature image

Thanks for the link, it's helped me a bit with the Med Sea dive location but now I'm worried that I can't get them because I've completed the game and it says that you have to do them all in the same adventure.

I'll try again and see if it works with my auto-saves again, but if not I guess I have to start a new game to see if it works there.

Why have they made this so awkward?

Yeah, same for the Speed Demon achievement. I got the first and last one, but I had no idea driving down that spiral in Valgrind was timed.........so I took my time there to get the treasures and stomp on some Thralls.........

So I missed the 2nd one in the adventure, just because I hadn't checked a walkthrough or achievements list before playing. The first Swan Diver I got by 'accident', in the huge Kraken room. I missed the other two. I guess I will play the story again (3rd time, played the 2nd time on my brother's account o_O) to get them!

Do you know if replaying storymode resets all treasures and relics? I was wondering about that.....
    signature image

I'm not sure but I think all your treasure is saved on the separate treasure mode save file, so I don't think you can overwrite them when starting a new game; I'm not 100% sure about this so I'm not responsible if something goes wrong.

I got Swan Dive I in Thailand because I was exploring and thought it would be cool to dive into the sea and forgot to do the other two, so now I'm trying to get them again in a new game (I hope it works).

Oh, and the same applies for the Speed demon achievements!?! Aww man! That's two problems now...

At least we can tackle this issue together,eh? ^.^;

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    I'm not sure but I think all your treasure is saved on the separate treasure mode save file, so I don't think you can overwrite them when starting a new game; I'm not 100% sure about this so I'm not responsible if something goes wrong.

I got Swan Dive I in Thailand because I was exploring and thought it would be cool to dive into the sea and forgot to do the other two, so now I'm trying to get them again in a new game (I hope it works).

Oh, and the same applies for the Speed demon achievements!?! Aww man! That's two problems now...

At least we can tackle this issue together,eh? ^.^;
    Yup!

At least I got the Roadkiller and Grenadier ones, and some others......Don't know exactly, but I got quite a lot of achievements during the first playthrough.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    At least I got the Roadkiller and Grenadier ones, and some others......Don't know exactly, but I got quite a lot of achievements during the first playthrough.
    Same here, I got 200 gamer points for just completing the game. O.O

I think it's because I managed to complete it and also I did it on the hardest setting, so that was a easy way to boost my gamer score. ^.^;

The "Road killer" achievement was funny, a panther jumped in front of me while I was racing towards the timed tomb; me and my mum just burst out laughing because the incident happened so fast, it was so random!

Yeah, I ran a few over on my way to the gate.

The easiest way is to make circles and kill them that way. It is very funny to use it on the Thralls, they explode

Same here, I got 200 gamer points for just completing the game. O.O

I think it's because I managed to complete it and also I did it on the hardest setting, so that was a easy way to boost my gamer score. ^.^;

The "Road killer" achievement was funny, a panther jumped in front of me while I was racing towards the timed tomb; me and my mum just burst out laughing because the incident happened so fast, it was so random!
    signature image

Yeah, I ran a few over on my way to the gate.

The easiest way is to make circles and kill them that way. It is very funny to use it on the Thralls, they explode
    I loved running over the Thralls, well apart from the ones which I missed and they managed to spit on me while I was stuck between a rock and a wall.

By the way, do you know if I can get the second grenade achievement were you kill 3 enemies on the treasure collecting mode or do I also have to start a new game for that one too?

I loved running over the Thralls, well apart from the ones which I missed and they managed to spit on me while I was stuck between a rock and a wall.

By the way, do you know if I can get the second grenade achievement were you kill 3 enemies on the treasure collecting mode or do I also have to start a new game for that one too?
    Hmm, don't know about that one......I would try to get it in a reloaded savegame if i were you. It's probably the best way to get a lot of enemies to kill, I think there aren't that much enemies in the Treasure Hunt mode. Well, there shouldn't be any, but that's not the case in my version of the game.......
    signature image

Hmm, don't know about that one......I would try to get it in a reloaded savegame if i were you. It's probably the best way to get a lot of enemies to kill, I think there aren't that much enemies in the Treasure Hunt mode. Well, there shouldn't be any, but that's not the case in my version of the game.......
    I'll try to reload an auto-save to see if that works.

I'm the same, there's a lot of panthers and spiders which I've either miss or they've come back alive especially for treasure hunt mode. ^.^;

I do apologise for the double post, but I've started a new game and tried to do them in the auto-saves again but I still can't earn the swan dive achievements, it seems that I'm now stuck with this issue. At least it was worth a try.

