Thread: TR Diary...

TR Diary...

I was just thinking...why can't we tell our favourite TR moments in this thread...? it can be from any game...and it can be anything...a funny glitch a stunning place or whatever you want maybe your favourite cutscene and how you feel about it...It's just a thought but...

Well my favourite moments were...
    well when i first went to the med level in TRU...I was like: WOW!!! AND I'M GONNA DIVE DOWN THERE AND LOOK AT THE WATER!!
    And in Thailand...I was like that ~~> cause the entire place was beautiful...and when you could see the temple from afar...

oh and when I forgot my bike in Mexico in the beggining of the level i was running around saying "Oh bike! where are you my little baby oh were?" My mom said: ...what are you doing?

Oh and in the midgard serpent I kept saying "Xibalba,Xibalba,Xibalba,Xibalba,Xibalba,Xibalba" ( ) and a spider jumped on me I screamed

God, that was long...i got more favourite moments

So why don't you guys/girls...tell us some of your favourite moments?
    I spiked the tea.

In Tomb Raider II, at the end of the Venice level. I loved that bit.

I'd gone around on the lower level in the first boat, then up on the higher level with the second boat, killing all the enemies, finding the secrets, etc. when I came to the end of the level. I figured out that you needed to clear the mines away (genius, me ), and thought it was pretty awesome how to do that. Couldn't then figure out how to raise the first boat up to the higher level; That one took me a while.

TR2 had some damn good moments like that, for me, anyway.

Definitely TR1...
    the first encounter with the wolves
    the whole Lost Valley terrific level
    the "elevator ride" after Peru and the swan dive and bike chase after Egypt

well my fave moments would have to be in tr legend when lara went to japan and the bike chase in peru the end of legend and in tru the mediteranin it was so life like and the scenery in the second level thiland i thimk im almost done im in the room where u have to climb up 3 towers to collect 3 gems in thiland

Unhappy

Anyone else that wants to share his/her favourite moments?
    I spiked the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    In Tomb Raider II, at the end of the Venice level. I loved that bit.

I'd gone around on the lower level in the first boat, then up on the higher level with the second boat, killing all the enemies, finding the secrets, etc. when I came to the end of the level. I figured out that you needed to clear the mines away (genius, me ), and thought it was pretty awesome how to do that. Couldn't then figure out how to raise the first boat up to the higher level; That one took me a while.

TR2 had some damn good moments like that, for me, anyway.
    Venice is my all time favourite level and my greatest moment is almost like yours; but were you knew about the mines, I got a bit too excited about going through the timed doors and forgot all about them.

I can never forget the moment I thought I completed the level and then to see Lara blowing up in a million pieces, it was just shocking and strangely amazing to see. I just froze and stirred at the T.V with disbelief for at least 10 minutes.

Well, the only one I can think of is in peru trl. That puzzle with the cool purple/ yellow bem of lights just had me looking at it for awhile. Oh and ST. Francis Folley trae. That level is sooo cool!

I remember when I got the demo of TRL. It was awesome and I asked my brother: what is unknown for light? he laughed and told me that I'm worst then Homer Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    Venice is my all time favourite level and my greatest moment is almost like yours; but were you knew about the mines, I got a bit too excited about going through the timed doors and forgot all about them.

I can never forget the moment I thought I completed the level and then to see Lara blowing up in a million pieces, it was just shocking and strangely amazing to see. I just froze and stirred at the T.V with disbelief for at least 10 minutes.

Well, I think I blew Lara up into the mines in one of my early attempts. I was too slow to get to the door, and figured I'd be best to try and get past the mines to see if I could - didn't work. (ka-boom!).
    Then tried to figure out how to blow up the mines, had a cool idea and that one worked, so it was awesome. It left me without a boat on the top level, though, and so I had to figure out where to get the next boat from. (I'd assumed the switch only needed to be pressed once. )

Nice idea!!

I will start with TRU, cause that's still fresh in my memory
    - Med Sea: I looked around and the first thing I thought was: There is nothing but water here! It really felt like I was there! Well, then I dove down and was swimming deeper and deeper and eventually a whole underwater world appeared out of nowhere, which was really amazing. And of course the big Kraken room, wow!
    - Thailand: The whole level was overwhelming really, so so beautiful! The Naga, they just kept coming down the walls! The moveable bridge was so cool, epic music to go with it.
    - Mexico: First encounter with the crabspiders..........you should have seen how fast I got back on that bike!
    - Jan Mayen: In one of those rooms with the weights that go up and down, one crabspider was sitting right under one of the weights, but they weren't moving yet. So I quickly went to pull the block out to make them move, and the spider kept sitting there! So I was waiting and saying: Yeah you ugly piece of , just keep sitting there, don't ya move..... And guess what? It got squished!

TRA
    - It was quite a shock that I could actually start the Caves level outside! I could finally press that button to open the door myself, which Lara had to do herself in the classic one.
    - Lost Valley: I was crawling under a rock and suddenly a bear was staring at me from the other side........
    The dino cutscene was amazing.
    - St. Francis' Folly: Great level, just like the original one.
    - Fire room in Midas' Palace
    - First mummy encounter cutscene:
    - Awful jumps in The Great Pyramid:

Classics following soon........
    signature image

Oh why do my threads just "die" so easily?
    I spiked the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Don't worry it happens to everybody; I'm sure a few more members will share their TR moments soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    Don't worry it happens to everybody; I'm sure a few more members will share their TR moments soon.
    I hope so
    I spiked the tea.

Mr Croft's Diary will be up soon.
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

I was playing tomb raider 2 and was at barkhang monastary on the bit where you are on the statue, I don't know what I did but somehow I managed to pull off a swan dive and fall a long way and break my neck lol

Thailand in TRU was a really wow-moment
    And almost the hole TRL game was a wow for me

Quote Originally Posted by aLadyMayCry View Post
    Thailand in TRU was a really wow-moment
    And almost the hole TRL game was a wow for me
    I agree. I thought every part of Thailand was beautiful. I would look all around me

my all time fav moment in TR has to be the scene in TR1 with lara and natla at the end of atlantis and i also like how you can grab the scion unlike TRA

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Well, I am thinking of recording a video of me talking about TR2 Diary, my first Tomb Raider game. I'll upload it on YouTube and then post the link here.
    Mr Croft's Appearance - World Premiere!
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Please JustMe... don't say that. I have a very sensitive emotion. You made me cry already.

My favorite Tomb Raider moment is when I finally get to see the Shiva statue in Temple Ruins from TR3, animated right in front of my very eyes. I heard so much about the six-armed, schmitar-weilding monstrosity from my sister who played that game before me... but being a kid and ... dumb ... back then, I wasn't able to play until that part. It took me three years to complete just the first level, and then one year to finally be able to witness the Shiva statue come to life. WOW!!! Impressive! It was a dream come true.

***Your spider jumping episode made me like !
    A refrigerator- when you open the door, the light goes on, but when you close the door, the light goes off... or does it?

Killing willard in tomb raider 3, then forgetting to save it and of course I'm climbing back up and then i slip, drop down and die, then having to do it all over again :\