Thread: more nvidia probs

more nvidia probs

I cant even get my TRU to run. It installs ok, but i get this msg upon startup - *Wrong DRM version data abb9a99b, code 13 rebuild of PC-W\shaderlib.drm needed*

Is that something to do with the graphics ? I have - NVIDIA gEFORCE 7050 pv, nvidia Nforce 630A - is that in the 7 - series of NVIDIA - that so many others are rporting probs ?

Im pretty new to using the PC for more than gaming, so a lot of this might be obvious to a lot of you.

Anyway - any ansas would be most welcome.
    Thanks all.

Smile

A .drm file is a texture file.

Try reinstalling the game. Make a backup of your savegames first.

It could be that your card doesn't support Pixel Shader 3.0. TRU Needs Pixel Shader 3.0 to run.
    I'm working on Beyond Revenge Lies Redemption.
    See LE section. Béta 1: 5 december 2008

Quote Originally Posted by larafriend View Post
    It could be that your card doesn't support Pixel Shader 3.0. TRU Needs Pixel Shader 3.0 to run.
    No, that is not it.

how can i find out what is exactly wrong ? a diagnostics check maybe ? As to your saying for me to save my save-games - lol - ive not been able to play it yet...
    As soon as i do - i will be sooo happy.

Any more answers are most welcome.
    Thanks everyone.

Even if you can get it to run: 7050 sounds like one of those on-board Chips... It probably won't be much fun playing it on something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    how can i find out what is exactly wrong ? a diagnostics check maybe ? As to your saying for me to save my save-games - lol - ive not been able to play it yet...
    As soon as i do - i will be sooo happy.

Any more answers are most welcome.
    Thanks everyone.
    It is telling you exactly what to do. "rebuild of PC-W\shaderlib.drm needed"

That can only be accomplished by a reinstall.

Goran, I did take notice of what you said - i did a complete re-install - but im stuck with the exact same problem - the exact same msg. But - that Felis is correct - it is an onboard chip - why wont it be much fun ? Will it lag badly or something ? I thought it was meeting the requirements ?
    Ive run Legend & Anniversary OK, but not TRU.

If I DID go out n get a new card - would that solve the problem ?

Also ive heard other people go on about the pixel shader 3.0 - if my onboard dont support it - is that the end of the problem ?

(i wanted to point out that trying to run a demo of TRU - makes my PC switch itself off - why would that be ?)

I done a little research on my geforce 7050pv - and i came up with this -:

*The IGP uses a 425MHz core clock with two pipelines, two pixel shaders, two texture units and one vertex shader so it’s a long way from any sort of graphical colossus. It does support HDR, however you’re still limited to using that OR anti-aliasing... not that we think it’s really able to run either fast enough though.*

From an official (i think) site. So does that mean im not gonna be able to play TRU on my system - unless i get a seperate graphics card ?

Yeah .. But Am Using ATI 4870 HD .. which has shader 3.0 and its pretty good card .. then why its showing me this error ? anyone can help ? and am using windows 7 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma4ever View Post
    Yeah .. But Am Using ATI 4870 HD .. which has shader 3.0 and its pretty good card .. then why its showing me this error ? anyone can help ? and am using windows 7 ..
    Are you using the latest drivers for your video card?
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Offcourse am using the latest drivers from ATI website... and also am getting this error everywhere .. everywhere means .. when it starts and ask for pc settings n all dat .. there is everywhere written (Error out of table range ).. ive uninstalled the game .. and reinstalled it .. but still getting same error... anyhelp ??