Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Listen To The Haters, Get It Now!!

Thumbs Up Don't Listen To The Haters, Get It Now!!

Well, just wanted to say that TRU is one heck of a game. It's awesome and I am enjoying every second of it. So to anyone who's still in doubt wether to get it or not: GO FOR IT!

That's all!
    signature image

lol.

yeah its amazing game no doubt. Should post your personal review over in the review thread for this. let everyone know you likes/dislikes

Yeah, I know..............

I haven't even finished the game actually........but I am blown away by what I have already seen and I wanted to tell that without going into specifics.
    Anyway, I had to say this. I totally understand if this gets deleted or moved, no problem really.
    signature image

i am going to bed now, and will get the game as soon as i'm done with breakfast. hopefully.
    hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour

I am so sick of the negativity for this game. Stupid comments like, "This game is crap, don't buy it," is really getting on my nerves.

Of course there will be things about the game that not everyone will like, but calling the whole thing "crap" is just down right rude, insulting and such a stupid comment to make.

Constructive criticism is the key. Putting helpful comments like, "The camera was a little annoying, make the puzzles a little harder and more of them," is a good comment to make. We all may not necessarily agree with you, but it's better than just completely slamming the whole game, and Eidos and CD. They will take your comments into consideration and work on them for future games, and saying, "What a stupid cheap game,", as well as being completely rude and insulting, will not help improve the game.

I have not played the game yet, and the only thing worrying me is that the game length, from what people have been saying, is quite short. However most people say that it is hardly an issue and the gameplay completely makes up for it, so I'm not too worried on that one.

That is far more helpful than, "I played the first level, and I absolutely hated it." I mean, what are we supposed to get from that?

To hell with all critisism, this game deserves none

Kidding, but it's a damn fine game and it actually exceeded my expectations. Didn't think that would be possible to be honest, but it did

HURRAH FOR CRYSTAL DYNAMICS
    "I've lived many times longer than your entire civilization, but i've never seen such delicious irony..." R.I.P. Natla

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    I am so sick of the negativity for this game. Stupid comments like, "This game is crap, don't buy it," is really getting on my nerves.

Of course there will be things about the game that not everyone will like, but calling the whole thing "crap" is just down right rude, insulting and such a stupid comment to make.

Constructive criticism is the key. Putting helpful comments like, "The camera was a little annoying, make the puzzles a little harder and more of them," is a good comment to make. We all may not necessarily agree with you, but it's better than just completely slamming the whole game, and Eidos and CD. They will take your comments into consideration and work on them for future games, and saying, "What a stupid cheap game,", as well as being completely rude and insulting, will not help improve the game.

I have not played the game yet, and the only thing worrying me is that the game length, from what people have been saying, is quite short. However most people say that it is hardly an issue and the gameplay completely makes up for it, so I'm not too worried on that one.

That is far more helpful than, "I played the first level, and I absolutely hated it." I mean, what are we supposed to get from that?
    Indeed Rachie. So far I think I'm the slowest one in TRU on this forum lol.

everyone is making me look like the turtle in the race

hey..

can enyone tell me how long the game will take to complete it quickly?? like a time trial?? how long?

Quote Originally Posted by TF.Denis View Post
    can enyone tell me how long the game will take to complete it quickly?? like a time trial?? how long?
    I think if you try rushing through it, maybe 6hrs? 5 maybe? 4? lol im just throwing out random stuff out here. But knowing how speed runners get through games, i cant come up with just one number

This is part of being involved in a forum.
    You're saying you don't like the so called "negative" comments people are making about the game, and you would like that to change.
    In a sense, those same people have the same exact mindset as you.
    They don't like the game or certain elements of it, and they would like it to be changed.

But the point is the game isn't going to change, it's already released.
    And you're not going to change people views either, whether they're negative or positive.

(FYI: Calling a game crap is not being downright rude, it's describing how a person feels about the game. Also know as an opinion. And in case you didn't know, this game had alot of hype which it has not lived up to for many reveiwers and gamers alike.
    It's very disappointing when a game does not follow through like promised, due to various problems. Many may not actually feel as though the game is utter crap, just not up to the standards of what they'd orginally thought and promised it would be.)
    XBL GamerTag: Nate D Brooks

i believe u now

Quote Originally Posted by natebrooks View Post
    You're saying you don't like the so called "negative" comments people are making about the game, and you would like that to change.
    They don't like the game or certain elements of it, and they would like it to be changed.

And you're not going to change people views either, whether they're negative or positive.

(FYI: Calling a game crap is not being downright rude, it's describing how a person feels about the game. Also know as an opinion. And in case you didn't know, this game had alot of hype which it has not lived up to for many reveiwers and gamers alike.
    It's very disappointing when a game does not follow through like promised, due to various problems. Many may not actually feel as though the game is utter crap, just not up to the standards of what they'd orginally thought and promised it would be.)
    i dont know many reviewers ive seen 8,8.5 and some 9's, that not good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by natebrooks View Post

I'm not saying I want opinions changed, or none aired at all. I want to know how people liked/disliked the game, but completely slamming it isn't helpful.

