Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 94

Thread: PS3 Midgard Serpent Gap Problem (surprise, surprise...)

  1. #51

    Big Grin :(

    I guess if only someone posts a save game(PC) right after crossing the 3/4 ramps with the bike would solve our problem easily. Would ne 1 be tat kind to post our desired file?plzzz

  2. #52

    serpent bug

    I had this on my Xbox 360 and went mental before I found out it is a bug. I tried going back to the start of the level (many times) but it didn't make any difference. In the end I erased all my save files and started from the beginning. What a pain. Sod all the treasures etc. Anyway just before I got to the Midgard level I saved the game, deleted all the auto saves and continued. This time I went to the left side of the stadium (as you face the door into it via the ramp) , and set the cogwheels before doing the other side. The first time I had done it the other way round and the towers on one side came down. Working this way means a faster getaway - dive through the low gap, straight onto our bike which you have left conveniently outside, and round to the door. Don't take the ramp down too fast or you hit the roof and stop short of the entrance. I got in in one go this time and the ramps were up. Yippee. I think the problem is caused when the pillars in the stadium come down on one side, not anything before as I did all that the same. If you can't restart a level, as on the xbox version, save game at a suitable place just before hand and load that. The main thing is to go back to the level before. I have contacted Eidos about it, but they don't seem too fussed. I bet they're panicking in the boardroom though. Good.
    Thanks everybody for keeping me nearly sane.

  3. #53
    Geez, came here looking for a solution and discover it's a bug? A gameplay killing bug in a game of this magnitude? My goodness, I don't know what to say.

    Are we absolutey sure this is a bug? Is there perhaps a lever somewhere for raising the bridge?

    If it is a bug, how about giving me a few copies before your next release and I'll have it beta tested properly for you.

  4. #54
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A WORKING SAVE FILE FOR THE PS3?

    All you have to do is stick a USB key into the PS3, copy the file, and then put the USB key in your computer and post it somewhere (like here - http://rapidshare.com/)

    I would be very grateful, because even though the Eidos tech told me about a week, I don't really know how long it will actually take

  5. #55
    OK, Here's the deal, I did get across the first and second span and then looked back after stopping the bike. The first ramps were down so they are on a timer. The reset is from climbing the wall with the two wall poles, jumping across to the other sides wall pole and then hanging from an outcropping that is built into a pole that is part of the wall, right next to the pit. This makes the ramps go up for a limited time and then they go down again.



    There is a similar set up so you can continue past the third pit. The difference is if the ramps are down when you enter, there is no way to re set them to get across. Design flaw in the game. There should be no timer on the ramps when you enter the tomb, but rather a trigger when you go across them. It looks like if you get in the tomb the first time you do the Mayan calander, you have to head down the hallways and jump the pit immediately to make it or you have to restart the level.

  6. #56
    Okay, so maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's a timed bridge and it can be reset by going back to the start of the level and motoring down there quickly. Can somebody test this? I've restarted the game and won't be back there for a while.


  7. #57
    Well that may be so, but unfortunately once you're at the place with the gap you are locked in. You need another jaguar head to get out again, and you can only get that from completing the puzzles further down the temple. You're in a catch-22 again.

    The only way to avoid this is to save before you do anything in the area, which probably won't help a lot of people (me included) who have saved after going in the door thinking that Crystal Dynamics surely won't have left such a big gamebreaking problem in the game, especially since it was the start of a new area.

  8. #58
    Maybe it can be reset from within the level is what I meant Has anyone tried driving back up and then motoring down quickly to see if the bridge is on a timer from within the level?

