Thread: FFXIV: Waiting for the PS3 Release

FFXIV: Waiting for the PS3 Release

FFXIV: Waiting for the PS3 Release

So, I bought the original PC version of FF14, even went out and bought a 1500$ PC in order to play it because of the high requirements. Like many people, I was disappointed, infact at the time I swoere off any SE product, because it was such a let down.

Anyhow, I still have the box upstairs, and I had planned to get the PS3 version when it comes out, since it looks like it's trying hard to redeem itself. Do any of the codes for that stupid hat or such matter for anything, or is the collectors edition I bought just completely worthless to me once I get the ps3 software?

Any more information I can get about how it's going to be when I rejoin? Obviously I'll be starting from scratch.. but the people who hang in there.. do they start from scratch too, or get a prize.. how does it work for them?

Just curious, as right now I've been playing DCUO since the FF14 let down, and since then all I could think about was how I missed FF11, and wished FF14 had got it together.

So, any insight?

Steady

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question... to me, FF games should, if they have a number on them, be a single player story driven experience... MMO's can have some story telling in them but they rarely, if ever, give you the feeling that your are that bad@$$ hero, and I tend to play mmo's for fun... and with Guild Wars 2 around the corner, I can't say I am interested in a Final Fantasy MMO, especially if I am going to have to pay monthly for it (since GW2 has no subscription fee).

If they made an MMO set in Ivalice, however, sign me up XD

I'd most certainly join up for FF14 for PS3 if the subscription fees were payable via prepaid card (like a few of the paid MMOs out there)

If they use PSN, you could. Pretty sure you can buy playstation cards.

I'd like to know if i buy the ps3 version can i open my pc account in it. So i can use my account on both. sometimes i just dont want to be sitting at my computer.

I welcome a change of play......

Im pretty sure you can use one account on ps3 and pc

hi guys i'm adding this thread to ask you ppl, who is with or against buying FFXIV a realm reborn on PS3 ? and please say why

for me i will definitely buy coz i love the FF series all the way and because i really want to get to play with u guys online in this game

Unfortunately I cannot buy this game, I REALLY want to because the characters, graphics, and mechanics of this game look great, however, I draw the line at paying a monthly fee to play a game online. But I hope it is great and you enjoy!

With? Against? How come you are asking such a strange question? Either way, if I were to choose a version of the game, I believe I would pick the PS3 version. However, I do not have the time to play online games like FINAL FANTASY XIV.

I've waited for two years and will happily pay for Realm Reborn, can't wait!!!

So I recently saw screens for PS3 UI of FF:ARR, and now I'm curious...
    When can we apply for the beta!?!?
    I'm so happy to see it going well, I hope they reveal a video soon .
    So hyped that its progress inches closer and closer to completion everyday.

"...make sure you keep an eye on the blog because we’ll be back in the near future with some PS3 gameplay footage. "

eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/first-final-f...

What is the Date XIV comes out for the PS3 anyone know.

Originally Posted by FinalFantasy107
    What is the Date XIV comes out for the PS3 anyone know.
    I don't SE anounced an exact date yet. But they said it will be 1st quarter of next year. So it should be on or before April 2013.

Well, Tomb Raider is due to the 5th of march, and I don't think they will overleap big releases, so, maybe late march, early april.

There has been no set date for the release of the PlayStation 3 version of A Realm Reborn. The only currently known information is that the Alpha test for the Windows version of the game will be starting in the end of October.

Beta testing for the PC and PS3 versions will follow soon after. They do not intend to rush the final product out, as that was the biggest issue with the original release in 2010, so I would say that you won't see the final product released until maybe March or April 2013.

When FFXIV comes out for the PS3 will I be able to use my acount that I have on the PC for the PS3 or is that a waste of time, I have been waiting for the PS3 verison since it came out on the PC. And then when it was supposed to come out and the date got changed I was upset so I hope it does come out in January and lives up to the game play that the PC version does. Will they also be the same where if you have a Character on the PC side you be able to see it when you are on the PS3 side.

All the data is saved server side, so you will absoluetly be able to play as the same character on PC and PS3.

Omg.. the feel from FF:XIV today. From the music to the T-storms and strong mobs.. and to the music again. Its like, you can feel the end of XIV coming. It all goes together so well, I wish I were able to play.