Thread: PC-Patch 1.1 didn't work for me... What about anyone else???

Thumbs Down PC-Patch 1.1 didn't work for me... What about anyone else???

Ok so I would first like to thank Edios for making an attempt to patch TRU. I have a thread going on Nvidia's forums to see what they are doing, but still not even a peep....

I loaded the patch, re-started my laptop and fired up the game. Company Logo's and game menu's opens fine. When I "start new game", the exploding house video plays, then the fade into loading screen stutters and after 5-20 minutes(don't know, never waited around to see how long it took) the game starts. Everything looks great, but the game stutters every 3 to 5 seconds. Standing still or moving, I can see the fire in the distance stuttering. And if I am in between stutters, I am able to run past the first corner past the fire with no problems(smooth game play). So I still don't know

I am going to try a few things like;
    1. reinstalling TRU
    2. re-patching the fresh install
    3. downloading a Nvidia driver remover
    4. trying a few different Forceware versions

I don't think any of this is going to work, but starting from a fresh install can make all the difference and if Edios took the time to published a patch, we should try to do everything we can to see if it will work...

If this patch worked for anyone else, please chime in and tell us how you got it to work and what you did....

If this patch DIDN'T work, lets start getting another count...

How come we can't do Poles on this form, it would be a lot easier...

Thumbs Down Didn't work #1

Oh, by the way.... I'm #1

Wow, that way a bloody big anti-climax.........

The patch didn't work for me either. Kudos to Eidos for giving it a go, but the really long load time and freezing/stuttering/unplayability are unchanged. I hope Nvidia can come through with a driver update that will sort this out. I'm using a 7900 GTX btw.

Wink

I don't know if the patch was meant to help graphics performance or address some game 'sitatuations' people could get into if they didn't use any save files.

A 7900 -- I think that was close the card I had -- maybe its a bit better (I had an Nvidia Quadro FX 4500) w/512MB. The game was completely unplayable, but I had a warning
    with TR:L -- "next generation" content on TRL had problems with slow frame rates and lots of longish pauses. I was surprised TRA ran better than TRL -- but it did -- but this time around -- as soon as I looked at the demo, I realized I was hosed.

To play it with a 7900, you'd like have to turn off visual extras -- maybe downgrade resolution.
    I dunno. I'm no graphics card expert nor TR expert, just my experiences...

Sorry you're having it rough -- took me nearly a month before I got a new video card and got it to work (picked up a GTX260)...wasn't top of the line, but sufficient with only occasional pauses (~1 second), but normal frame rates in the 50-70's with everything turned on (16xQ anti-aliasing, 1920x1600 res...). It does ok. But I hear the fans kick in due to heat build up more often -- especially during outdoor scenes where there is alot to render.

Good luck...

Long loading times, would that be down to a poor cpu?

Mine starts as soon as the writing finishes, so that part is not the game.

Underworld doesn't stutter for me but i know how irritating it is, gears of war on my comp. stutters really bad i uninstalled it because it got me so annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by pleomax View Post

Mine starts as soon as the writing finishes, so that part is not the game.

Underworld doesn't stutter for me but i know how irritating it is, gears of war on my comp. stutters really bad i uninstalled it because it got me so annoyed.
    Well I have a older cpu, it a P4 3.4 Ghz w/ HT

Mine starts to stutter right when the writing fades in. I can tell its stuttering cuz the that ring in the back ground starts to turn smoothly for about 3 sec. then starts to stutter. also the fade in, isn't smooth.

after a some time, I don't know, cuz I never timed it, the game begins and it looks good but it stutters ever 3-5 sec. its pretty annoying....

Are you on a laptop or desktop??? Im on a laptop and I believe the majority of people with this problem are on laptops. We make the minimum requirements but due to the laptops hardware being so different from desktop, we are having these issues. I think there can be a fix, its just which company is going to allow the manpower to address the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pleomax View Post
    I think the Shader thing slows it down. (Precaching of the shader).
    See here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83465
    Manages to speed up loading times by changing a registry key...