Ah well, I can live without them but it's still a shame that I can't get them to work...

Thanks for trying to help L2R, I really appreciate it.

No problem!

So you did get the Swan Diver I, II and III, but not the Master achievement?

I think it won't work in the autosaves......

Only option left is to replay Story Mode and see what happens. The Master Speed Demon issue is a bug I think, it is mentioned in the bug-list.
    signature image

Nope I've still only got Swan Dive I, so it must be a bug as well.

But it's okay I can live without them; it would have been nice to get them, but what can you do? ^.^;

Did you dive off the right places to get II and III? Cause I know I got I (Kraken) and II (Thailand). I tried the one from the ship but it didn't work.

Weird......I know, I want those 1000 points too!

signature image

Yep, I've checked so many guides and videos to see if I've done it right, I've lost count.

*Sigh*

Lara just doesn't want me to achieve them for some reason...

Sorry for the double post (again ) but I've managed to get the achievements!

I was searching a 360 achievement site and found out that a few people there had the same problem, after reading a thread about it I saw that a member found a solution which goes like this -

Load the auto save "The Norse Connection" and do both Kraken room and Amanda's ship dives.

*If you did the Thailand dive first and got "Swan Dive I" there, the dive in the Kraken room won't make the achievement message pop-up (this happened to me), but do it anyway just to make sure you've done all the dives in one go*

Any of the dives that you've missed and couldn't gain after completing the game should work now, and if you did the Thailand one first just do it again to get "Master Swan Diver" achievement.

Hopefully this will help anyone else who as encountered the same problem.

Hey thanks! I will try it again right now! Hehehe

So I have to play the Norse Connection and then continue all the way to the Ship Level? Or can I just dive off the Kraken room and reload the Ship level right after that.............I guess not......

[off-topic] What's your gamertag? Mine is the same as my username here [/off-topic]
    signature image

Hey thanks! I will try it again right now! Hehehe

So I have to play the Norse Connection and then continue all the way to the Ship Level? Or can I just dive off the Kraken room and reload the Ship level right after that.............I guess not......
    Play from "The Norse Connection" and continue through the levels like it's your first time playing the game (so no reloading); also make sure you dive in Thailand as well to get the final Swan Dive achievement!

I don't have a gamertag (well I do but...), I haven't got a Ethernet cable yet so I don't have xbox live (I bought a HDMI cable instead). ^.^;

I have decided to restart Story Mode. It's much more fun with the beautiful music and to solve the puzzles along the way! Besides, the Relics and Treasures that you have already collected remain in your inventory, yay!!

Okay, so I did the Kraken one: no achievement (wasn't surprised cause I already got that one), did the Ship one: no achievement ( tried like 5 times from different white boxes.... ), did the Thailand one: no achievement (I guess I already have that one too).

So still no Master Swan Diver achievement!!!!!!!!
    signature image

I have decided to restart Story Mode. It's much more fun with the beautiful music and to solve the puzzles along the way! Besides, the Relics and Treasures that you have already collected remain in your inventory, yay!!

Okay, so I did the Kraken one: no achievement (wasn't surprised cause I already got that one), did the Ship one: no achievement ( tried like 5 times from different white boxes.... ), did the Thailand one: no achievement (I guess I already have that one too).

So still no Master Swan Diver achievement!!!!!!!!

Did you use the auto-save or the new game? I know it says you started a new game but I don't know if you've did the dives there instead...

It may only work if you use the auto-save because I think it remembers the other achievements you've earned unlike the new game (I may be wrong though).

Hello everyone,

maybe you guys can help me! I have a huge problem with this swan diver achievement. I didn't get it either for the first time, so I started a new game, to beat it in Master Survivor mode. (To get an other achievement) I thought I will get the master swan diver, because it was a brand new game.

The next thing happened: all my autosave files overwrited!! I can't reload my very first game anymore! It's very frustrating, because this is the last one and I simply can't get it. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

More than a month passed.. Still no idea?

I am trying this on Xbox 360. This is my first play through ( I know!) and I got the first two swan dive acheivements. In the same session (about 4 hours i think!) I went for the third and it didn't register. The only thing I can think of is that I manually saved in between the 2nd and 3rd on a different game slot. This made the game think it was a different play through and so didn't register the acheivement. What a PITA! Can anyone confirm this is what happened? I need to be careful I don't muck up the speed demon ones the same way.
    signature image