Thread: Who is Amelia?

Cool Who is Amelia?

Am I missing something vital here?
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Amelia is Lara's Mom

Haha Amelia is Lara's Mom!! Her father believed her mother was in Avalon and that's what they've been searching for. That's what Legend was about. So Underworld is a sequel to Legend but also to Anniversary or (Tomb Raider 1) as well. I can't believe you didn't know who Amelia was!!!

I haven't played TR:U, so don't know what this would have to do in a TR:U sub-forum (or why anyone would create a thread with "Amelia" in the title in a TR:U sub forum),
    but she did show up in TR:L.

http://i33.tinypic.com/n3uhcp.jpg **SPOILER BIG ONE**

thats amelia
    Oh hai

... I knew that. ... Why did I not remember???

I need holidays.

well Guys, GoranAgar has a point in asking such question not just to make fun of us or to look as if he has short term memory loss, there's a big point in here,

guys, i found this site ... although u may find it off-topic but it's about the words Amelia & Avalon and seems to be a big connection not just some kind of coincidence

http://avalon.com/avalon_pictures.htm
    if u notice at the first paragraph u'll notice both words mentioned together as if they're a pair or strongly related to each other ... while this site has nothing to do with Tomb Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer View Post
    guys, i found this site ... although u may find it off-topic but it's about the words Amelia & Avalon and seems to be a big connection not just some kind of coincidence

if u notice at the first paragraph u'll notice both words mentioned together as if they're a pair or strongly related to each other ... while this site has nothing to do with Tomb Raider.
    Funny coincidence...

or maybe not!!!and in the screenshot i realised amelias hair have another colour they are brown(in legend they where black) and amelias "bright sight" seems like 30 years old not as though 20 years have passed!!laras dopelganger had red hair dint she??maybe another doppelgganger for us..beacuse how is only amelia exclusively there,i mean why dont we see others who travelled to avalon and yeah i would accept they become thralls however they should have their looks mutated(as amelias) not transformed into brutal monsters(but i dont really think so,eidos must have realised we had enough doppelgangers...or not-hope not,hope not..)

edit:however i am sure that with these mediocre critics and many people comparing tru with tr2 we will soon have another anniversary(just to reproduct the old sucess and earn more money over rushed mediocrities that anniversaries are)and with bad comments over the storyline i am even more sure that the next game(after tthe tr2 ann) will find lara climbing somewhere far far away wearing a head set and communicating with zip and amanda(who will have given birth to zips child) and lara will be pregnant with proffesor edington(what happened with him really??) and they will all live in the other croft manor as a happy family,raiding tombs and uncovering mysteries of the past

i dont know im confused cause i noticed in anniversary Pierre says: i've acquired new evidence that leads me to believe that its the scion its self ect. and then he says: i am now convinced that if i can obtain it i would finally discover what happened to my beloved Amelia....

so i dont know :]

Quote Originally Posted by xxLara_croftxx View Post
    i dont know im confused cause i noticed in anniversary Pierre says: i've acquired new evidence that leads me to believe that its the scion its self ect. and then he says: i am now convinced that if i can obtain it i would finally discover what happened to my beloved Amelia....

so i dont know :]
    It was not Pierre: it was Richard Croft.... oddly enough he had a totaly different voice as he had in Underworld...

Erm...Goran, you okay? *backs away slowly*

EDIT: Is it some kind of riddle?

I'll assume your joking Goran as that's not something you just forget.
    I mean, it's the person that the last 3 games have revolved around.
    "I've lived many times longer than your entire civilization, but i've never seen such delicious irony..." R.I.P. Natla

I'm thinking maybe there was some ulterior motive that we're missing. ("Why did I not remember??? "...)

Quote Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer View Post
    well Guys, GoranAgar has a point in asking such question not just to make fun of us or to look as if he has short term memory loss, there's a big point in here,

I think amelia is part of Avalon, she is the link between mortals and the undead. I beleive this for severeal reasons. one is that, do you remember when natla went to open the tomb, on the last level. it showed a woman, simular to amelia, with half skined, and half meet face, then later on we actualy get to see amelia, and she has a half skin, half meet face (see blahblah persons post.)
    Dont kill a cow, eat a cowboy.

You've been working too much.
    xD

Take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Laurel View Post
    I think amelia is part of Avalon, she is the link between mortals and the undead. I beleive this for severeal reasons. one is that, do you remember when natla went to open the tomb, on the last level. it showed a woman, simular to amelia, with half skined, and half meet face, then later on we actualy get to see amelia, and she has a half skin, half meet face (see blahblah persons post.)
    The woman on the tomb was Hel, the ruler of Helheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Laurel View Post
    yep http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83300

To Goran: were you joking about this? or did you really forget about her? cause its pretty strange how a moderator forgets one of the main characters
    Oh hai

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    The woman on the tomb was Hel, the ruler of Helheim.
    What if lara's mother is hel? I found a pic of Hel, and she looked alot like Amelia (im not going to post it though, beacuse it is rather un-apropriate) but yah, i still think there is a connection between amelia, and Helheim.
    Dont kill a cow, eat a cowboy.

Amelia is CD's version of Lara's mom. And apparently the whole point and motivation behind CD's three games. As the three versions Lara's life is the pursuit of her mother's whereabouts. Honestly if I was a casual gamer, who'd played the original, I too would not know who she is.
    signature image

think of Hel as zombie creator and then it makes sense why the Amelia zombie looks like her....

Amelia is not Hel.
    If...no, WHEN you step out of line, you'll get it!

Hahaha. Nice one, Goran.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    It was not Pierre: it was Richard Croft.... oddly enough he had a totaly different voice as he had in Underworld...
    ooooooooooo lol yeah i played it again and found out :]

but he kinda does sound
    a little bit like Pierre so yeah lol