12 new pics at IGN

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

12 new pics at IGN

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...c&subj=6202478

OMG!!

Just a taste:

Me love you long time!

very good graphics!!
    specially the pic of the sinking CA looks awsome!
    -=)CSF(=-Haruna

Great screens and graphics

The first turret of the sinking CA looks like it's hovering in mid air though.

Pics do look awsome but I suspect they're probably 'enhanced'. Can't complain about the level of detail on the models though, far more life-like than BSM.
    The sinkings look much improved too but still a little too clean- needs some debris. Does look like theres an oil slick coming from the sinking CA though.

The CA turret B is turret and its raised so its not floating. I'm not sure where A turret has gone.

Originally Posted by Comm. Codey
    Great screens and graphics

The first turret of the sinking CA looks like it's hovering in mid air though.
    It looks like teh layout of this ship in teh distance. Her 2nd gun (total 4) is elevated. You just can't see the platform because of teh shadow. I double checked using Photoshop Elements to make sure.

Originally Posted by lardassmonkey
    The CA turret B turret and its raised so its no floating. I'm not sure where A turret has gone.
    My bet is Davy Jone's locker

Remember the guns are only held down on teh ship by gravity.

Check out time 6:06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbz6Oa5PQuA

Yeah probably- I hope turrets falling off is in the game.

I've only just realised the US BB is a South Dakota class ( I think). Looks very nice.

extremely beautiful

I dunno if my computer can run this. >.>

Originally Posted by Arrow
    After this last group of pics, I am wondering that myself.

we're on the same boat

I've read so much from you guys about wanting more and more detail and killer graphics, floating debris, men in life boats, etc. etc. Well.......looks like you might get your wish, so if you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler.

Looks like the graghics are pretty damn good, glad i invested in a new graghics card a while ago.

Glad I have a new computer, this game looks amazing!

Sweet!! the graphics and gameplay looks awesome, I like the one where the japanese cruiser is snapped at the front.

So are you guys absolutely sure you'll never do a realistic sim game? Even a sim with lots of arcade options? You've got a clean engine for it.

everything looks more beautifull then BSM :O
    great work!

maybe a small note about the sailors,
    if you look to the second turret counting from the left, you can see a sailor thinking everything's still fine...not feared of death maybe??

Wellh, with confidence i can say my PC will run it, after the recent upgrade to 8 gigs of DDR3.. But i can see the spec requirements are damn high to play it at maximum settings..
    I wonder when they're gonna release info about the recommended PC specs, im having second thoughts about my Processor though.

*edit* Wait what... Is it just me or is the CV that the TBF Avenger is attacking, the HIJMS Shinano? to me the profile doesn't fit kaga, Akagi, Shokaku or kaga...

It looks like the Akagi model to me. The Akagi model from the game looks different than in real life for some reason. Most notably, the flight deck covers the entire ship in the in-game model, but it doesn't in the picture seen here.
    Click here (image too big)

Actually my opinion is that the game should focus more on game-playable than graphics itself. More fantastic graphics are fine, but who care those images during an exciting game? I would trade in better graphics with skirmish mode and random start positions. When will the game come out? cross fingers.

Been following BS:P for a while now and it's definitely shaping up to be a huge improvement over BS:M, that's for sure. Although, I do agree that the upgraded visuals are jaw-dropping, it's unfortunate that some of the older models and textures from BS:M weren't given a face-lift to bring them to the LOD of the new units.

*I'm pretty sure the CV in that screne is Unryu which had structural characteristics of both Soryu and Hiryu; she and her sisters were based on their design after all.

Arrow the Akagi in game is post her 1930's conversion (full flight deck), that picture is her original carrier design.

Originally Posted by W4lt3r89

*edit* Wait what... Is it just me or is the CV that the TBF Avenger is attacking, the HIJMS Shinano? to me the profile doesn't fit kaga, Akagi, Shokaku or kaga...
    nah its the soryu easily

AWESOME! that wants me to have this game even more niow thanks ot this pics. IM so going to pre order a copy. And i know it will run for me because im getting it got the 360.

The question for 360 owners is not will the game play for you but will the 360 let you play..

Originally Posted by W4lt3r89
    Wellh, with confidence i can say my PC will run it, after the recent upgrade to 8 gigs of DDR3.. But i can see the spec requirements are damn high to play it at maximum settings..
    I wonder when they're gonna release info about the recommended PC specs, im having second thoughts about my Processor though.

Geeez. What kind of config requires 8GB of DDR3 RAM? Are you doing film editing? Even with Vista 4GB is far more than enough for any gaming rig.

What people often ignore is that what matters in performance for gaming is the weakest part of the config. Motherboard+Processor+Videocard+Memory has to be optimized.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    The question for 360 owners is not will the game play for you but will the 360 let you play..

i was gonna buy the 360

and i researched it
    -red rings of death
    -overheating
    -360 dies on you

and something about 360 scratching discs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last