Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anybody use the Tranquiliser Gun in TRU?

Smile Did anybody use the Tranquiliser Gun in TRU?

Although the Tranquiliser Gun was a nice addition I didn't use it at all, of course I wouldn't dream of shooting a Tiger or any animal in life but in the TR world the Uzi's & Pistols are my weapon of choice. Did anybody actually use it Tranquiliser Gun when playing TRU?
    signature image
    PSN username - Kiss-Byte & XboxLive username - KissBite

Nope, not once Its more challenging with normal guns and If I kill something in a game its not going to affect the real thing but I understand why some people feel strongly about it. It was a good idea all and all but I used guns
    No Comment.

I didn't use it at all during my first playthrough... now I'm playing again and I have to say that the Tranq gun is fun! :d I don't really like difficult fights, and with the tranq it's really easy... one shot and they're down, and then you can just manual aim and get rid of them :P

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by William Croft View Post
    Yes, using that's a lot of of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezyk View Post
    I didn't use it at all during my first playthrough... now I'm playing again and I have to say that the Tranq gun is fun! :d I don't really like difficult fights, and with the tranq it's really easy... one shot and they're down, and then you can just manual aim and get rid of them :P
    Nice tactic!

Arrow

You already know my answer, but I'll tell you anyway in case someone doesn't know. I used the tranq-gun whenever I came up against wildlife, then I'd hurry to do what I needed to get the secrets and whatnot before they woke up. If I was too slow, I'd tranq them again.

It was very hard in the area where there were bandits and kitties, I tell-you-what-man. You have to lure the kitties away from the men, tranq the kitties, then kill the men or else the men kill the kitties. It is quite challenging.....I guess I could tranq the men too, and then kill them, while the kitties sleep.....hmmmm

Smile

The big cats in TRU were cute but they were vicious! I must admit I wished I could of tranquilised Underpus, would have taken quite a few, as the I felt bad as it cried out when you impelled it.

nope never used the tranq

I used it a couple times
    On some tigers and the mercenaries.
    but after that I just kicked them to dead anyway, and found shooting them was much more easier

Test your luck.. Click on one of the four smileys!

nope, just killed everything with the uzi's.

Just as i would in real life, if somethings attacking me it's going down.

Nope. Not during the Story anyway, but when i replayed levels i used it on that one tiger that jumps at you in thailand and on a person on a boat lol.
    "YOU CAN DIE TOO!!!" - Lara Croft
    "Get out of my sight" - Lara Croft

I didnt but ive not finished it yet so perhaps i will just to try it out

Yes I did, only on the tigers so far! It's so cool to watch them breathing and when you are climbing the ruins structure and they are running around below. Makes it even more important not to screw up on those jumps and fall down.............those tigers will eat you alive!

I like the tranq gun.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Yes I did, only on the tigers so far! It's so cool to watch them breathing and when you are climbing the ruins structure and they are running around below. Makes it even more important not to screw up on those jumps and fall down.............those tigers will eat you alive!

I like the tranq gun.
    lol that is so true. lol i tranqed the one tiger in thailand and climbed the structure. He woke up and started running around. Then i fell and had to out run him .
    "YOU CAN DIE TOO!!!" - Lara Croft
    "Get out of my sight" - Lara Croft

I don't have TRU..(*cries*) but i will use it...I like animals AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! but if they make me mad..I'll shoot the crap out of them xD
    I spiked the tea.

I used it a couple times, mainly in the second boat mission. Otherwise I used Thor's Hammer after that to kill all the thrall. Oh and on the boat I used the hammer as well.
    "no no no... my mother is dead... my mother is dead. My mother died a long time ago. You're NOT my mother." -Lara Croft

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post
    It was very hard in the area where there were bandits and kitties, I tell-you-what-man. You have to lure the kitties away from the men, tranq the kitties, then kill the men or else the men kill the kitties. It is quite challenging.....I guess I could tranq the men too, and then kill them, while the kitties sleep.....hmmmm
    Whoa, I'm not so animal friendly as this, but this sounds like a decent challenge to do...

and use the tranq gun? Perhaps. It has the potential to be the most deadly weapon of TR:U

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-bite View Post
    The big cats in TRU were cute but they were vicious! I must admit I wished I could of tranquilised Underpus, would have taken quite a few, as the I felt bad as it cried out when you impelled it.

I felt bad about it too! Poor Kraken...........
    signature image

Haven't used the tranq gun at all. I swapped to the SMGs once, but they were strangely crap. Apart from that, it's been pistols all the way for me (as always).

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-bite View Post
    I felt bad as it cried out when you impelled it.
    Same....lol....

I tried it once on tigers. It was fun to see them fall to the floor from one shot But then I realised that they were breathing and I got scared as hell! I ran fast as I could (I mean, Lara did... ) and a minut later they were jumping all around like little kittens

DS doesn't have tranq gun
    sadness
    If...no, WHEN you step out of line, you'll get it!

Rolleyes

I used it against the little spiders!

They slept so pretty

I used nothing but pistols. I tried the shotgun out and the SMGs once in Thailand and whilst effective, not as fun as pistols.

Used about two grenages and never touched the tranq gun. I guess it'd be a challenge to play only using the tranq gun...

I only used the pistols. I tried using the spear gun in the sharks in the Mediterranean, but found out it has an awful short range (the same as the pistols I'd think, with the exception it takes longer to reload). I only truly swapped weapons when I got Mjölnir, but until then, didn't use even grenades (ok, I used once in Xibalba, when I figured that dying and warping to the previous checkpoint would be simpler ).

Thumbs Up

I used it for the kitties. Thanks at Crystal for that again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast