View Poll Results: Did you enjoy Tomb raider Underworld?

Voters
607. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

422 69.52%
  • No

60 9.88%
  • Some were in the middle

125 20.59%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you enjoy TRU?

I'll have to look around and find some vid of the Italian Lara. Thought the Spanish Laras voice too low. Even though the're doing different languages the voices should be similar I would have thought. Suprised they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    In the middle.
    no way its not a no! im not joking and im not trying to be rude i guess cd have gotten it right.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraider-147 View Post
    no way its not a no! im not joking and im not trying to be rude i guess cd have gotten it right.
    I think she chose the answer "some were in the middle" not literaly in the middle.....
    Dont kill a cow, eat a cowboy.

I loved the game. The story line was fantastic.

The puzzles could have been more complex - a little glitchy in places - jumped through a few walls n kept falling. Or walked on a "slope" n died for no reason - but the game in all was brillant. (xb360)

I loved the conclusion.

So do you think we'll get a snippet of the way her father died in a future game? Natla's memory could be part of the underworld. Maybe the "blue mass" could be channeled to reveal what actualy happened?!

So many ways the story can go.

Loved the game (up until Thor's hammer. The combat wasn't as good after that.)

Id Give it a one thumb up, I Loved the graphicsand the game play, but Got kinda bored, I think they just aimed for the character and the moves rathe than making the story longer and more fun. was to short. It was Eh. like the levels felt random and I didnt really get the whole her goals gonna destroy the world thing didnt notice how it could've untill the end. i think? but I heard for X box only *pouts* they have two expansion packs one with a new story and etc not for ps3 from what I read

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBoyJack View Post
    I didnt really get the whole her goals gonna destroy the world thing didnt notice how it could've untill the end.
    This is why they call it a "suprise".

get ready to slap me but I think I liked Legends the best mmhmmm much more interations with other people. and clothes and unlockable things!! Like I dont feel the need to play Aniversary or underworld Again, unlike Legends I could play it over and over Underworld just dosnt call out to me to play untill maybe later on

Interactions with other people? In terms of cutscenes/story, yes. Probably also in terms of repetitive mercanary-killing.
    TR:U focuses more on non-human enemies, though. You can do more with the non-human enemies than the humans, and it's certainly more interesting fighting the Thralls than the mercs.

In terms of unlockable things, there're story boards to unlock. Some people find it interesting to see some of the "behind the scenes" things.
    And were you not around these forums to see about people complaining about the unlockable outfits of TR:L and TR:A? Huh. I'm pretty sure they removed outfits based on fan-request/feedback. I bet they'll bring them back into the next game for the same reason.

I didnt see that fourm with the clothes. Over all the game was great. LOVE THE GRAPHICS!!! love the option to change your clothes the first time around through different options love the weapon options. it was a good game I geuss I just expected a little more But Its there first game for ps3 so Iill let it go lol

I thought it was great. The best Tomb Raider yet in some ways.

But... about the outfits... the fact that there is 1 unlockable outfit makes it seem like they started to add them but didn't have time to add more than that. At least there are a decent amount available throughout normal play.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Knight View Post
    But... about the outfits... the fact that there is 1 unlockable outfit makes it seem like they started to add them but didn't have time to add more than that. At least there are a decent amount available throughout normal play.
    Or, they decided to make the outfits "realistic" in that you can't wear the warm-weather wetsuit in Jan Mayen, and can't wear "Snow Heavy" into the Med.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Or, they decided to make the outfits "realistic" in that you can't wear the warm-weather wetsuit in Jan Mayen, and can't wear "Snow Heavy" into the Med.
    That I don't mind. I was just expecting 1 new outfit in each area for the relic in each area.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraider-147 View Post
    I chose 'In The Middle'

Neither good, Neither bad, just in the middle.
    Villa, villa.

Well I have finally finished the game.

Possible spoilers below

I must say it's a very good game. I would give it an 8/10.

The music, locations, puzzles, enemies, graphics and storyline were excellent. I spent ages looking through the levels for the treasures and relics. Never got them all so I have started to go back for a better look.

