Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Midgard Serpent Gap Problem (surprise, surprise...)

PS3 Midgard Serpent Gap Problem (surprise, surprise...)

So I am having issues with the gap in the Xibalba underground lair what-have-you. After the spikey pit of almost death, I rode the motorcycle down as far as I could go, to find the lowered ramp and the levers to raise it on the other side. As much as I tried to speed-jump, I can't get across. I tried to restart the level, and do the skull on the calander first then the jaguar head, but it's still the same.

Am I just doing it wrong, or is this a glitch that can be fixed?

The route of this bug might be in the ruined temple where you used the grapple to pull the stone from the top of the pillar to smash the hole in the floor to collect one of the items.

Apparently you HAVE to exit that area using the gap above the door and not climb out using the grapple line to exit the way you came in.

Try that

I did that already both times. I never used the Grapple again to get out.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

So everybody has this bug. Why doesnt eidos bring us any patch to fix this annoying bug?

Sorry, I got that information from another thread. I haven't had any problems or bugs with the game myself. Hope someone can offer some help for you soon though.

Thanks! This is just so annoying...hopefully Edios will release a patch soon.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Yes, I did it as what you said, and I still got bug, no matter what I do, I still face it. . Mine is PC version. Then all platforms face this bug. And Eidos still has no patch fix now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    The route of this bug might be in the ruined temple where you used the grapple to pull the stone from the top of the pillar to smash the hole in the floor to collect one of the items.

Apparently you HAVE to exit that area using the gap above the door and not climb out using the grapple line to exit the way you came in.

Try that

Post Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by SummerVivaldi View Post
    I did that already both times. I never used the Grapple again to get out.
    I tried it to and no luck, not with xbox 360..I am also stuck like most of us here. I think a patch needs to come soon. I pray.

So I fixed the glitch. I restarted the level then set the Jaguar hear first then the skull. The bridges were there, and it was a piece of cake.

PS3 problem also

I am also stuck at the same spot as the rest of you. I tried restarting the level, twice, tried the jaguar head first, then the skull, no luck. I am thinking we all somehow got faulty copies of the game. I have read a couple other posts of people stuck in the same level but much further along. I am just going to exchange my copy at Best Buy today and see if that helps, if not I am done with Eidos.

Exclamation Im stupid

PLEASE HELP ME! IM BLONDE SO DONT BE SURPRISED! HOW DO I RESTART A LEVEL! I AM STUCK ON THE SAME PART AS YOU GUYS AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO RESTART THE LEVEL! IM PLAYING ON PS3 SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PROBLEM!
    The most boring signiture on the whole forum

I must also ask how to restart a level. I'm playing with a PS3.

I really hope the Xbox360 version isn't that different from the PS3 version. I don't think there is any way to completely restart a level. I saved a couple minutes into the Midgard Serpent level and kept restarting from there. I think you can re-visit levels only if you've beaten them. Its crap if you have to do everything completely perfect to not have these glitches appear, or have to restart a level a couple of times for the same reason.
    My exchanged copy of Underworld seems to have the same problem, I had a feeling it would. I am replaying the entire game at this point. I am already half way through Croft Manor, it only took 4 hours. The game is fun enough that I am not that pissed about doing this. I'll be back in Mexico pretty soon and I'll be sure to save the game right when the level starts.
    I sent an email to Eidos support about this glitch in the Midgard Serpent level. Won't be able to get a response back until Monday, I doubt they'll even know what the problem is. I can't believe this company is still making/producing games with such obvious glitches and bugs. Legend and Anniversary were pretty stable games, at least I was able to finish those.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerVivaldi View Post
    So I fixed the glitch. I restarted the level then set the Jaguar hear first then the skull. The bridges were there, and it was a piece of cake.
    What platform are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by DMBehm View Post
    I am replaying the entire game at this point. I am already half way through Croft Manor, it only took 4 hours. The game is fun enough that I am not that pissed about doing this.
    I do not share your upbeat attitude about losing all the progress in my game. Unacceptable.

Thumbs Down

I really hope the Xbox360 version isn't that different from the PS3 version. I don't think there is any way to completely restart a level. I saved a couple minutes into the Midgard Serpent level and kept restarting from there. I think you can re-visit levels only if you've beaten them. Its bull s*** if you have to do everything completely perfect to not have these glitches appear, or have to restart a level a couple of times for the same reason.
    My exchanged copy of Underworld seems to have the same problem, I had a feeling it would. I am replaying the entire game at this point. I am already half way through Croft Manor, it only took 4 hours. The game is fun enough that I am not that pissed about doing this. I'll be back in Mexico pretty soon and I'll be sure to save the game right when the level starts.
    I sent an email to Eidos support about this glitch in the Midgard Serpent level. Won't be able to get a response back until Monday, I doubt they'll even know what the problem is. I can't believe this company is still making/producing games with such obvious glitches and bugs. Legend and Anniversary were pretty stable games, at least I was able to finish those.
    Wehn you put you can only restart a level by compleating it?.....how have the others on this thread restartded there levels?.......im really pissed off about this.!....i will have to start again tomorrow cuz im going to bed now!
    The most boring signiture on the whole forum

Quote Originally Posted by l0c0pr0 View Post
    I do not share your upbeat attitude about losing all the progress in my game. Unacceptable.
    Its even more unacceptable that Eidos even allowed this game to be released with such obvious flaws.

Its even more unacceptable that Eidos even allowed this game to be released with such obvious flaws.
    Amen. So in a more optimistic tone, any other way around this bug that does not require to restart the game from the beginning?

Unless you have a save point from an earlier point/level in the game, I don't know. At this point I think that only a patch will fix this problem. The "re-visit location" thing I saw is actually grayed out in the PDA and I can not select it. Maybe this is yet another programming error or maybe we have to beat the game before that is unlocked. I have looked all over the menus and there is nothing that allows you to replay the level.
    I am not even sure the glitch will be solved by me restarting the game. We'll see, and maybe there will be a patch next week, LOL.

Hey, if its a glitch then just reset the console as i had a glitch in the last level and everything went dark. So i reset my system and it went back to normal. If this doesn't work then it must be a serious glitch. However, there should be a pole nearby on the wall which you then jump from the wall onto the pole and the same again. You then jump to the ledge which then lowers down and brings the ramp up for you to get across. You might wanna reverse back and then speed up to get across. Hope this helps
    I've got the cash, but I don't deal with the monkey.

Okay, so you're gonna be pissed. I just got back to the Midgard Serpent level after restarting the entire game, I did make sure to save the game right after the level started. I first went and placed the Jaguar head and aligned that calender and then went directly to get the Skull and then imediately placed that in the second calender and then without hesitation went directly to the center courtyard (without any deaths, maybe that has something to do with it) and drove on through. Low and behold the first ramp was up and I got through to the third ramp which is down, suppose to be according to the walkthroughs I've read. I can not believe the game is either this glitchy or this linear. Hopefully you will be able start over at a different point then the beginning. I am going to beat this game and never buy another Tomb Raider game again, unless if its developed by some other company, not likely though.

I still hope Eidos realizes this error and fixes it for all the other players out there that were looking forward to the new Tomb Raider.

This better be the only major glitch in the game or I am trading it in for Resistance 2.

I also deleted all existing save data I had from the mexico level before I began the mexico level. (2 different save points)
    I still am completely clueless on how to actaully restart a level during gameplay or even at the main menu. (PS3 user not PC)

I read about this glitch by a mistake before I played the level, and I was hoping that I wouldn't get it. And fortunatly I didn't! *phew*
    Can someone post a screenshot or something of the glitch, if it's possible I mean? I want to see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    I read about this glitch by a mistake before I played the level, and I was hoping that I wouldn't get it. And fortunatly I didn't! *phew*
    Can someone post a screenshot or something of the glitch, if it's possible I mean? I want to see what it looks like.

I had it and didn't actually bother with a screen shot

It looks just like it does with the first and second ramps up, only they're down and you can see all the way accross to the third ramp but can't get there - nothing else is different.

Remember - skull first then the jaguar head people! It doesn't seem to be affected by saving/auto saving after completing the puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraider View Post
    I had it and didn't actually bother with a screen shot

It looks just like it does with the first and second ramps up, only they're down and you can see all the way accross to the third ramp but can't get there - nothing else is different.

Remember - skull first then the jaguar head people! It doesn't seem to be affected by saving/auto saving after completing the puzzle
    Ah, ok, thanks for explaining it to me
    At first when I got to that point I thought that I had that bug and was starting to get angry, but then I found out I could raise the ramps () and after that I had no problem

BTW, I also put the skull on first and the jaguar head on second. Is this really what sets of the glitch? If I do it the other way around I mean?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast