Thread: What Gamepad for PC ?

Exclamation What Gamepad for PC ?

Could you please tell me if you know what kind of Gamepad can I use for Tomb Raider: Underworld for PC that when I use, I won't need the keyboard ?? I saw in the notebook, XBOX 360 Controller for Windows, is it enough?? I'm sorry if this was not the right place to put this thread, thank you

All the recent Tomb Raider games including Underworld have Xbox 360 pad options in there by default, mapping the buttons automatically (and they even support rumble).

So yes, in answer to your question, the 360 pad is your weapon of choice when it comes to PC Tomb Raider.

Thank you so much.

The 360 controller is a very nice gamepad, especially compared to some of the other gamepads, but you will be able to get by with any controller with two analog sticks (I'll assume any gamepad with 2 analog sticks will have enough buttons to play the game with. Vast majority would, anyway.).

my friend bought a gamepad with analog sticks and still needed to use the keyboard. Is this one like the XBOX 360 ? because its much cheaper and looks the same
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/292&cl=us,en

It should work with most gamepads, you need to go into the 'gamepad' submenu in options to enable the controller. I cannot see a reason why that gamepad would not work.

Thumbs Up

Thank you so much. It really worked and I dont need to use the keyboard. I got the XBOX 360 gamepad

I'm using a Sony analog PS2 gamepad via a USB adaptor and it all works perfectly apart from the motorbike ignores the forward and backward of the joystick. 'W' and 'S' still work on the keyboard to drive the bike, but it's damned annoying that they could've screwed up something so simple, especially when the joystick will turn left or right.

Sort it out, Eidos!

Regards

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_a View Post
    I'm using a Sony analog PS2 gamepad via a USB adaptor and it all works perfectly apart from the motorbike ignores the forward and backward of the joystick. 'W' and 'S' still work on the keyboard to drive the bike, but it's damned annoying that they could've screwed up something so simple, especially when the joystick will turn left or right.

Sort it out, Eidos!

Regards

Mark
    The console controls for the bike are L2 and R2 (on the 360 pad, anyway)... .. it's not "screwed up", it's just not how you liked it.
    I prefer the accelerate/brake this way over the left analog stick forward/back, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    The console controls for the bike are L2 and R2 (on the 360 pad, anyway)... .. it's not "screwed up", it's just not how you liked it.
    I prefer the accelerate/brake this way over the left analog stick forward/back, TBH.
    Nope, the shoulder buttons on the PS2 pad are just as ignored as the left joystick up and down is when on the bike. Seems like Crystal Dynamics decided to be only 100% compatable with a 360 pad, and no one else's. Dunno why.

Regards

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_a View Post
    Nope, the shoulder buttons on the PS2 pad are just as ignored as the left joystick up and down is when on the bike. Seems like Crystal Dynamics decided to be only 100% compatable with a 360 pad, and no one else's. Dunno why.
    Though, a quick experiment does show you're half-right. You can go into the pad configuration and select the shoulder buttons to represent forward and backward for the bike, overwriting the keyboard 'W' and 'S' for the bike settings.

Cheers for that, even if it's not quite what I wanted, at least it gets around the failing of the pad driver to work as it's supposed to.

Regards

Mark