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by waffledad View Post
    OK, Here's the deal, I did get across the first and second span and then looked back after stopping the bike. The first ramps were down so they are on a timer. The reset is from climbing the wall with the two wall poles, jumping across to the other sides wall pole and then hanging from an outcropping that is built into a pole that is part of the wall, right next to the pit. This makes the ramps go up for a limited time and then they go down again.
    I ran into this bug - there are no poles accessible from the side you enter. You can see the poles by the third ramp through the camera but can't reach them. When I replayed, having done the calendars in a different order, the ramps were there - so it's not a timing issue it's a bug - unless it's different on different platforms - I play PC

  10. #60

    The level thats before it doesn't has to do with anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Callum Croft View Post


    I know this sounds silly but it worked for me, when you put the statue heads back on the Mayan calender, you have to put the skull head on first. Because putting the jaguar head on first sets this glitch off!
    Hey guys, stop talking about the calenders and the heads this is ridiculous. The problem is with initializing the area that you are stuck in. when a level starts the game initializes the hole area so it doesn't has to load every single move you play.
    When the game is initializing this level, sometimes it makes this kind of glitch. I have the same copy installed on two PCs one made this glitch and the other didn't !

    All you need to do is to save from the place you are about to enter the amazing stupid gate.

    unfortunately I didn't save my game at all since the beginning . The only save I have is right in front of the broken bridge. so I am hopefully waiting for the patch so I can continue with the game.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverEternalRaider View Post
    I ran into the exact same problem, playing the PC version. I retried in several different ways and none of them worked, except when I loaded a rather old save file at the start of Mexico and went through the entire level again. Then I placed the jaguar head first, the skull second.

    I didn't expect it to work but the ramps were up this time. I'm not sure if this works if you're using a save file relatively far into the level though. Either way it's a very annoying glitch and it's rather pathetic how you can't just restart the level from the menu - only when you've saved. More thought should have gone into that!

    Please, help give me your save.
    upload it on zshare.net

  12. #62
    I had contacted Eidos Support about this issue/bug last week, here is the response I got back today;

    Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

    We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

    Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

    We apologize for the inconvenience.

  13. #63

    Midgard Serpent Game Save

    I just found this collection of PC game saves linked from another forum. It contains the Midgard Serpent chapter and when I extracted that one into my saves folder, launched & loaded, and then drove down to the first pit - the first two ramps were UP!!

    I can't tell his/her game save from mine, aside from he/she chose a different gun than I did at the start of this area.

    It's a shame we pay a lot of money for a broken game, and have to resort to bumming saves off other people lucky enough to have escaped the bug..

    Eidos needs to spend some of our money on TESTING.

    Thread containing the link to the game saves archive:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140259

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2
    What the Hel of the bug!!!

    I donlt have save of pervious chapter and I don;t want use other one's save dam..
    They should release a patch to fix it rather than do nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by DMBehm View Post
    I had contacted Eidos Support about this issue/bug last week, here is the response I got back today;

    Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

    We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

    Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

    We apologize for the inconvenience.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtraider View Post
    Yep - that's about it - just the order of the artifacts - nothing else seems to affect it - saves, kills, secrets or the way/order you go through the level etc btw when the ramps are down they just hang down into the pitsyou have to jump accross - it all looks as though it should be like that. I was trying for hours to get over - used field assistance for the first time and it obviously didn't help as it was telling me what to do after I'd jumped the ramp
    PATCH, PATCH, PATCH.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverEternalRaider View Post
    I ran into the exact same problem, playing the PC version. I retried in several different ways and none of them worked, except when I loaded a rather old save file at the start of Mexico and went through the entire level again. Then I placed the jaguar head first, the skull second.

    I didn't expect it to work but the ramps were up this time. I'm not sure if this works if you're using a save file relatively far into the level though. Either way it's a very annoying glitch and it's rather pathetic how you can't just restart the level from the menu - only when you've saved. More thought should have gone into that!
    Same here, on PS3. except I had to restart the entire game due to lack of "saving" planning on my part.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgrahamo View Post
    I had this on my Xbox 360 and went mental before I found out it is a bug. I tried going back to the start of the level (many times) but it didn't make any difference. In the end I erased all my save files and started from the beginning. What a pain. Sod all the treasures etc. Anyway just before I got to the Midgard level I saved the game, deleted all the auto saves and continued. This time I went to the left side of the stadium (as you face the door into it via the ramp) , and set the cogwheels before doing the other side. The first time I had done it the other way round and the towers on one side came down. Working this way means a faster getaway - dive through the low gap, straight onto our bike which you have left conveniently outside, and round to the door. Don't take the ramp down too fast or you hit the roof and stop short of the entrance. I got in in one go this time and the ramps were up. Yippee. I think the problem is caused when the pillars in the stadium come down on one side, not anything before as I did all that the same. If you can't restart a level, as on the xbox version, save game at a suitable place just before hand and load that. The main thing is to go back to the level before. I have contacted Eidos about it, but they don't seem too fussed. I bet they're panicking in the boardroom though. Good.
    Thanks everybody for keeping me nearly sane.
    I doubt they care. They probably are hoping the US bails them out like every other company that has no idea what they are doing

