Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PS3 Midgard Serpent Gap Problem (surprise, surprise...)

This is useless since I do not have an auto save file from before. Not acceptable. Not interested in playing the whole game over. Will call again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by l0c0pr0 View Post
    Apparently the way to avoid the bug is to do both of these:
    1. place the skull first and the jaguar head second.
    2. After retrieving the skull, do not go out using the grappling hook. Use the gap in the front temple door.

In my second playthrough (not by choice...) I did both of the above and the glitch was not there.

This game is not even worth as a rental. I hope they let this franchise slip away gracefully. There is nothing Tomb Raider can offer the gaming community but nostalgia. And that is not worth $60.
    l have played the game 4 times on the PC and that section twice on the XBox 360, always l have done the puzzle in the order you came to the areas, Jaguar head then Skull, never had a problem with the ramps. A patch will eventually be released to fix the problem, PC players can easily get past the glitch with a save game, Xbox 360 players can just restart the level/chapter and try again, it is only the PS3 players left out in the cold till a patch is released. l believe you can download PS3 game saves though and use them. When playing the game on anything but the Xbox 360 obviously it is best to manually save the game at the start of each level, both for replaying and if something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerVivaldi View Post
    So I am having issues with the gap in the Xibalba underground lair what-have-you. After the spikey pit of almost death, I rode the motorcycle down as far as I could go, to find the lowered ramp and the levers to raise it on the other side. As much as I tried to speed-jump, I can't get across. I tried to restart the level, and do the skull on the calander first then the jaguar head, but it's still the same.

Am I just doing it wrong, or is this a glitch that can be fixed?
    i used the jaguar head first and then the scull and i had no problems with it what so ever for the ps3, made it on my first try

Quote Originally Posted by Dulle View Post

I had finished the game, so I never ran into this problem. I did what Eidos's solution to the bug: go in to the building with the first calander before you go anywhere else so that you activate the cinematic. (I'm replaying the game, but right now I'm still in the Med, but when I get there, I'll screw it up on purpose.)

What I did run into though was after the jump and resetting the ramp on the other side, one of the three spiders doesn't come up out of the pit. Just sits down at the bottom scurrying his little legs. Happens every time.

Same for me

I have exactly the same problem, and I'm quite annoyed. I don't mind small problems but this is an end-of-game problem. What sort of software is this?

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing with other games? What do you do?

The Ramp Issue

I am a really dissapointed in tomb raider...the creaters should be more careful and mindful when developing a HIT game such as tomb raider...but unfortunately the ramp-bug has dissapointed the fans worldwide...i had to use some tru exe and activate a super-jump to overcome the problem..for the first time in my tomb raider life...i had to cheat..what makes it worse is that the uncertainty that grows as once you face such an issue..i am not sure about the consistency of the game anymore..there is an ambiguity everywhere when i got stucked next time..i was forced to think whether i have missed something or there is ANOTHER DAMN bug..so TR developers..please do more testing on this things before you release a damn version...i'm really dissapointed and i have completed all the previous TR games..guys you are losing fans..

p.s How to fix the bug

Solution 1 (working):

download this exe===: here

run both the exe's at the same time activate the super jump that is shift+j then press space several times as you get near the ramp then pull the switch down and bring the bike

Solution 2 (I'm not sure whether this is working)

reload the level. Then place the tiger skull on the calender 1 BEFORE placing the skull on the calender 2. Then the poles will appear near the ramps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjhieu View Post
    So everybody has this bug. Why doesnt eidos bring us any patch to fix this annoying bug?
    I have the ps3 bersion and never encounterd this bug, infact i havn't had any bugs...up till today, I was plaing the andam sea level, and every time i went to play, the screen truned black... but eventualy i got it to stop (i dont know how though)

As for your problem, did you try reving up the tires before you attempted to make the jump? (hold down brake and accelorate at the same time, then let go of the brake and you go flying forward)
    Dont kill a cow, eat a cowboy.

PS3 user here.

I had almost no problems with this part. The only problem I had was scaring my cat awake when I screamed bloody murder when the giant tarantulas appeared after I raised the third bridge. It took me 3 tries to get the speed start on the motorcycle down, but I made it over the gap. It truly is bizarre that so many are experiencing this 'glitch.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mjhieu View Post
    So everybody has this bug. Why doesnt eidos bring us any patch to fix this annoying bug?
    no... i disagree i also got the ps3 version and i didn't have ONE issue. even the camera was just fine! the only problem for me w/ TR:U was it was wayy too short!
    signature image

Patch

Hi guys,there is a patch for pc here:
    http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...atches_pc.html

For the others/ps3,wii,xbox360/ just a workaround:

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/...=981&nav=0,981

Select your system and read.

Good luck
    There are 10 types of people in the world.
    Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The glitch seems to be linear. I had this problem of the first ramp being down, so I took the advice above: I got the jaguar head and set that half of the calendar, then got the skull and set the second half. After I drove inside and the cutscene finished, I found that both the first and second ramps were up.

The glitch is caused by dying at a point in the game the developers obviously never thought anyone would, so it never came up in testing. It was fixed with the patch that was released over a year ago so this thread is a bit old and outdated now.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Hi, Im up to the serpant level where im supposed to move a rock to be able to get my bike through. but it wont let me. lara says i have everything i need and the rock actually does glow when i approach it but it wont show the triangle or let me move it??? please help!!

ive just found out from another site that ive got the bug and its activated which has wiped the item i needed to move the rock. Now i have to start the game all over again because i saved it too far into the game!!! aarggghhhh! >

I just wanted to add that the "ramp" bug in the Midgard Serpent section is not the only bug you can encounter on the Southern Mexico level. There's about 3 more of them (all listed in Stella's TRU walkthrough) and I encountered one that forced me to go back a few steps and redo part of that section. I ended up losing the Xibalba Key (the one you pick up right after you've entered the gates) so I couldn't get out of the place and move on to the next level. Fortunately for me, I constantly do game saves (usually right after I've completed a particularly hard part where Lara died a lot) so I didn't have to go too far back.

If this ever happens to anyone, it might be not because you died somewhere odd but rather because you had Lara push the big glowing pillar back into its groove before rotating the small circular pillar which gets Thor to lower his head (right before you got get the Relic). You're supposed to do the opposite. I know that's what I did the first time around but I didn't do it afterward and I didn't lose the key a second time.

The Mexico level is a very buggy one, indeed...

but how can I reach to other side at te beginning of Xibalba?
    Could someone also answer me by a private mager?

So if I start over whit the level before The Midgard Serpent I can continua?
    Also I'm going to try that!

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
    The glitch is caused by dying at a point in the game the developers obviously never thought anyone would, so it never came up in testing. It was fixed with the patch that was released over a year ago so this thread is a bit old and outdated now.
    And you are full of it.

Here it is 2012, game bought on steam, updated to latest by steam, and three times redoing this entire level up to this point, and the blastid bridge is down (zero deaths for two of the runs).

I call BS, and Eidos are pretty pathetic to still be selling this game with no fix in place.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234