Thread: What's the Hardest Final Fantasy game

What's the Hardest Final Fantasy game

I say FFXII

Originally Posted by FinalFantasy107
    I say FFXII

Strongly agree

XII.

FFXII may have been the hardest, but in my opinion it was one of the most fun.

I would have to say it was FF XIII, I'm glad they fixed it on FF XIII-2.

FF3j, I died so many times in just the intro! you get one guy, no classes, no abilities, and you hav to go through a dungeon and a boss with just a couple potions!

^ Are you talking about the remake? You start FFIII with four characters, a couple of Antarctic Winds, and a healing spring. Shouldn't have to use potions, even with just Luneth.

I don't know what the hardest game in the main series is, though. Honestly, I've never found any of them to be particularly tough, though I think XII and V have some pretty tricky parts. Most of the games are pretty forgiving, which helps a lot. I'd be inclined to say that IV has the most difficult quest, but when you're given such a linear story and leveling system, it's hard to go wrong when you're strugging: just level up more.

i have never heard of a hard FF game... i also never understood why FF IV (FF II in the US) was dumbed down (it was later released in japan a FF IV easy type)

Only various parts of the titles can sometimes be challenging, such as perfect scores in minigames, finding hidden items or optional quests in the older FF titles or certain optional battles.

Oh the good ol times

Final Fantasy XI, XII, XIII. To me those were all pretty hard games, especially the beginning of XI, I had to grind for hours on end (it was a lot of fun though). XII had incredibly hard boss battles and same with XIII. I've got XIII-2 but haven't even started playing it yet, though I hear it's easier.

Hmmm...I've screamed and thrown my controller when playing FFXIII because of how hard it was for me, but I actually beat it. FFXII is still on my to do list...

FF1 and 2 weren't very forgiving either. I mean, no Phoenix Down? Paying to revive characters? D:

FFXIII without a doubt and grinding doesnt help too much in that game

I'd say FFXIII there's points in the game that are really frustrating. It pissed me off because you couldn't level early in the game. You're capped until you progress in the story.

Final Fantasy XII by far. Anyone else kill Yiazmat and take on all the optional stuff?

i found 13 way to easy 12 was just long but easy 11 i dont count cause its a MMORPG

i personally didn't find a boss going immortal hard in 12 just was like now i just need 2 wait for it wear off

now 2 NES version was challenging

3 NES version was harder than 2 imo with no directions

5 id say was the hardest the fire giant the earth crystal fortresses guns shinryu and omega

now if were adding in 5 advanced Enuo Omega MK2 and neo shinryu

Hands down Final Fantasy 1 NES and being 10 years old. No direction what so ever. running away from so many fights. The first time through the game I made it to the final castle and died every fight because I was too under leveled. Trust me they do not make games like they used to. All games nowadays are made to be beat by anyone.

XII IMHO

xiii and xiii-2 and iv

XIII is the hardest I have played so far

FFXII was actually pretty easy to me (minus the Omega Mk. II & Yiazmat fights). XIII Had it's moments near the end that made me want to rage quit, but it got easier once I started using the Paradigm system correctly.

If any FF games were difficult to me, I'd say FFIV, FFVI, and maybe FFVIII.

Wow I am surprised XIII is on so many lists! III and IV I find very hard.