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by cinletharwi View Post
    It's a shame we pay a lot of money for a broken game, and have to resort to bumming saves off other people lucky enough to have escaped the bug..

    Eidos needs to spend some of our money on TESTING.

    Thread containing the link to the game saves archive:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140259
    And to think X-Play gave it a 3 out of 5. Eidos must have sent them the best copy they had.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by xoliilox View Post
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A WORKING SAVE FILE FOR THE PS3?

    All you have to do is stick a USB key into the PS3, copy the file, and then put the USB key in your computer and post it somewhere (like here - http://rapidshare.com/)

    I would be very grateful, because even though the Eidos tech told me about a week, I don't really know how long it will actually take
    Do you know which file(s) you need? The USB I copied my game to has 4 files and the site you have posted will only let me post one at a time, instead of the entire folder. (sys-data file, .pfd file, .png file and .sfo file) I don't think I will post the first file, looks to much like system data, sounds personnal.

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by DMBehm View Post
    I had contacted Eidos Support about this issue/bug last week, here is the response I got back today;

    Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

    We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

    Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

    We apologize for the inconvenience.

    Same:

    Just an update. I got a response back from Eidos tech support at 9:36 A.M. Nov 26th and didn't read it until now. Here's the response I got:

    "Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

    We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

    Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

    We apologize for the inconvenience."

    To me this is very poor tech support. They didn't even acknowledge there's an issue or ask any questions. They just said start from an earlier save which is unacceptable in todays world.

  21. #71
    Do you know which file(s) you need? The USB I copied my game to has 4 files and the site you have posted will only let me post one at a time, instead of the entire folder. (sys-data file, .pfd file, .png file and .sfo file) I don't think I will post the first file, looks to much like system data, sounds personnal.
    Thanks for trying to do this. I would just convert the whole folder named "PS3" into a .zip file, and then post that. I have a feeling that they are all required...

    Thanks again for trying to do this!

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by DMBehm View Post
    And to think X-Play gave it a 3 out of 5. Eidos must have sent them the best copy they had.
    I must have bought their best copy as well. I never had a glitch the whole game.
    "no no no... my mother is dead... my mother is dead. My mother died a long time ago. You're NOT my mother." -Lara Croft

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by xoliilox View Post
    I spoke to eidos and they have no solution at the moment. The woman I spoke to wasn't even sure that anyone was working on it, but when she checked with the higher-ups, they were indeed looking into it, but had only started today... They said it would probably be about a week
    Any news on this? I'm surprised we've not had anyone comment on this from Eidos, considering these are their forums. I can sort of understand where they're coming from saying to play from another save, but you'd have thought they'd have mentioned the possibility of a patch coming out in the next few days...

  24. #74
    I have download save game from this site.
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140259

  25. #75
    I ran in to this glitch over the weekend. Spent an hour wondering how I could be so stupid that I couldn't get over the first pit, broke down and looked up a solution on the internet (i hate doing that), and discovered this game-stopping bug. What a disappointment. The fact that it hasn't been acknowledged is the worst part - if I knew they were working on it, maybe that would make it better. Reverting back to an old save or starting the game over is in every way completely unacceptable. There are a lot of games out there, and I don't have the time or desire to replay this one no matter how fun it was. You spend $60 on a game, and you expect to be able to complete it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •