Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EA/Ubisoft/Warner etc bid for Eidos

Quote Originally Posted by r00ster View Post
    Read this;

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...ci-taking-bids

I don't know what to think,.... yet.
    Oh God help us! If some of my fellow oldie TR fans can't stand CD wait til EA gets ahold of it. They will ruin it for sure and they will wail and lament in sack cloth and ashes that they ever critisized CD'c versions. LOL

customer service and EA not in this universes life

Oh.............. I really dont want this to happen. Tomb Raider will go horribly wrong if this happens. And for the love of god..... DO NOT let our Lara get into the filthy hands of EA! It would be the worst mistake.... omg.... Im rather worried now.

i agree with some of the posters in that i won't believe a word until i hear an official announcement
    hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour

I know many of you will hate me for saying this but I don't think it would be so bad if Ubisoft bought it. They've proven they can make an awesome exploration/climbing/jumping kind of game with Assassins Creed. The story was good, and the graphics and animation were amazing. That's not to say I want the franchise sold, but if they did, I would for sure side with Ubisoft rather than EA.

Please, God, not EA.

EA's games, besides the Sims franchise, are God-awful.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4679923/1/Tomb_Raider_Aftermath

EA games aren't that awful, I liked the SSX series.......

But let's hope nobody messes with our beloved TR-series and Lara!!!
    signature image

I think this same topic's going over in DX forums... It's funny to see who's saying "not Ubisoft" and "not EA".

EA squished Bullfrog and the amazing "theme" franchises as well as Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2.

let Ubisoft take it - they can maximise systems potential without overclocking - splinter cell anyone?

They have the best Graphics I have EVER seen.

So now it's going to be EA bashing and Ubisoft bashing...

Quote Originally Posted by OuTR View Post
    I know many of you will hate me for saying this but I don't think it would be so bad if Ubisoft bought it. They've proven they can make an awesome exploration/climbing/jumping kind of game with Assassins Creed. The story was good, and the graphics and animation were amazing. That's not to say I want the franchise sold, but if they did, I would for sure side with Ubisoft rather than EA.
    Both Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia show that Ubisoft are well capable of handling TR, I agree with you.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Well, Crystal Dynamics makes the games right, not Eidos. If another company takes over, you don't suppose they will find another developer too?!

Ah well, maybe it's not that bad, if it's true that Eidos rushed AOD and TRU.........

I don't know, I am not that worried yet

Edit: What am I saying?? That would suck big time!!!!
    Eidos didn't rush tomb raider underworld the game was great. Oh and I hope crytal dynamics keep making tomb raider games.

The Tomb Raider franchise is not being sold to a new developer, separate from Eidos. The article is about Eidos (formerly SCi) being acquired. Tomb Raider and Crystal Dynamics are both part of Eidos so they are naturally part of the deal.

This means that Tomb Raider would be published under the Warner Bros., EA, or Ubisoft banner. Eidos/CD (and Eidos' other developers) would likely remain remain a distinct developer just as Maxis and Bioware are under EA. Anyway, the articles I've seen list Warner Bros as the most likely buyer. They don't seem to have the kind reputation that EA and Ubisoft do (probably a good thing).
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Quote Originally Posted by Curious101 View Post
    Please, God, not EA.

EA's games, besides the Sims franchise, are God-awful.
    SSX and Mirror's Edge are awesome too, don't forget them.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd still rather it didn't go to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Knight View Post
    The Tomb Raider franchise is not being sold to a new developer, separate from Eidos. The article is about Eidos (formerly SCi) being acquired. Tomb Raider and Crystal Dynamics are both part of Eidos so they are naturally part of the deal.

This means that Tomb Raider would be published under the Warner Bros., EA, or Ubisoft banner. Eidos/CD (and Eidos' other developers) would likely remain remain a distinct developer just as Maxis and Bioware are under EA. Anyway, the articles I've seen list Warner Bros as the most likely buyer. They don't seem to have the kind reputation that EA and Ubisoft do (probably a good thing).
    Thank you! That's what I've been thinking all along, and I mean come on, even if Lara was in the hands of another developer, I wouldn't shriek! Just look at it like this, when Core Design got booted, we were all fretting and cowering and look what we got, Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld, which are all kick ass games. While I get nauseous when I think of these words:

Tomb Raider 9 . . . designed by EA

Maybe it would be cool if it were in the hands of Ubisoft. But as I was saying, the developers most likely won't change, a bigger company will just own them, no biggie, so everyone take a chill pill, relax, play Tomb Raider, and breathe! lol!

