Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wii Underworld problem

Now I am interested. Because I SAW THE LEVER IN THE WII VERSION. And I used it no problem. I am now stuck in a different area because of what I think is a similar issue. Why would a company release different versions of a game within the same console? Better to limit the consoles and focus on getting out all the bugs.

Beware the troll with fake "solutions," folks! Let's wait for Eidos to give us an official response tomorrow...

If they do. If they have been gone all weekend, we may not get a response with a solution, first day. Again, good luck all.

Hi everyone...

I'm sorry to read about people's problems in this thread.

It's being looked into at the moment. Please bear with me and I'll be back with info as soon as I can. I'll be back with an update of the progress later today.

While this is being looked into at our end I've noticed some people have worked around the problem by returning to an earlier save, can you give that a go and let me know if that works

It has not worked,Keir. I've tried it from multiple previous save attempts, multiple times.

It's to do with the gems in Shiva's hands.

You need to take the square one, dismantle the wall-puzzle, go to the other side, get the round gem and put that one into the lotus flower in Shiva's hands FIRST.

If you put the square Gem in first, the switch does not appear and you will need to start again before the Shiva area.

This is the ONLY way to be proven to work - I spent a good hour trying to find out how to overcome this before I found this out.

That is one of the variations I had tried before and it DID NOT work.

It is interesting how the supposed "solution" offered on these forums keeps "evolving" with time... I await word from Eidos.

Boy oh boy...

I was all set to get myself the Wii verson of this for Xmas, but after reading these posts it'll be a broiling day at the North pole before I plunk down one cent. What an abomination! Eidos needs to have their heads examined for rushing this product out too early. If everyone demands their money back they'll issue a fixed game right quick, and if that doesn't happen they deserve to be sued.

Wii situation

So, I gather there is still no solution the room with a bar that really doesn't have a bar...Am I right??

Lightbulb Hey Eidos, how about a recall?

Could they do a voluntary recall? Like if you know or think you got a crippled game, send it back with a receipt for a "clean" copy? I was that close to buying it, but the clerk told me, "you know about the glitch in that version right? the game is unplayable..." He, along a with a few other employees at the store, got the game and 3 of the four had the glitch. The fourth one, while not having that glitch took it back for a refund, becuase he feared there could be other glitches later on with it. When i heard all of this, i could not believe it. I came home, did some searching, and just as sure as anything, i find person after person suffering from this. If you do not do something about this, you could end up having a lot of angry customers and or hate mail coming your way. Of course, i guess there is always the DS version. Seems to be the only glitch free version of this game, according to the reviews at least. and it has bats and sharks! Wii gets so little lovin...

Awaiting a workaround, patch, new revision/release of this game.

There are "solutions" just not of them conventional or "meant to be"

You have 3 options:

1)Restart your game from the beginning and do the Shiva puzzle in Bhavagati in the order specifed in the forums, so far this has worked 85% of the time.

2)Download the game save file via SD card released by EIDOS also in the forums (but some people are still have problems apparently)

3)Just keep restarting....and restarting....and restarting.

EIDOS, we know now, knows of the problem. For the moment they released the card save file, any other news is still coming. Remember, to give EIDOS some grace, they have known of the problem as of Thursday via the forums, but it was only 1 or 2 people, it was really over the weekend that everyone began having problems, and now being Monday again, they have only had a day. Yes, you can argue, "they released a glitched game!" but it's not going to do anyone any good for the moment. So, try the options and if you don't get it, then you can wait for EIDOS, or refund the game I guess.

Thumbs Up My request of Eidos - Please follow suit

Here is my e-mail to Eidos since their reload solution does not work and I don't have and don't want to buy a SD card or reader. Please feel free to request the same and maybe they will decide favorably: "I have purchased Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii and have proceeded as far as the game ending glitch in Coast of Thailand. Unfortunately, I have reloaded from a prior save point over 50 times and the lever still does not appear. I have neither a SD Card nor a SD Reader and do NOT have the money for, nor do I wish to purchase, those two items to be able to finish the flawed game. Consequently, I request that EIDOS either furnish me a disc that does not contain the programming flaw or arrange for a refund of the purchase price. As you know, retailers do not refund the purchase price of an opened game nor even allow for a store credit. Thus, special arrangements will need to be made with the retailers if providing an unflawed game disc is not an option. Thanks in advance for your handling of this matter."

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am SO disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know everyone is but I just had to get that out! I counted down the hours to play this game!

When Tomb Raider Chronicles was released some copies (here in Spain) had problems with the cutscenes. I bought the game and finished it, and after one year I heard that I could send my copy to PROEIN (that distribute the game in Spain) and receive another one that works fine. So I did.
    I suggest that everyone that had the same problem do the same.
    ....<O
    ( )
    ==="===
    /\

I got the Wii for my B-Day and got this game as soon as it came
    out. I'am going back thruogh to find tresures and now I've hit this
    problem. ONLY ONE LEFT NOW THIS!!!!! Been here two days!

