Thread: Wii Gets The Short End Of The Stick . . . Again.

Wii Gets The Short End Of The Stick . . . Again.

Ready for my super long rant!! Here goes . .

I am really frusterated with crystal right now. I am sick of this system always getting the down key!!! Now, I knew that graphics would be downgraded significantly. I was prepared. But this was unforgivable. Not only were the graphics downgraded, but they were worse than Anniversary!!! The Lara Model was ugly. Not EVEN CLOSE to what the other systems got.The animations were ok I guess, but she disappointed me considerably. Not only her I suppose, but every model sort of disappointed me. I've seen the Wii do better graphics than this. Next. When she was wet, her clothes didn't even change color. She WASN'T EVEN SHINY!!!!! No dirt showed up on her like in Legend, A PREVIOUS SYSTEM AGO!!!!!!!! Environments were decent, but the rain in Mexico was sad. But that was semi expected. Next order of business. Amanda. Not only did she look worse than in Legend on the Wii, but HER HAIR DIDN'T EVEN MOVE LIKE IN EVERY OTHER CONSOLE!!!! I was close to tears. Next. The Laptop. The sorry excuse of that made me sick with rage. All the laptop showed was a pic of Alister and Zip and a stupid signal THAT DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE!!!!!!! They were animated just fine in every other version, but nope. Short end of stick yet again. Next. WEAPONS!!!!!!!! THERE WERE NO SHARKS TO KILL WITH AN UNDERWATER WEAPON??? TO MAKE ROOM FOR WHAT?? INSULTINGLY SIMPLE MINIGAMES THAT HALF THE TIME DON'T EVEN WORK!?!?!? Ingenious CD. Really. This made me angry. Next. YOU COULDN'T EVEN USE YOUR LIGHT SOURCE WHEN YOU NEEDED IT!!!!! How iritating was it that I had to swim around in the dark, looking for something I could barely see! AAAAAAA!!!! Next. The camera. Better, but STILL AS MURDEROUS TO OPERATE AS EVER!!! And sometimes it would lock and I couldn't see where I was jumping to. Next. WHY CAN'T I WATCH CUTSCENES OR LISTEN TO MUSIC????? Next. The stupid doppleganger didn't even have A BRAID!! But every other system got one. I am IRRITATED. But I am done . . . for now.

To people who say, well maybe you shouldn't have gotten the wii version, save it PLZ. I cna't afford a new system and my parents wouldn't let me get a new one.

To all mods, PLZ MAKE THIS A STICKY!!! I DO NOT WANT THESE MISTAKES REPEATED IN THE NEXT GAME!!!!

Please feel free to state your opinions. Boy am I gonna regret saying this.
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

Anyone else?
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

I agree, I would have been quite happy with a few months of delay if CD had just taken the time to make the graphics acceptable, and sort the camera out. And OMG the god damn stupid tool kit crap, i know it is to make the most of the wiimote but it is so pointless, while they could have spent more time making the wii version alot better. I think on all versions thought it was rushed, it needed just a few more months to sort out all the glitchy controls and bugs in the game. Is it really that much to ask for?? As a desperate plea to CD, make the next game sooooooo much better on all versions, especially the wii version.

Well, thank you. When I was thinking to buy the underworld for WII, I also thought that maibe it was better to wait until the PSP version appeared. Now I am disappointed, I Iove the PSP Legend, but I don´t really like the Underworld for Wii. The camera, the moves, the graphics... everything that you point out... Besides I´m playing at the beginning and now I´m stuck in some kind of bug, the first time that find one, and I´m sure that bug shouldn't be there. I'm really disappointed.

I had to get the Wii version because I don't have a PS3, nor a 360, and I hate playing action games on my computer. I am disappointed and just hope that CD makes more of an effort with the next TR game on the Wii. I don't understand because Anniversary was great.

Unhappy Disappointed!

I cannot express how disappointed I am about the latest Tomb Raider Underworld for Wii Console. I'll be pleased to hear from EIDOS when they recall for free replacement of a better version when and if it becomes available or just return the money I have paid.

Please don’t take me wrong; I'm a HUGE Tomb Raider fan ever since its first PC version back in 1996 and I can say that this version is just trashy in every sense of the word; it differs A LOT from the other versions and such differences are just not acceptable. EIDOS took out underwater shooting, shooting in ledges, adrenaline attacks, most (if not all) of her acrobatic moves, secrets and relics (only several "treasures" exist, not hidden at all), and yes, even some ENEMIES! I also found far too many glitches and my game froze several times and also, there are NO pickups (health packs, ammo, etc.), and Lara regains health automatically. This is truly the easiest game I've ever played in terms of survival elements and length; I'm extremely disappointed.

This is my first game for the Wii and I'm not terribly impressed with it. I understand that trying to make the Wii remote useful is all well and good, but not at the expense of the game.

I have found that there is no definite guide or walkthrough for this game on the Wii as well. I can only make it so far without a little help and there is a no definitive place to check on these questions because there is no guidebook for the Wii specifically. I have the book for the PS3 and 360 and you can make it work, but there are a lot of little things that are not in that guide and you get stuck!

The graphics are not as smooth the controls are very interesting to get used to and that camera... wow... do I need to say more?

OH! And can Lara swan dive in the Wii version? I can't seem to work that one out either.

The Wii was designed for a different type of game. It's for interactive play. It's for running around your front room with a small toy tennis racquet and making cartoon avatars of yourself. It's great if you like that sort of thing, but it's not for high end games like Tomb Raider. The resolution is low and the control system is completely wrong. I can't believe they even released it for the Wii. What next? Call Of Duty?

The game looks and plays great on the PC. It doesn't on the Wii. And that's the game's fault?
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.52GHz
    SLI GTX280 XXX @ 738/1512/2700

Quote Originally Posted by Ilena Songstress View Post
    This is my first game for the Wii and I'm not terribly impressed with it. I understand that trying to make the Wii remote useful is all well and good, but not at the expense of the game.

I have found that there is no definite guide or walkthrough for this game on the Wii as well. I can only make it so far without a little help and there is a no definitive place to check on these questions because there is no guidebook for the Wii specifically. I have the book for the PS3 and 360 and you can make it work, but there are a lot of little things that are not in that guide and you get stuck!

The graphics are not as smooth the controls are very interesting to get used to and that camera... wow... do I need to say more?

OH! And can Lara swan dive in the Wii version? I can't seem to work that one out either.
    I would send you to Stellas site but just checked and she is just starting the Wii walkthrough., so it will be awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Discordia666 View Post
    The Wii was designed for a different type of game. It's for interactive play. It's for running around your front room with a small toy tennis racquet and making cartoon avatars of yourself. It's great if you like that sort of thing, but it's not for high end games like Tomb Raider. The resolution is low and the control system is completely wrong. I can't believe they even released it for the Wii. What next? Call Of Duty?

The game looks and plays great on the PC. It doesn't on the Wii. And that's the game's fault?
    No. It is not the game's fault. It's Buzz Monkey's fault. And the Wii can do just fine. Look at the Wii version of Anniversary. The ONLY thing really wrong with that game was the stupid camera and the cog games. The Wii can do better. I've seen it. But games like these give the Wii a bad name. I understand that the Wii will not have the best graphics. I understand taking out small things. But this was a completely retarded version of what it was supposed to be. This is unacceptable. I can't get a new system. this is all I have. I love Tomb Raider, but this was too much. Oh by the way, did anyone else have that stupid problem in Thailand with the disappearing pole?

yeah, I had problems with the disappearing pole, and also Lara froze sevaral times, one of them riding on her motorbike, and the motorbike crashed. The camera moves independently from what you order. No swan dive. Sometimes I can see the interior of Lara (void of course) or the interiors of the walls... For me it´s like playing to the first adventure on the computer, really disappointed yes, and maybe it's because Wii it's not for these games, but, frankly, TRU for wii can be better.

Quote Originally Posted by snich88 View Post
    yeah, I had problems with the disappearing pole, and also Lara froze sevaral times, one of them riding on her motorbike, and the motorbike crashed. The camera moves independently from what you order. No swan dive. Sometimes I can see the interior of Lara (void of course) or the interiors of the walls... For me it´s like playing to the first adventure on the computer, really disappointed yes, and maybe it's because Wii it's not for these games, but, frankly, TRU for wii can be better.
    I know. We need to sign a petition or something. How can we keep something like this from happening again? This can not happen ever again. The Wii needs way more effort.

wii walkthrough

stella has now started her underworld walkthrough for the wii, here's the link:
    http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/underworld.html#walk

and if you want help by a video, it took ages but managed to find this:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140852

hope this helps anybody with problems

also, the petition is a damn good idea

Thank you. Does anyoe know how to get it started? I'll sign it in blood if I have to. just get it to work.

. . . Still waiting on that petition . . .