New bidder enters, EA/Ubisoft/Warner and now a surprise bidder

Well looks like ALOT of people are after Eidos(who can blame them)

we've heard

Warner

EA

Ubisoft

but now theres a new person in the bidding war so to speak, a company thats one of my favorites but just wouldn't fit with Tomb Raider.

Square-Enix,the guys/gals behind Final Fantasy have jumped on board the bidding war.

just read about it over at Kotaku, ill include link below.

''Home to Lara Croft, Eidos have been in a financial pickle of late, and are already in takeover talks with Warner Bros. Square Enix making a run at them, though, is far more interesting.

Warner Bros are, according to those in the know, the front-runners to snag the deal. They already own 20% of Eidos, making a takeover purchase a cheap one. But Square can't be counted out.

Square boss Yoichi Wada has already popped in for tea and biscuits at Eidos-owned IO Interactive (Hitman, Kane & Lynch), and will be flying back to the UK soon to "move the deal forward".

http://kotaku.com/5101776/square-eni...s#viewcomments

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mods delete if necessary.

Don't know what to think really............just hope they don't mess with the development of the TR-series!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Don't know what to think really............just hope they don't mess with the development of the TR-series!
    I just think its a rather weird business move for Square-Enix, they're renown for RPGs.

Tomb Raider + RPG environment = dont mix

however I do think EIDOS worked with Square in the past, EIDOS published the Final Fantasy 7 PC game.

wow....i dont know what to say....

signature image

Hopefully whatever publisher buys out Eidos will have the financial sense not to take the series away from CD until they don't want it anymore.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    Hopefully whatever publisher buys out Eidos will have the financial sense not to take the series away from CD until they don't want it anymore.
    100% Agree

Ok guys, I don't think it's just a 'rumor' anymore;

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...rchasing-eidos

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32578/Squa...-pole-position

Now more players are jumping in...

What are we gunna do!
    Sorry to be the harbinger of this, I just read Ars everyday, as it's one of the gems of the internet for a tech worker/lover like me.

Cheers.

Ok guys, I don't think it's just a 'rumor' anymore;

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...rchasing-eidos

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32578/Squa...-pole-position

Now more players are jumping in...

What are we gunna do!
    Sorry to be the harbinger of this, I just read Ars everyday, as it's one of the gems of the internet for a tech worker/lover like me.

Cheers.
    yeah i posted in the TR general section that Square-Enix is now in the bid for EIDOS as well

Hmmm, perhaps best to move this thread there as well then?

Oh great and wonderful mods?

If I could throw it to any, (if it won't be CD) I would take Ubisoft.
    I have never had any issues with their games, however know of a few 'scandals.'

I loved Beyond Good and Evil, the new Prince of Persia game looks incredibly well done, and my Favorite game (Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition, The Art of Learning) was done by them as well.

It's sad, and possibly something great will come of it all.

Cheers.

Very interesting. I didn't think Tomb Raider was that popular in Japan. Maybe Eidos's other franchises are? Sqaure-Enix is probably looking to make a more diverse, perhaps more international portfolio since they aren't known for much besides RPGs. They've dabbled plenty in other genres, but everything they've tried is eclipsed by their RPGs. So it's unlikely they would try to turn Tomb Raider into yet another RPG.

I wonder if they would try to give Lara a more anime look to boost her popularity in Japan. That... would take some getting used to.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Hmmm, perhaps best to move this thread there as well then?

Oh great and wonderful mods?

If I could throw it to any, (if it won't be CD) I would take Ubisoft.
    I have never had any issues with their games, however know of a few 'scandals.'

I loved Beyond Good and Evil, the new Prince of Persia game looks incredibly well done, and my Favorite game (Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition, The Art of Learning) was done by them as well.

It's sad, and possibly something great will come of it all.

Cheers.
    new prince of persia is a total let down(to me anyways), played it -.-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast