Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC-Patch released!

Second Patch = higher sales of the game!

Please take a second amendment to the game and remove the errors of the game, and certainly increase the sale of games but some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    The only save you can overwrite is one that you have manually saved before (not auto saves). I find that the delete saves option doesn't work. I select one to delete and get a "delete failed" every time.
    I think it's annoying. If I'm not allowed to save over auto-saves, don't have them showing up in the save game slots. Only show them in the load game list. That's how I look at it anyway.

Buuuut. The game just crashed on me again after I saved, so I'm back where I started pretty much. It's such a shame the game's so buggy, I really think it's a good game aside from that :x

Cannot Bind The Goddamn Mouse Buttons!

Ok.. tho I cannot understand how it happens that such big title like tomb raider ends up with such amateurish bugs. Its just ridiculous.. OK.. let it be.. I'm closing my eyes.

BUT THIS is too much. I'm checking for the patch.. I'm reading description. I'm expecting this petty problem to be solved and apparantly it is. After installing the patch I'm vigorously going in to controls setting only to find out that I still cannot bind my F** BUTTONS.

(The patch installed correctly which i doublechecked and I'm using the UK dvd version)

Maybe my mouse is broken??? (It's almost new Logitech G5)

I'm expecting someone competent from the company to adress this issue ASAP.

FFS.. Its unimaginable that you cannot normally bind your buttons. I would never expect to bothered by such issue especially in such famous next gen title.

I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that a new patch hasn't even been announced or anything since people have started to report that the one released so far doesn't solve a greater (or perhaps heavier weighing) part of the problems experienced.

I have every game in the series and I have to say that aside from the very first game, the last three (Legend, Anniversary and Underworld) are the only ones I find worth playing more then once. And I desperately want to do just that with Underworld - play it again. But all the bugs and annoyances really stop me from doing so. It really seems as though the game wasn't play-tested or all of the bugs and such were just passed off as things that people will just have to live with. I waited a long time for this game but would have waited a little longer if it meant playing the game without all the camera annoyances and crashes and whatnot.

I find it a real shame and I hope a new patch will be announced and released soon so that I may go back and re-explore this gorgeous game!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpiral View Post
    I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that a new patch hasn't even been announced or anything since people have started to report that the one released so far doesn't solve a greater (or perhaps heavier weighing) part of the problems experienced.

I have every game in the series and I have to say that aside from the very first game, the last three (Legend, Anniversary and Underworld) are the only ones I find worth playing more then once. And I desperately want to do just that with Underworld - play it again. But all the bugs and annoyances really stop me from doing so. It really seems as though the game wasn't play-tested or all of the bugs and such were just passed off as things that people will just have to live with. I waited a long time for this game but would have waited a little longer if it meant playing the game without all the camera annoyances and crashes and whatnot.

I find it a real shame and I hope a new patch will be announced and released soon so that I may go back and re-explore this gorgeous game!
    Yeah same here, the released patch does not really fix any of the major issues. Seems more like a token gesture than an actual patch.

This patch should of been a zero day patch as it does fix some stability issues on the low end nvidia cards (which was apparently impossible as it was apparently nvidia's problem).

Still waiting for an actual patch, but at this late stage I guess that it is unlikely and TRU will be forever an unfinished game.

Quote Originally Posted by elliopo View Post
    Yeah same here, the released patch does not really fix any of the major issues. Seems more like a token gesture than an actual patch.

This patch should of been a zero day patch as it does fix some stability issues on the low end nvidia cards (which was apparently impossible as it was apparently nvidia's problem).

Still waiting for an actual patch, but at this late stage I guess that it is unlikely and TRU will be forever an unfinished game.
    I wouldn't count on that. We usually don't see 1.1 patches, and when we do it's usually followed by a 1.2 patch and/or a 1.3 patch (reffering to the market in general). I don't think they're just gonna stop until things are resolved well enough.

Exclamation Please...

I hope that patch 1.2 for pc will be released soon, (24.02.2009) is date for patch for Xbox360, but PC version still needed patch at least 1.2. So EIDOS please released new update for PC.

Exclamation Patch cant find TRU! Plus Fatal Error:(

My TRU is on my X drive. I did have it on C drive but it got too full, and well wasnt workin then anyway! (UK Disk) The patch states that TRU is not installed on my computer when it clearly is, my C drive is almost full! I placed the patch in X Drive then tried the TRU folder but wont recognise it. Anyway from what I have read doesnt look like it helps much. Had this game awhile and havent even got past explosion at beginning. I get the fatal error and comp crashes! I want my money back But more than that I want it to WORK!