The puzzles were really well done. Not too easy and you had to spend some good logic on working some of the out. Also in some area's I spent ages there as I was stuck on how
    to get out.

There were a few glitches but no big deal.

A few things I would like to see change for TR 9:

1. I would like the hint system taken out. Let's spend time working on how to solve puzzles and finding what to do next by either working them out for ourselves or coming to the forums and talking to other TR players and work together on that.

2. A change to the camera system. I have been playing it on the PS3 with only a few minor burps. Sometimes you would have plants in the screen and could not see what was in front of Lara or sometimes it would be Lara's head in the way.

3. I would like to do all Boss fights. Doesn't need any explanation for this one really.

Tell you what though there were a few scary moments playing this game and had me jumping in my seat. The doctor says I'll be ok.

Well done CD and to Eidos for a great adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by uzigirl View Post
    Well I have finally finished the game.

Possible spoilers below

I must say it's a very good game. I would give it an 8/10.

The music, locations, puzzles, enemies, graphics and storyline were excellent. I spent ages looking through the levels for the treasures and relics. Never got them all so I have started to go back for a better look.

The puzzles were really well done. Not too easy and you had to spend some good logic on working some of the out. Also in some area's I spent ages there as I was stuck on how
    to get out.

There were a few glitches but no big deal.

A few things I would like to see change for TR 9:

1. I would like the hint system taken out. Let's spend time working on how to solve puzzles and finding what to do next by either working them out for ourselves or coming to the forums and talking to other TR players and work together on that.
    2. A change to the camera system. I have been playing it on the PS3 with only a few minor burps. Sometimes you would have plants in the screen and could not see what was in front of Lara or sometimes it would be Lara's head in the way.

3. I would like to do all Boss fights. Doesn't need any explanation for this one really.

Tell you what though there were a few scary moments playing this game and had me jumping in my seat. The doctor says I'll be ok.

Well done CD and to Eidos for a great adventure!

You can turn the hint system off. And if you are talking about Field Assistance, simply don't use it
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Uzigirl, the hint system is great. It's entirely your decision wheter you want to use hints or not, if you're not happy that the answers have been given to you you can only blame your weak will...

Yeah, I know that but isn't it too easy for people to run through the game with all help along the way.

Yeah, I know that but isn't it too easy for people to run through the game with all help along the way.
    What help? Hint sytem or Field Assistance?
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Well the hints are under the Field Assistance.

Well the hints are under the Field Assistance.
    Oh yes but you just use it if you want to.

Lots of things in TRU are optional, like the hint icons and using the field assistance. You do not have to use it if you don't want to.

Besides, I think it is quite handy, because you don't have to run to a pc and check a walkthrough whenever you get stuck.

However, I used it once in the whole game and it didn't help me out..........
    I had to find those red gems to open the gate to Helheim, and I couldn't find the entrance to the middle tower. The field assistance told me to find them in the towers but I had no idea how to get inside the middle one. Finally I figured out after like 20 minutes of swimming where the entrance to the middle tower was.............

Did I enjoy TRU?

HELL YEAH!!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Lots of things in TRU are optional, like the hint icons and using the field assistance. You do not have to use it if you don't want to.

Besides, I think it is quite handy, because you don't have to run to a pc and check a walkthrough whenever you get stuck.

However, I used it once in the whole game and it didn't help me out..........
    I had to find those red gems to open the gate to Helheim, and I couldn't find the entrance to the middle tower. The field assistance told me to find them in the towers but I had no idea how to get inside the middle one. Finally I figured out after like 20 minutes of swimming where the entrance to the middle tower was.............

Did I enjoy TRU?

HELL YEAH!!!!

Cool !
    Have you finished it?

Ur thread got sticky'ed congrats!! i dunno if i enjoyed it ill be getting it in a week *kisses* toodles!
    Oh hai

So what? Just because it is possible, it doesn't mean you need to use it.
    And the help system is great because it is possible "to run through the game with all help along the way". It opens the game up to people who either don't have the time to play, or don't want to spend time being stuck.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast