Thread: Research

Lightbulb Research

HI!
    I am a student of the Southern University of Denmark, and I am currently writing a paper about fan culture. I am a big fan of the tomb raider series myself – that’s why I chose the subject I need to have some research to back some of my thesis up in the paper; So If you have the time to spare I would be very happy, if you would answer the questions listed below. Total anonymity of cause – and if you don’t like to answer the questions in front of the other fans in here, you are welcome to write me: My e-mail is urlun05@student.sdu.dk
    Best wishes from Ursula (Mallow)

Questions
    1. Why do you visit www.tombraider.com?

2. How much time do you spend on the site?

3. What do you think of the count down in the top area of the front-page?

4. Was gameplays, demos, screenshots and news, in general, important to you in the time before Underworld came out? - Why?

5. Are you still going to use the site after you have played the new game? - How?

Thank you very much for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Mallow View Post
    HI!
    I am a student of the Southern University of Denmark, and I am currently writing a paper about fan culture. I am a big fan of the tomb raider series myself – that’s why I chose the subject I need to have some research to back some of my thesis up in the paper; So If you have the time to spare I would be very happy, if you would answer the questions listed below. Total anonymity of cause – and if you don’t like to answer the questions in front of the other fans in here, you are welcome to write me: My e-mail is urlun05@student.sdu.dk
    Best wishes from Ursula (Mallow)

Questions

4. Was gameplays, demos, screenshots and news, in general, important to you in the time before Underworld came out? - Why?

5. Are you still going to use the site after you have played the new game? - How?

Thank you very much for your time
    1. Because I like to be in the forums and I think it's interresting to read how others feel about the TR games.

2. about 20 min almost every day

3. When it was there, I always looked at it to see how much time there was left

4. Yes. Because I was very corious about the game and how it looked like.

5. Yes. Because I don't have the game yet, not until christmas. So I would like to read about what the ones who played the game thinks about it

This is mostly about the forums... oh well.

I'm emo and I want friends. *cuts self*

Nah, I visit it for TR news, and talk with people around here.

I'm either on quizilla, or here. I'm at the computer 4 hours from monday to friday, and at holidays I'm glued to it. So do the math yourself.

If you want me to be honest, I didn't even notice it.

Yep

I like to know stuff about the game before it's released.

Yes.

Discuss TR, and chat with people on the forums.
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    I'm emo and I want friends. *cuts self*

Anyway..

I came here when I was searching for TR news. I stayed cause there is a lot of info and news about it and it's nice to talk to people.

Well, my PC is always on, except when I am at school or when I sleep
    When It's on, internet explorer is active
    when internet explorer is active one of the tabs has this forum on it
    and I press F5 almost every 10-15 mins to see what has changed

I noticed it, but it's now on 000-00-00-00
    Anyway, I never watched it.. not that interesting

Yes.
    I wanted to know to know how it looked like and what the story was
    (I saw a lot of spoilers before playing it myself..)

Don't know.. after anniversary I did, but after a couple of month I had enough of discussing it and left. until after another couple of months I was curious if there was another TR game confirmed. and it was, so I stayed again.
    Don't know if it'll be the same this time.

Test your luck.. Click on one of the four smileys!

Hi Ursula,

Mostly because to check the timer. If there's any news on I usualy read it here on the forum and then followed the link

Not that much

See answer 1

It was awesome in the beginning: a real treatment to get to know something more and it was always fun to try to figure out things with the guys on the forum by looking at the screenshots, creating lots of crazy theories
    Later however, they gave away too much, and I had to avoid certain topics not to be spoilered....

Probably very little.

hey, are you making fan with that link or in true you are researching? actually i found in your conversation that you are a big fan of thombraider but many of us recently here about it . so do you want me to be a fan of this club. just clarify ,nothing else. thank you and in my answer i visit that site as you tell me to do so.
    Last edited by jingoe; 25th Oct 2015 at 05:56.