I hope they make a trophy patch for PC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockette View Post
    My TRU is on my X drive. I did have it on C drive but it got too full, and well wasnt workin then anyway! (UK Disk) The patch states that TRU is not installed on my computer when it clearly is, my C drive is almost full! I placed the patch in X Drive then tried the TRU folder but wont recognise it. Anyway from what I have read doesnt look like it helps much. Had this game awhile and havent even got past explosion at beginning. I get the fatal error and comp crashes! I want my money back But more than that I want it to WORK!
    The patch dosent detect the game because the computers registry still says that the game is installed in your C drive. to fix that open c\windows\regedit.exe and browse to hkey_local_machine\software\crystal dynamics\tombraider underworld. and change the installpath to your current path or just reinstall the game

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    I hope they make a trophy patch for PC!!!
    uh what? Could you explain that?
    Do you mean the trophies from the PS3? Those are PS3 only, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    I didn't know that...

I hope they make a patch with a rewarding system for PC users...

On how many I know, there are two patches on game. The first official, the second - is not present. The official patch at me gives out only 24 fps. In comparison with another - only 19. But after a while game began to hang. Therefore has reinstalled game. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is necessary to wait the new official version.

Tomb Raider Underworld patch.000 file

Can someone upload the patch.000 file that appears in the TRU installation folder after installing the original patch version 1.1??? Please send it to vineee.1@rediffmail.com .
    I broke my TRU DVD accidentally but I'd installed the game before on my D:\ drive And formatted Windows on C:\ drive because of a virus. TRU still works but now I wanted to apply the patch 1.1 .But since i installed windows again the patch says "Setup has detected that TRU is not installed on your system, please install it before running the setup again". I've collected all the other files but am in need of the patch.000 file only. Anyone if you can please send it to me on the above mentioned address.

tomb raider/underworld

just got the game but when I started to play and it is like i have no control. it is so erratic and the sound is too what can i do to it so I can play

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    What he means is achivement.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitesamuraI26 View Post
    What he means is achivement.
    Trophy / Achievement / Rewards, it's the same and I get that Quite late reaction you gave there He already answered my question.

What is this patch so suppose fix?

This game is so bizzare. I'm running it on a Windows 7 machine. The lag in incredible and I keep getting these quicktime images here and there. I played the other games in the series and had no problems but this game is a joke. Where can I get really technical support from Eidos?

P.S. I know what the patch is suppose to fix :-) I was being rhetorical.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentX View Post
    This game is so bizzare. I'm running it on a Windows 7 machine. The lag in incredible and I keep getting these quicktime images here and there. I played the other games in the series and had no problems but this game is a joke. Where can I get really technical support from Eidos?

P.S. I know what the patch is suppose to fix :-) I was being rhetorical.
    Here are my spec based on "Can you run it?":

CPU
    Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (A Dell XPS 630 is highly recommended for great gameplay with Tomb Raider: Underworld)
    You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
    PASS

CPU Speed
    Recommended: 2.2 GHz (A Dell XPS 630 is highly recommended for great gameplay with Tomb Raider: Underworld)
    You Have: 2.19 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.285 GHz
    PASS

RAM
    Recommended: 2 GB
    You Have: 2.9 GB
    PASS

OS
    Recommended: Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required)/Microsoft Windows Vista (admin rights required)
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
    Unfortunately Windows 7 was not available when this product was released, so it is not OFFICIALLY supported. In some cases if the product runs on Windows Vista, it may also run on Windows 7. Please review the publisher’s website for more information.

Video Card
    Recommended: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX or ATI HD4800
    You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.
    Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    256 MB 1.3 GB Video RAM
    Yes Yes 3D
    Yes Yes Hardware T&L
    3.0 4.0 Pixel Shader version
    3.0 4.0 Vertex Shader version

Sound Card
    Recommended: Sound Blaster X-Fi is highly recommended for the most dynamic and realistic audio experience (Not tested).
    You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio
    PASS

Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 7 GB
    You Have: 68.2 GB
    PASS

DVD-ROM
    Recommended: Yes
    You Have: Slimtype DVD A DS8A4SH
    PASS

Also, how do I get a refund on this crappy game? I'm sooooooo glad I didn't pay full price for this game. Eidos...I can't wait for your next Tomb Raider game. Guess if I'll buy it? How does a game go almost two years before a patch is issued? You've just killed Lara Croft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12