And I do know that some people are disappointed with the game, and I'm not yelling at them for saying so. But I'd like to know why, rather than comments like that. And yes, calling a game "crap" is an opinion, but the way some people say it.....it makes me feel really annoyed. If that makes sense. Just the tone coming through from the posts seems quite rude.

Onto a more positive matter, I'm very excited for the game. Even if it is short, I won't care. It'll be amazing.

I so agree!

I'm just wondering how much hatin' will be around in a couple of weeks when us Aussies and Kiwis get it. It would be really nice to know, personally, why this game isn't bad.

TR:Underworld has to be the most beautifully made Tomb Raider game, ever. It's pure eye candy. The graphics are smooth, realistic (for this time). Lara's animations, the cinematics, and the story.

It has it's ups and it has it's minuscule downs. But that's what it's like for all Tomb Raider games--scratch that, for all games in general.

I'm still drooling over the game, even after finishing it. Believe me, I was stuck many times and that doesn't happen often when I'm playing any TR game. TR:A had me stuck, but nothing near as much as Underworld. I'll be going back and playing treasure hunter mode, and using the only extra outfit, after finishing the game: Her silver-white swim suit.

I've spent so many hours on the game in a day, I'm surprised I finished it so soon. Like said from many people in the forum, and moderators, this game is not as long as TR:A, but it's not as short as Legend, so meaning it was in the middle. 7 locations, and around 4 sub-levels for each location. Everything is intricate, and beautiful, can be confusing and frustrating. In the end it's all worth it. Savour every moment of the game, even after beating it.

This game was worth the money, the time and the frustrations.

@Rachie: I agree with your post. People should really play the whole game themselves to make up their own opinion, let alone come up with more mature ways of pointing out the flaws of the game, instead of bashing it. There's really no point of bashing something, and just looking for the negatives in such a thing.

Hell, like said about my computer not taking TR:U's demo well, I still played it. Same with AOD. I've played it many times before, never went past the 2nd level, then finally I wanted to finish the story so I went through the game in a span of 2-3 weeks. It was slow and at times I had no patience, but in the end I liked it. Though, a trouble there! I tried to play Anniversary after that and I completely forget the controls for the game! The controls are so different on AOD, and just switching to a new, or older TR game is a mental work out. Haha.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    i dont know many reviewers ive seen 8,8.5 and some 9's, that not good enough?
    Yes, 8s and 9s are good enough.
    But the scores of 8s and 9s for Underworld, are not the majority at all.
    Underworld has been receiving alot of 7s, and they're mainly from more reliable and well know reveiwing websites like IGN and Gamespot.
    The reviews of 9, came from websites I'm not famiiliar with.
    XBL GamerTag: Nate D Brooks

The game itself, yes it's good.
    But I hardly think that it DOESN'T need any criticism whatsoever. Constructive criticism never hurts.

While I enjoyed the game, the Wii version...well, it was crap, to say the least.
    I'm getting the 360 soon and will play TRU on that, but there's still some work to be done in that direction.

Otherwise, yes, I agree, people should buy it. But if you have the decision in buying it for a certain console, avoid Wii like the plague.

=P

Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    The game itself, yes it's good.
    But I hardly think that it DOESN'T need any criticism whatsoever. Constructive criticism never hurts.

While I enjoyed the game, the Wii version...well, it was crap, to say the least.
    I'm getting the 360 soon and will play TRU on that, but there's still some work to be done in that direction.

Otherwise, yes, I agree, people should buy it. But if you have the decision in buying it for a certain console, avoid Wii like the plague.

=P
    Yeah, I have read a few times the Wii version isn't much good. Too bad . Anyway, I haven't had any problems with the 360 version so far, although I am not finished yet. I bet you will like this version much better.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Yeah, I have read a few times the Wii version isn't much good. Too bad . Anyway, I haven't had any problems with the 360 version so far, although I am not finished yet. I bet you will like this version much better.
    Yeah, I'm positive I'll love it.

Well, just wanted to say that TRU is one heck of a game. It's awesome and I am enjoying every second of it. So to anyone who's still in doubt wether to get it or not: GO FOR IT!

That's all!
    That si rigte girl.....you are the best!
    "I got what I wanted....Isn't that all we care about?
    Amanda Evert - Meybe not any moor in TR but always in our hearts

Thumbs Up

That's all!
    I agree

I agree with you... the game is sooo AMAZING! I love every bit of it.I haven't finished it yet.. but im in noooo hurry
    "YOU CAN DIE TOO!!!" - Lara Croft
    "Get out of my sight" - Lara Croft

Thanks people!

@Toughraider37: I know, I am REALLY taking my time as well!
    Whenever I know which way to go, I take the wrong passageway on purpose to find all secrets and stuff. I just want to jump on every ledge and go through every tunnel. There is this ledge in the Kraken room, it's a high one, connected to a pillar. It is a pretty useless ledge actually, you don't have to go there. It's close to the statue (with the hands) to the left of the Kraken (when facing it) and there is a long pole next to it. I found out
    ....................well, find out for yourself!
    signature image

this game is perfect it is just like the old days, adventuring with lara croft

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast