Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678

Thread: Vampire Clan Speculation

Vampire Clan Speculation

Originally Posted by Sataine
    And don't forget that the clans have barely started their devolution. The Razielim are only more advanced in it because of their deprivation of fresh, human blood. The clans won't fully devolve to their Soul Reaver forms for centuries to come.
    Yeah exactly! It doesn't fit in with this time period. I mean in the Turelim were able to attack you with telekinetic blasts in Soul Reaver, yet we don't see them having this ability at all in the time of Nosgoth's setting. So why should the other clan's have their devolved abilities yet? People seem to want Soul Reaver era vampire abilities that don't fit in with what I understand to be the current state of the vampires evolution in Nosgoth. This is the point I have been trying to make, the abilities and appearance of the clans have to be alot more subtle, more hinting in the direction they eventually take. In my own personal opinion that is.

Originally Posted by GeorgeCST
    DeIYIon has a point, you can't have all the clans be ambushers, According to Daniel Cabuco the Melchiahim were Scientists, Necromancers and Blood manipulators so maybe they can be a caster/buffer type of class with low damage capabilities. Not sure what spells they could have, maybe even use some weird gadgets.
    This is actually an interesting concept, I mean we know the alchemists stole some of their knowledge from vampires in order to take the fight back to them. So what's to say the vampires wouldn't also use alchemy or any other experimental aides/weapons in their fight against the humans?
    I think this would be a better suggestion than mine for the Melchahim than mine. My suggestion is too similar to Soul Reaver era.
    Last edited by DeIYIon; 28th Jan 2014 at 04:26.
    signature image

Lets see what the team comes up with

I'm sure if the game is a success they will include all clans in the future...and more human diversity as well most likely.

Well the Rahabim, could have a limited venom spit ability. They launch a acidic projectile that deals damage over time to anyone who it hits.

They don't necessarily have to be fish people, they could also be reptile people. Think about it, the Rahabim did look a lot like cobras. They could have a venomous bite, that deals damage over time etc. Scales on the skin could give a little extra armor/endurance. Reptiles can also be fast runners, I mean the list goes on and on.

Oooh, that´s a nice comparison - they do have cobra like "fins" on their back, I´ve thought it is something I´ve seen somewhere, but couldn´t remember.

Originally Posted by Badmojoman
    Well the Rahabim, could have a limited venom spit ability. They launch a acidic projectile that deals damage over time to anyone who it hits.

They don't necessarily have to be fish people, they could also be reptile people. Think about it, the Rahabim did look a lot like cobras. They could have a venomous bite, that deals damage over time etc. Scales on the skin could give a little extra armor/endurance. Reptiles can also be fast runners, I mean the list goes on and on.
    The bite could be customised so you could choose between a snake bite that poisons the enemy and a shark bite that does extra damage.

The venom-spit would have to be short range because of the melee vs ranged rule. I once suggested a short range, but wide angle spray, but maybe those could be swappable, since the anim would be pretty much the same and only the PFX and effect on enemies would be different.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Badmojoman

Yeah this is good, The venomous bite could work well as a damage over time or possibly slow movement speed? due to toxin seizing up the victims muscles.
    signature image

If the Tyrant is the big tank class then I would wonder if there will be a medium tank. I would also thing a AOE vampire with mist, rot, vaporized poison, or some other close range cloud might be good and might mess with people skill at hitting vampires. Are bodies persistence, if so the Melchahim could have a lot of play with them, such as making them into proximity bombs or letting them heal people more. I see the Melchahim doing some of the really disgusting tactics, throwing heads or using maggots (like the infested one from battle realms lotus clans.

melchiahim - burrow is a great concept, much could be done with this for unique gameplay.

eg. burrow could cleanse burning & start regen immediately, but the vamp cannot move while burrowed ( direct attacks still hit burrowed vamps, but no fire--force of the arrow / explosion can penetrate the burrowed soil, but no oxygen for fire to burn ).

then certain unlocked abilities might only be available while burrowed ( eg. corrupted earth--which could either support vampires &/or affect humans in some way, but would automatically give away burrowed position, & fit with the necromancer / blood manipulator theme while providing support-style abilities for vampires in a close-proximity design ).

edit: added explosion to what can hit burrow, since the sentinel already soft-counters the alchemist.
    Last edited by faeral; 15th Feb 2014 at 11:42.

If you watch the official gameplay vid that was released it shows you what the different classes did, including the new deceiver which is the Zephonim vampire. Far as I can tell, only things that aren't covered for vampires are a high speed scouting class that can do hit and run, something I think is perfect for Rahabim, I recall some lore mentioning they excelled at scouting. Maybe with a name like Eliminator or Harrower, the poison spit is an excellent theme for them, maybe something single target focused? Or give them some kind of ground based spit puddle that slows humans, allowing the Rahabim, to get in, do some damage then drop their puddle to help them run away.

For the Melchiahim, I really like the burrow idea but I think it should be an attack. Like... "Burrow, dive forward under the ground, coming up X amount of feet away, enemies are blinded by the dirt and fall down from the ruptured ground." A short stun/blind could work well with them. I like the idea of a vampire support class but I don't know if it fits the game very well.

Rahabim - I just watched a full playthrough of SR1 to get a feel for what the world looks like after this game takes place. The Rahabim fledglings definitely looked like cobra-inspired amphibians, like mentioned above.

I like the venom concept. Theme could apply to short range conal spray, ground target spit & single target venomous bites.

Rahabim could also have something like a non-targeted Slide attack that leaves a residue in a trail as a debuffing skillshot. Could use to engage or disengage.

Yeah I think the Rahabim would be a good choice considering vampires need a fast scouting class which the Rahabim excel at according to lore. Plus the poison bite and spit ideas are cool in my opinion and the shark bite for extra damage.

Don't forget that all of the clans so far have an escape ability(probably because of the ranged vs melee),the turelim have sustain, the razielim can leap to the air, and the dumahim can dodge projectiles. In my opinion the other clans need to have an escape ability too.

I was just having a look through some of the ideas from earlier on in Nosgoth's development and found this thread. Perhaps it's time to revisit a few of them?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Here's a idea of mine that fits with that.

The Impaler:
    "Formed to emulate the Vampire hunters of old: the Legendary
    Sarafan Order, who where renowned for there brutal use of the Pike in
    combating the Vampire Scourge of their time.The Impaler's have embraced this Legacy full heartedly even going as far to forge their armour in the image of the old Orders in an effort to simultaneously embolden fellow humans familiar with the tale and drive fear into the Black Hearts of similarly knowing Vampires.

In the Days to come their Greatest Victory against the
    Vampires will be when they lead the storming of Lord Dumah's fortress using
    his own arrogance to launch a surprise attack and win the day by Skewering
    the Evolved Vampire onto his very throne."

Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678