Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Midgard Serpent Gap Problem (surprise, surprise...)

Seriously! I tried both scenarios when I had the glitch. Once you're in the Midgard Serpent Level there is no way to get out to try again without re-starting (either from a previous save or letting the game reload), there is no ledge, there is no pole. The first ramp, after the pit of death cut-scene is supposed to be RAISED. Jaguar Head 1st, Skull 2nd: Skull 1st, Jaguar Head 2nd should not make any difference in a video game that has been designed properly.

This situation is ridiculous.

Eidos and Crystal Dynamics are going to hear from me...

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraider View Post
    I had it and didn't actually bother with a screen shot

It looks just like it does with the first and second ramps up, only they're down and you can see all the way accross to the third ramp but can't get there - nothing else is different.

Remember - skull first then the jaguar head people! It doesn't seem to be affected by saving/auto saving after completing the puzzle
    Why should the order of how I place things make any difference in the platforms and games available today?

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider27 View Post
    Hey, if its a glitch then just reset the console as i had a glitch in the last level and everything went dark. So i reset my system and it went back to normal. If this doesn't work then it must be a serious glitch. However, there should be a pole nearby on the wall which you then jump from the wall onto the pole and the same again. You then jump to the ledge which then lowers down and brings the ramp up for you to get across. You might wanna reverse back and then speed up to get across. Hope this helps
    Yeah, the pole to jump too is at the end of the level, I've got that. This thread is discussing the beginning of the Midgard Serpent level, (after the narrow escape from the spike filled pit). The first ramp is not up, I can not jump the bike across. You know what I mean? Congradulations on getting past this level without the current problem we are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by l0c0pr0 View Post
    This situation is ridiculous.

Eidos and Crystal Dynamics are going to hear from me...
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DMBehm View Post
    What platform are you using?
    Restarting is unacceptable. I should only have to play a level once without problems. This is still a problem that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    Ah, ok, thanks for explaining it to me
    At first when I got to that point I thought that I had that bug and was starting to get angry, but then I found out I could raise the ramps () and after that I had no problem

BTW, I also put the skull on first and the jaguar head on second. Is this really what sets of the glitch? If I do it the other way around I mean?
    Yep - that's about it - just the order of the artifacts - nothing else seems to affect it - saves, kills, secrets or the way/order you go through the level etc btw when the ramps are down they just hang down into the pitsyou have to jump accross - it all looks as though it should be like that. I was trying for hours to get over - used field assistance for the first time and it obviously didn't help as it was telling me what to do after I'd jumped the ramp

Big Grin yippe

just thought id say that ive done this bit....alls ya gave to do is put the skull head on first i did however start the game over, but thats no prblem
    The most boring signiture on the whole forum

I'm glad I have no idea what your talking about. PS3 version for me and there was no glitches in the whole level.
    "no no no... my mother is dead... my mother is dead. My mother died a long time ago. You're NOT my mother." -Lara Croft

I have a PS3 and have the ramps down

not good

need patch asap

Apparently the way to avoid the bug is to do both of these:
    1. place the skull first and the jaguar head second.
    2. After retrieving the skull, do not go out using the grappling hook. Use the gap in the front temple door.

In my second playthrough (not by choice...) I did both of the above and the glitch was not there.

This game is not even worth as a rental. I hope they let this franchise slip away gracefully. There is nothing Tomb Raider can offer the gaming community but nostalgia. And that is not worth $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    I read about this glitch by a mistake before I played the level, and I was hoping that I wouldn't get it. And fortunatly I didn't! *phew*
    Can someone post a screenshot or something of the glitch, if it's possible I mean? I want to see what it looks like.

I have submitted a ticket to Eidos and will let you all know what I find out. This shouldn't happen this way as it is frustrating.

We need to help each other Guys

look every buddy, it seems that Eidos didn't even know what's happening, so all we need to do is to help each other out.
    all we need from the people who passed this problem is to give us a saved game just after that ridiculous glitch.
    its easy to be done some people will give saved games for PS3 and some for PC and ...etc.

so please guys, if anyone of you don't have this glitch just help us get passed it, and we will all appreciate it.

didn't anyone of you want to be a true hero in his life. its your chance take it .

but what i am not understanding is that, how did the game testers of Eidos didn't see this stupid glitch or did they even test it .

Best Regards, Abdul Razzak Fallaha.

Post Hum

Quote Originally Posted by l0c0pr0 View Post
    Apparently the way to avoid the bug is to do both of these:
    1. place the skull first and the jaguar head second.
    2. After retrieving the skull, do not go out using the grappling hook. Use the gap in the front temple door.

In my second playthrough (not by choice...) I did both of the above and the glitch was not there.

This game is not even worth as a rental. I hope they let this franchise slip away gracefully. There is nothing Tomb Raider can offer the gaming community but nostalgia. And that is not worth $60.
    I placed the jaguar head first then the skull, then once I went to next level the ramp was up, not down like before. You said skull first. I did the jaguar head first. I remember what I did and so it worked for me is all I am saying.

I spoke to eidos and they have no solution at the moment. The woman I spoke to wasn't even sure that anyone was working on it, but when she checked with the higher-ups, they were indeed looking into it, but had only started today... They said it would probably be about a week

I'd really rather not wait a week, so if anyone has a PS3 save file, I'd really love it if you posted it

Post I had the bug also

I had the bug to and I am on xbox 360. I just went into my memory and deleted the level, the Mexico level and the bike level, then I went into the game a loaded from croft manner, the 2nd one, which does not take long to do. So then when I started the mexico level it was new because not in my memory on xbox 360. Make sure you place lions head on the crank to turn the wheel, not the skull to turn the wheel, cause it won't work if you do. The first time the bridge was down, so I went back again after trying to figure it out. I did lions head first then the skull..Then once I went to next level the bridge was up, well it worked for me, so maybe it will for you. hope this helps. Some people say do the skull head first but I didn't and it worked is all I know and I completed the game. Ya the first time I did the lions head, then glitch, but the 2nd time I did in the same order and no glitch, is all I know.

from what I am reading here, it doesn't matter which system you are using and the glitch appears no matter which order you do this. If you don't see it, you are lucky as I have tried doing the jaguar and skull head both ways and both times the ramps are down.

As well, the sonar shows them as up, (even though they are down) so this sounds like it was something that was going to be a switch or activation that would trigger them to do this but they left it out of the game, but didn't remove the code.

The only way that you can currently get by on this is if you delete that entire level (assuming you have a save file from the previous level) and go at it again with the hopes that it works for you.

Over the years I have developed a save method of saving after anything that I found challenging so I wouldn't have to repeat it and I would use all the save slots incrementally (if there are a limited number of them) so that if something messed up, I could go back a couple of saves.

In the event of a game like this that is only limited to how much hard drive space, I usually make 5-10 save spots and when I finish a level, I leave that last save file and rotate through the new 5-10 spots without touching the "end-level" save (unless there is a restart level feature).

Looks like I'll be going back to restart this level again... d'oh!

Ok, here's what I found. I have done the level from the start and did the Jaguar first (on purpose) and then the skull. I then made it to the opening to the tombs on the 1st try and the ramp was up. I also didn't die at all. So the order of the skull/jaguar is incorrect.

All the other times that the ramp was down, I missed getting to the caves the first time and had to reopen it. I am thinking that if you don't make it the first time, it will be down the second. It could possibly be that if you let it close and reset it the 3rd time, it may be up again (I have a save file to test this as well but want to finish the game first). Will update when I get to try this.

I did the jaguar skull first as well. completed the first calender. Then I went, cleared the area at the second calender then collected the skull. The bridge was up for me.

Maybe I followed the ideal route Lara was suppose to take and it put the bridge up. I don't know. I'll see if I have this problem again when I play the game through a second time. Which I will once I finish it the first time.
    "no no no... my mother is dead... my mother is dead. My mother died a long time ago. You're NOT my mother." -Lara Croft

Hi guys. New user, just to complain about this one problem. On PS3, btw.

Also, I did the jaguar head first, then the skull, and yes I did escape by the hole in the pillars since I had to fight my way back to the ball court. And the same gap problem. Maybe when I fell off the bike, or when I had to move the jaguar calendar back into position for the second try, maybe they had some effect?

Like you all I'm pretty narked about this. I'm sorry, but I'm just not restarting.
    Still at least they know and are doing something about it. So it looks like a week until a patch is released? That's fair enough IMO, I mean, they had a weekend off and it's not really possible to release a patch on the day a game comes out, since they won't know about the problem until they get their first (100?, 1000?) complaint(s). Of course, if they released it so it didn't need patching, that's a different story... Maybe all of us could apply to be alpha testers?

But you know what I absolutely love? Using the PDA sonar map, the ramp is up.

Oh, and one more thing, I hope that the patch isn't 360 exclusive DLC.

hey all. n e 1 help me restart level on ps3 version. stuck at the same dreaded gap

Big Grin The Answer To Your Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mjhieu View Post
    Yes, I did it as what you said, and I still got bug, no matter what I do, I still face it. . Mine is PC version. Then all platforms face this bug. And Eidos still has no patch fix now.
    I know this sounds silly but it worked for me, when you put the statue heads back on the Mayan calender, you have to put the skull head on first. Because putting the jaguar head on first sets this glitch off!
    The most boring signiture on the whole forum

Rolleyes

I ran into the exact same problem, playing the PC version. I retried in several different ways and none of them worked, except when I loaded a rather old save file at the start of Mexico and went through the entire level again. Then I placed the jaguar head first, the skull second.

I didn't expect it to work but the ramps were up this time. I'm not sure if this works if you're using a save file relatively far into the level though. Either way it's a very annoying glitch and it's rather pathetic how you can't just restart the level from the menu - only when you've saved. More thought should have gone into that!
    We're too young to reason, too grown up to dream

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast