Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which level/place in TRU freaked you out the most? *spoilers inside, of course*

in the Bhogvati level, I was just walking in the corridor and then suddenly, a naga walked on the cealing, and when I went after it, it was gone
    I need the hammer to kill a god!

I would normally find that creepy and I would be jumping at shadows but my game was buggy so I would have just assumed it was a bug.

Oh my lord.
    I thought the whole game was terrifying. I was jumpy through the whole thing. The tentacle going through the wall, all the sharks, the thralls, nagas, etc. etc.!
    I would jump at everything! LOL.

I almost crapped my pants at the Kraken cinematic!!!!

The water parts. Oh, the water parts...

I am deathly afraid of drowning, getting eaten, and deep, dark water. TR:U managed to combine all of those things into the beginning of the Mediterranean level and the beginning of the last level. In the Thailand level where you're trying to get the door open and swim back out to your boat, I kept hearing strange noises (just water sloshing around, I think ), and I thought something was in that little pool. Scared me half to death.

The kraken, too, was scary, especially when I fell into the pool by accident...
    "Nothing is impossible!"
    "Oh yea? Ever tried to slam a revolving door?"

It wasn't scary...
    But I really HATE spiders.
    =/
    That just motivated me into using 'nades.

I think the scariest part for me would be in that giant room with the swinging hammers and you had to ride the hammers around. It was all pretty fun, but then that supposedly-dead snow yeti thrall woke up so I immediately ran out and jumped across a gap and thought I could I could happily stand there and point and shoot...

...it decided to follow me >_>

I think that Tomb Raider II for the PS1 honestly had some jumping moments in the game. I've played the game dozen of times over and over and I still jump at some parts.

They even have nice sound effects in TR2 that are perfect for building suspense. Heartbeat sound effects, low toned creepy sound effects, and they do a good job at putting you in the dark with the sound effects and a pack of flares with a creature or two to kill, that jump out at you.

So I'd have to say TR2 for me.
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

No where is the short answer, none of CD's games have been able to match up to the feeling or eerieness or fear that were in the earlier games such as the floating islands, catacombs of the talion and the black isle from TRC that I still feel even now!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Croft View Post
    I think that Tomb Raider II for the PS1 honestly had some jumping moments in the game. I've played the game dozen of times over and over and I still jump at some parts.

They even have nice sound effects in TR2 that are perfect for building suspense. Heartbeat sound effects, low toned creepy sound effects, and they do a good job at putting you in the dark with the sound effects and a pack of flares with a creature or two to kill, that jump out at you.

So I'd have to say TR2 for me.
    I am tottaly with Mr Croft on this one. Some of the levels in TR2. Yeti's in Kingdom and catacombs of the tailion and men with sticks and flamethrowers on the Deck scared me most. The music, darkness and enemy sounds worked well. Havn't really be scared that much by anything in CD's games yet. Nothing really in TRU but if I had to say one probably Kracken or Naga.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123