Thread: Bug or Stuck in MEDITERRANEAN SEA - PART 1: THE PATH TO AVALON

Bug or Stuck in MEDITERRANEAN SEA - PART 1: THE PATH TO AVALON

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is a bug or if i'm simply blind.
    I got stuck at the very first puzzle. In the SUBMERGED RUINS I'm searching
    the DOOR HANDLES for UNLOCKING THE PUZZLE DOOR.

The first handle was lying in plain sight on a small stone pedestal just in front of the door.
    No problem up to this.

To get the SECOND DOOR HANDLE I swam toward the overgrown mound with the small, rectangular doorway an the shining jellyfish behind.
    I Swam through the doorway into the ruined room below. Next I swam forward and downward beneath the jutting rock slabs. At the bottom of the room, I turned right and continue forward. At the next turning I saw another small pedestal off to the right and a jumble of boulders on the left with an opening where you can swim through.

I checked this path with different walkthroughs and I'm quite sure there should be
    the second door handle lying on that stone pedestal.... but its empty.

I'm playing on XBox360. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Dirk

Despite your good description, are you talking about the small ruin that is ahead and to the left of the main ruin (when swimming back out from the door)?

I believe there is a known bug that the third key will not appear on the pedestal until you've put the second key in place. But you've done that already from what you've said. So I'm out of ideas I'm afraid, the key SHOULD be there.

thanks for your reply,

because i was not sure if i put the handle into the door.
    i tried again two times and put the first handle first into the left and the next try
    into the right door. In both cases the second stone pedestal in the small ruin is still empty.

what a nasty bug for such a great game...
    i don't know what to do now. does anybody know what could be the cause
    of the bug. should i try it with another xbox-account or should i go to the
    shop and replace the dvd? perhaps it is releated to the system update of
    the xbox 360 last weak !?

Smile happened to me too

I play on PS3 and this happened to me too. It was driving me crazy and I spent nearly a day underwater looking for that second damn axle. The second table was empty, I knew I'd found it and put it in, but couldn't remember exactly what I'd done. For some reason it wasn't in the wheel anymore. After four hours underwater your brain goes fuzzy!

In the end I went back to the last minute of the burning mansion prologue, just before the cutscene where I happened to have saved, and played the whole underwater sequence again. Found both axles this time where they should be, stuck them in but didn't turn them, then spent a couple of minutes quickly collecting treasures, then opened the door okay. Did it all so fast this time that the third shark never even turned up.

It's a glitch.

It's a glitch. I had the same problem. It was there all the time, and you've already found it, but on a reload, the game forgets you found it but doesn't put it back on the table, and it's gone forever.
    At this very early point in the game, I suggest you restart the level and don't die or reload until you get through that puzzle. Yep, I know you feel like you've already put HOURS into finding the darn axle, and you're fed up now, but seriously, you'll be glad you restarted, it'l only take two minutes to get back here again, the sharks aren't hard to kill (Don't waste time trying to harpoon them, you can Uzi them underwater on TRU - TOO darn easy ) and this first little part of the game will go quickly now that you're basically familiar with the area.

Same glitch on PS3... HELP!

I bought the new PS3 120GB this weekend, and bought Tomb Raider Underworld. I started playing the game... Got to “Path to Avalon” underwater, and found out, after much research on the internet, that I cannot find the 2nd lever (key?) in the smaller cavern. There is a pedestal where it should be – but no lever. So now I’m stuck. I’ve tried playing te game over from the start about 10 times already, completely wiped the memory... Everything! Nothing works. What do I do now? I’ve only just started trhe game and cannot get past this 1st stage. EXTREMELY frustrating . I want my money back!

Is there anyone who can tell me what to do next?

This bug is very frustrating Thanks to God i have no problem with this level on PC. It's quite annoying to get stucked in the very first level

Try to remove all the saved games and start the game again, maybe this will help

I have tried all the above methods but the second lever never appears, Even after creating new user in PS3 and removing all data and then playing from the start the 2 lever doesnot appear pleeeeeeeeease help me.

no second axle

In the PS3, I have the same problem. There is no second axle.

I deleted the saved files and the patch 1.01.

I tried: without activating the sonar, with the sonar, with the light, without the light, killing sharks, without killing sharks, going back to the boat and down to the ruins again, dying by jellyfish stings, being killed by sharks, throwing bombs where the axle is supposed to be, reloaded the patch 1.01 like 20 times, and still no second axle!!!

I even loaded a savegame i found in internet (without the patch 1.01 to be able to load a game that was saved by somebody else), set at the beginning of mediterranean, still in the boat, and there is no second axle...

please help !!
    EIDOS, please respond !! send a new patch!!

Solution to missing axle path of avalon

guys

I was stuck in this like for a month, I was restarting the time again and again trying to give it a chance, and every time and got frustrated seeing walkthroughs in youtube of people going into the cave and picking the first (or call it second) axle.

it was until I found out a crappy video in youtube from a guy who actually discovered there are two identical caves, both with the stone pedestal.
    check it here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TSFeknahhU

one one of the caves (right if you are giving your back to the main entrance), there is no axle, all the walkthroughs were pointing me in this direction and for a time I was convinced it was a bug only in my game

then later I found out there is one other cave, exactly like this one, and there you can find the axle

I hope it helps you guys, what a relief

camilo

The caves are hardly identical, if people actually stopped looking at youtube videos and walkthroughs and bothered to explore the area themselves they would easily find the third axle. It is practically right in front of the main temple and easy to see as you come out looking for the the third axle. It is problems like this that make it so frustrating for old time fans who actually want a game with a bit of challenge, Crystal Dynamics have to put the answer in plain site or too many get stuck, they took the seaweed away to make it more obvious there was a doorway there. They put it in plain sight and some still insist on looking else where and have the cheek to say it is a bug they cannot find something. I still have my doubts there is any bug here, just because people find an empty pedestal does not mean they actually looked in the right place.

They should have made the player look for all three axles! Then at least if the player had to actually look through the ruins of all 4 smaller temples there would be reason to not find one. They did the same thing in Thailand, dumbed it down to make it easy, rather than look for all 3 jewels and Kali's crown we only had to look for 2 jewels and the other 2 parts of the puzzle were conveniently already in place.

While it might be frustrating not being able to find something, it is equally frustrating being treated like we are newbies incapable of actually looking for something. Paying full price for Tomb Raider with training wheels we fly through in a day is not the best solution. They need to find a better answer, just press a button and be pointed in the right direction if you need a hint, and let the others look for themselves.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Quote Originally Posted by dirk_neander View Post
    Hi,

I'm not sure if it is a bug or if i'm simply blind.
    I got stuck at the very first puzzle. In the SUBMERGED RUINS I'm searching
    the DOOR HANDLES for UNLOCKING THE PUZZLE DOOR.

The first handle was lying in plain sight on a small stone pedestal just in front of the door.
    No problem up to this.

To get the SECOND DOOR HANDLE I swam toward the overgrown mound with the small, rectangular doorway an the shining jellyfish behind.
    I Swam through the doorway into the ruined room below. Next I swam forward and downward beneath the jutting rock slabs. At the bottom of the room, I turned right and continue forward. At the next turning I saw another small pedestal off to the right and a jumble of boulders on the left with an opening where you can swim through.

I checked this path with different walkthroughs and I'm quite sure there should be
    the second door handle lying on that stone pedestal.... but its empty.

I'm playing on XBox360. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Dirk
    I was like that the first time aswell. Have you swam through the temple beside the big Med SeaTemple.
    That is where you find the other one and maybe you should go and check twice incase you have already inserted that one. If not I'm just trying to help.

what a nasty bug for such a great game...
    i don't know what to do now. does anybody know what could be the cause
    of the bug. should i try it with another xbox-account or should i go to the
    shop and replace the dvd? perhaps it is releated to the system update of
    the xbox 360 last weak !?

Exclamation Landscapes aren't pointless!

Look, the entrance to the tomb is covered with seaweed for a reason - it's to cover it up. It's a...red herring. A annoying red herring which shouldn't be there, but a red herring. That mini-temple is a fake, don't go in there. The mini-temple to the right (as u go into the huge temple with the puzzle in) is the only mini-temple that should be entered. The axel isn't on the pedestal in the red herring, because I'm thinking someone (a previous explorer) tried to enter, but while finding the other axel, died on the way. (lovely) That's why I think the axel isn't on the "fake" pedestal. So yeah, landscapes aren't pointless, remember that.

[P.S PLZ STOP CALLING THIS A GLITCH AND PLZ STOP POSTING THE SAME POST TWICE. IT'S A WASTE OF TIME.]
    What? Do you expect me to have a good signiture?

I would agree with Yoshi on this one, i don't think it is a bug. Obviously, there are three doors that need to be rotated, and three axles that go in them. One of the axles are already in place, so you'd figure that you could possibly find an empty pedestal someplace...and that is likely what people are seeing. If you use your sonar map outside of the main temple, you can clearly see that there are at least two other doorways that you can explore (mini-temples). One has the empty pedestal, the other has the second axle. CD put alot of time into creating those landscapes, so explore them thoroughly. Tombraiderchronicles has a fairly exhaustive lits of known TR:U bugs, but I haven't seen any refereces to missing axles. I'd suggest just look around more.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image