Hi everyone, just so you know this is still being looked into. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime I'll try and help:

Jonesy - can you confirm you tried the save game from Eidos? Are you based in the US?

gr82ndm8 - How many different individual save games have you tried reloading? It could be that there is a problem from your most recent save (before the area in question). Could you try from an earlier save to see if the problem persists.

Smile Reloads No - Shiva Statue Arm Order Yes

I reloaded from only one save file (all I had and my save was after the Shiva arm puzzle) over 50 times, did not work. I started a completely new game and did the Shiva left and right arms similar to the method suggested in this forum (while in the glitched game I raised statue's right arm first) and I GOT THE LEVER!.

Hi Keir,

Thanks for continuing to keep us informed about what's going on.

I actually did NOT use the save game file Eidos provided. I only downloaded it out of curiosity anyway, because I do not have a SD card reader. Also, I got an error message when I tried to unzip the file on my Mac -- I informed Eidos and they said to try it on a PC. I am based in the US.

In terms of what I tried to get the bar to appear -- I tried playing from prior save points going all the way back to when Lara first enters the main temple. Many posters here think the order you place the gems makes a difference, but I still doubt that's the case. No matter what I did when playing from those prior saves--and I tried many variations, multiple times--the bar remained missing.

I finally decided to start the game over from the very beginning (Mediterranean Sea), and went through the game pretty much as I had the first time. This time however, the bar appeared, and I was able to proceed to the next level after Thailand.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by gr82ndm8 View Post
    I reloaded from only one save file (all I had and my save was after the Shiva arm puzzle) over 50 times, did not work. I started a completely new game and did the Shiva left and right arms similar to the method suggested in this forum (while in the glitched game I raised statue's right arm first) and I GOT THE LEVER!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Hi Keir,

I actually did NOT use the save game file Eidos provided. I only downloaded it out of curiosity anyway, because I do not have a SD card reader. Also, I got an error message when I tried to unzip the file on my Mac -- I informed Eidos and they said to try it on a PC. I am based in the US.

In terms of what I tried to get the bar to appear -- I tried playing from prior save points going all the way back to when Lara first enters the main temple. Many posters here think the order you place the gems makes a difference, but I still doubt that's the case. No matter what I did when playing from those prior saves--and I tried many variations, multiple times--the bar remained missing.

I finally decided to start the game over from the very beginning (Mediterranean Sea), and went through the game pretty much as I had the first time. This time however, the bar appeared, and I was able to proceed to the next level after Thailand.

Hope that helps!
    Well guys, I'm really pleased to read that you can continue with your games. The bug is really rare so you're the (really) unlucky ones. I know we have a lot of people looking into this right now to make sure we can help everyone out.

Like I say, on behalf of Eidos and Crystal D thanks for everyone's patience and I'll report back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gr82ndm8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Hi Keir,

Hope that helps!
    Well guys, awesome to read that you can continue with your games. The bug is really rare so you're the (really) unlucky ones. I know we have a lot of people looking into this right now to make sure we can help everyone out.

Thanks for everyone's patience and I'll report back soon with some more info.

rare?

Surely you jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Giz03mo View Post
    rare?

Surely you jest.
    Mmm, believe it or not I mean it. I guess it might not seem like that to the people that have experienced it though.

I spoke to Customer Services, they've only had seven calls about it in the UK. I know the phone is a bit last century, but AOD had A LOT more calls (I should know I was in Customer Service at the time).

This bug is a really tricky one because it's so inconsistent. The game went through four separate QA departments (Eidos, Buzz Monkey, Crystal D, Nintendo) and this bug wasn't recreated (to my knowledge).

Again, sorry to all the people that have experienced this problem and please do post here or send me a private message if you're unable to get around the problem by reverting to an earlier save or downloading the Eidos saves.

is this Bug the reason for the delay of the german version?

Hi,

I orderd Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii at amazon.de

It was anounced here in germany for the 21. November like all other versions.

But i got an e-mail from Amazon where they told me about delivery problems with the Wii version.

Jesterday i received there shipping e-mail.

Now i thought fixing this Bug could be a possible reason for the delay.

Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by sircathal View Post
    Hi,

I orderd Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii at amazon.de

It was anounced here in germany for the 21. November like all other versions.

But i got an e-mail from Amazon where they told me about delivery problems with the Wii version.

Jesterday i received there shipping e-mail.

Now i thought fixing this Bug could be a possible reason for the delay.

Is that true?
    Mmm, nope. That must be something at Amazon's end I think. The chances of this bug occurring are really low so don't worry about it - be sure to let me know (PM is best) if you do have a problem though

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast