Thread: Final Fantasy Type-0 - News and Updates

Final Fantasy Type-0 - News and Updates

  1. #651

    Originally Posted by Grimoire


    www.finalfantasy.net/vii/lightning-retur... "Kitase and Toriyama were also asked about any developments with Final Fantasy Versus XIII and a Final Fantasy Type-0 localization, but responded that since they are not on the team working on those games, they could not comment. When asked about other HD remakes or the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake, Kitase responded that through working on Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, it will give them experience for other attempts. He implies there are currently no plans for a remake. The team also hasn't made a decision on a Collector's Edition for Final Fantasy X|X-2, but asked for fans to be patient for more information."


    Why can't Kitase say anything bout Type-0? Wasn't he the Producer for the game?

  2. #652

    Oh and on a side note:


    Operation Suzaku finally posted some photos for the 10,000 Signatures=10,000 Pennies!


    and just about 2000 more signatures before 15,000 signatures on the Type-0 Petition!!!


    www.facebook.com/OperationSuzaku/posts/3...

  3. #653

    Originally Posted by dabob


    Originally Posted by Grimoire


    www.finalfantasy.net/vii/lightning-retur... "Kitase and Toriyama were also asked about any developments with Final Fantasy Versus XIII and a Final Fantasy Type-0 localization, but responded that since they are not on the team working on those games, they could not comment. When asked about other HD remakes or the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake, Kitase responded that through working on Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, it will give them experience for other attempts. He implies there are currently no plans for a remake. The team also hasn't made a decision on a Collector's Edition for Final Fantasy X|X-2, but asked for fans to be patient for more information."


    Why can't Kitase say anything bout Type-0? Wasn't he the Producer for the game?

    This is incorrectly quoted/translated. When the FF Dream people asked about Versus, someone their interview labels as ‘RP Team Japan’ that doesn't speak anywhere else in the interview responds. These are likely the translators handling the interview, and they say " 'Versus', as you know, is the project of another team, and we can not tell you anything about it." That's almost word-for-word translated from French to English, although I switched around a few words that didn't grammatically make sense in English from their French positions. When asked about Type-0, Kitase responds and says “Our team [meaning Toriyama and the LR development team] aren’t in charge of this game… Sorry!”

    It's just a deflector statement; The FFDream people were invited to ask questions about Lightning Returns and X|X-2 HD only.

  4. #654
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43

    Originally Posted by dabob


    Dunno if anyone said this or not but just had the thought that it would be neat if SQ released Type-0, Crisis Core, and Dissidia 012 in a PS3/PSV HD Collection kinda like how GoW gave its PSP games a PS3 Collection.



    I think if that happened, the Dissidia games would be in one collection, i'd guess they would probably put Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core in it's own collection (if they had any sense, they would bundle it with a remastered version of FF7 - and if they did the remaster like Tales of Legendia, that would work amazingly well!). No idea of what will happen w/ Type-0 unless more games come out in that particular series.

  5. #655
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195

    Originally Posted by Soapstone


    POST!



    [General Forum Guidelines]


    [Avoid simple posts that don’t add constructive information to the thread, for example: “first”, “.” to signify agreement, or even “/agree”. Consider always adding more information or your personal touch on each response.]

  6. #656

    Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian


    Originally Posted by dabob


    Originally Posted by Grimoire


    www.finalfantasy.net/vii/lightning-retur... "Kitase and Toriyama were also asked about any developments with Final Fantasy Versus XIII and a Final Fantasy Type-0 localization, but responded that since they are not on the team working on those games, they could not comment. When asked about other HD remakes or the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake, Kitase responded that through working on Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, it will give them experience for other attempts. He implies there are currently no plans for a remake. The team also hasn't made a decision on a Collector's Edition for Final Fantasy X|X-2, but asked for fans to be patient for more information."


    Why can't Kitase say anything bout Type-0? Wasn't he the Producer for the game?

    This is incorrectly quoted/translated. When the FF Dream people asked about Versus, someone their interview labels as ‘RP Team Japan’ that doesn't speak anywhere else in the interview responds. These are likely the translators handling the interview, and they say " 'Versus', as you know, is the project of another team, and we can not tell you anything about it." That's almost word-for-word translated from French to English, although I switched around a few words that didn't grammatically make sense in English from their French positions. When asked about Type-0, Kitase responds and says “Our team [meaning Toriyama and the LR development team] aren’t in charge of this game… Sorry!”

    It's just a deflector statement; The FFDream people were invited to ask questions about Lightning Returns and X|X-2 HD only.


    Ah clears it up a bit. Thanks for the clarification.

  7. #657
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43

    Square-Enix and why they wont release FF Type-0. (UTTER NONSENSE!)


    around last october we got a letter from an SE executive in France stating the person responsible for revamping FF14 did something no one else was able to do, and everyone in all division of SE were impressed by him. they also mentioned that LR: FF13 would be borrowing some of the game engine from FF Versus 13. but they also had this to state about FF Type-0: "the handheld market (read as psp) is doing too poorly to release this game outside of japan. and though we want to release it, we wont do it until the said market improves". i am paraphrasing but that was the gist of it.

    i asked on the Tales board if we would be getting the vita Tales games released over here in North America, and they said that Namco Bandai said that the vita is doing too poorly to release the games, that statement sounded familiar obviously....

    i honestly think these 2 video game companies are being run by the same stupid people if they say this! if a system, isnt selling well, there must be a reason why... i cannot count how many times i have been to a gamestop and asked a clerk about a specific psp title that they had on their shelf or was supposed to be coming out soon. they had either, never heard of it, though it is on their shelf, obviously, or just know the game by sight and nothing as to what it is about or what the gameplay is like. and these games end up collecting dust until someone is brave enough to buy em and take a chance with it. now why would this be?!

    companies are FAILING to advertise and market these games properly! if they were advertised better, gamers and clerks would know what the game is! instead of the said title, becoming a sleeper hit. this is my point, if the psp, or vita isnt selling well, then wouldnt you think that companies would do the opposite othe two statements i mentioned above, and release the game, and advertise it soo much that we cant go anywhere w/out hearing about it some how? hit us over the head with a hammer! PLEASE!? if you do that, then chances are, that people will know what games are out there for the said system, and if a game is out that someone really wants, but doesnt have the system, they will eventually buy the system and the game!

    this is what happened to me with the ps3. i wanted demons souls and i saw the trailer for FF Versus 13 back in spring of 2011, before my birthday in may. around may, Gamestop happened to put out a coupon for $100 off a new ps3 system. that was a heck of a deal! so i bought one for my birthday and got demons souls as soon as i could.

    on one hand i can see the company point of view of the fact that if sales are low for a system, then it is risky to release a game on it, so they opt for a digital release at a cheaper price. this is likely what SE did with the 25th anniversary edition of FF3ds on the psp outside of japan. however, SE obviously lacks faith in their fans, and many loyal fans would have bought it on UMD had it been released. i also know from talking to people online, that some people do not have wifi, and therefore dont know that games are being released digitally only and rely on what they see on the store shelves. this is why i feel going digital is a very bad idea, because it will exclude LOTS of gamers!

    if anyone in Square-Enix reads this, then i sure hope that they will tell thir higher ups, what a ******** mistake they made by not releasing the game in the first place. i am sure a lot of you noticed a trend with psp titles in the last few yrs, that every year, less psp titles got released, less people knew about the said release, unless they were following the game since it's japanese release, and/or had played a demo of it. word of mouth can only do so much if a company wont advertise and market their games!

    look at the 3rd birthday: SE sent out read cardboard standees of Aya, in red wash, to gamestop and other game store to promote the game. they also had a website for it no doubt. when they released lord of arcana, they had a website, a demo, but no promotional items in the stores. no wonder it didnt sell well! people who bought it had known about it from the japanese demos, and the people that bought it were also fans of Godz Eater Burst and the Monster Hunter Series. and it is my guess that due to the fact that the game sold badly, that SE decided NOT to release the sequel on psp and vita over here in north america, when it was their fault in the first place! BAD MOVE SE! you shoulda promoted the hell out of that game!

    Final Fantasy Type-0 is the LAST BIG, NEW FF TITLE on the psp, it would be a great swan song for the handheld system over here. SE would make money cuz fans have been demanding it since they played the demos back in the summer of 2011, they WILL buy this game!





    Enix released Dragon Warrior 7 at the end of the life of the psx, i found it in a bargain bin at media play, and it was my first introduction to the dragon quest series. i never finished it, i let a friend borrow it and lost it permenantly from this. but i will say that Persona 4, FF12, Okami, and numerous other big name titles came out on the ps2 while the ps3 had just come out. the ps2 lasted for a good 2-3yrs after the ps3 came out, due to the high price of the console, as well as the fact that there was the hacking and the psn outtage 2 yrs ago, the ps3 really had a slow start until recently. the fact that sony wants to put out the ps4 this year is a foolish decition to make and do, due to the fact that not many people had $800+ to buy the system when it first came out. and with the economy the way it is now, not many people will be buying a new ps4 at launch either. nm the fact there will be crappy systems, bugs, glitches and stuff for all these new releases, remember what happened when the dreamcast first came out...!


    as i said, doing a non-release of a game, because a system is low on sales, isnt a reason to not release the game, if you want a system to succeed, release the game and advertise it properly!

  8. #658

    One of the main reasons Type-O wasn't translated to english was because of all the text in the game. Also characters such as Gilgamesh use old style Japanese, being described as hard to read even for a native speaker. Because of this it would be hard to translate. Also the psp isn't doing well now, with the Vita and 3DS in circulation. Also Final Fantasy XII released before the PS3 was out, and Okami actually suffered horrible sales, only selling 336,000 copies as opposed to XII 5.2 million. PS2 was going strong before it's successors release, PSP was not. It did not take off like the DS and it's smarter for Square-Enix business wise to not spend money translating Type-O.

  9. #659

    Square and Namco are very large companies, their shareholders won't be happy if a game sells 10,000-100,000 copies, that would be considered a failure. Smaller companies wouldn't mind this because it's still good business for them.

  10. #660

    Just even look a TOMB RAIDER (2013). That game sold 3.5 million copies so far, and Square Enix still viewed it as a failure sales wise. It doesn't matter if loyal gamers buy it, Type-O would need to get people that don't normally play the series to buy it too.

  11. #661
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43

    well, as a rule, the main games in the final fantasy sell more, and are more popular, than the spin-offs like the Crystal Chronicles series, Dissidia, and theatrhythm, the 2 online games ff11 and ff14, etc. The FNC series, though sorta a spinnoffish thing, is still part of the main game series, because the same thing happened with DQ4-6 way back when, a mini series within the main series, and FF12 belongs to the Ivalice games, also a mini series. as such, ALL the games of the series should be released, not just the ones that will sell well in america, or the rest of the world!


    i doubt it is as you say, for the smaller companies, look at XSeed, they released the 2 Corpse Party games on psn instead of on UMD, cuz there was less risk, they maybe had 1 advertisement in one magiazine that was less well known. the first game was one of the top 10 sellers on psn when it came out about a yr and a half ago. they didnt want to risk the packaging, the UMD's, the sending to the game stores, etc, which would cost a lot more money to produce than would likely get a return on, though there are many people, like myself that would rather have gotten it as a UMD release, when they released the second, it was again a psn release, they didnt package it w/ the first one. i am hoping maybe when the 3rd gets released they will finally do it as an anthology. but XSeed, a smaller company, didnt have the money to do a physical release or to advertise it properly, instead, they relied on the people who have bought their games before to buy the game, and to know what it was about.


    SE, however, has a ton of money to throw around, if they got the time to make sequels and prequels to many of their games, which quite often isnt as good, make 2 online games which though were good, wasnt as big a seller as the main series before them. to pour money into revamping FF14, a game that was sucky but still a complete game before, for putting out spinoff titles which is hardly making them as much money as their main series titles. they own stock in a ton of different things, i would think it would be completely opposite of what you said, even if the new TR game sold a lot but wasnt that popular as they wanted, it still sold a TON of copies! i know that Type-0 could probably sell that much as well, and would probably do better than expected because most people around the world (not just here in North America) that are Final Fantasy fans, have been following the games just like we have, and know of the FNC series, and that it is supposed to consist of 3 main entries, 2 of which are out in japan, 1 of which is out everywhere.


    i did hear that the game was too "asian", i suppose that the archaic script is possibly what you meant, but many people know what Engrish is and that if they have seen anime or anything with old people in it, they would know that they tend to talk like yoda or say things that dont make much sense to many people in the show. they could do something like that for gilgamesh. honestly, if SE has money to dump into redoing FF14, then they should have the money to localize Type-0 and promote it, as wonderful as FF14 may end up being once it is finished and launches again, there are still many people who would rather play an offline FF game than online. Type-0 would be for these people.


    also when Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City came out, the 3ds kid icarus had just come out as well, i recall a night of watching family guy on tv, a half hour show, and within this 30min, i saw commercials for both games on the commercial breaks 2 times (4 game commercials total in 30min), i know that hardly EVER happens, but it did! nintendo and capcom games, i think the tv station mighta messed up the commercial feeds, but still, that was some mighty fine advertisement! if SE did this for Type-0, it would be a seller for sure!

  12. #662

    Been wondering but does anyone have any info on the lyrics for "We Have Arrived" aka the opening movie song (other than the fact it is sung in a latin-like language)? Been searching for a while but to no avail...T^T

  13. #663

    Originally Posted by onigiri619


    Been wondering but does anyone have any info on the lyrics for "We Have Arrived" aka the opening movie song (other than the fact it is sung in a latin-like language)? Been searching for a while but to no avail...T^T

    I couldn't even find anything on the main FF wikia. It must have not been translated to English.



  14. #664

    Type 0 is for me one of the best Final Fantasy and I can not play like Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV Square Enix's a shame ...

  15. #665
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43

    type-0 is literally the best recent FF release as it is so much more mature than all the other games, when you consider the opening of the game, and how the game ends, and what happens in between, it is the DARKEST FF game EVER released! the ending is VERY shocking for your first playthrough and i always end up in tears when i explain the story to someone, that isnt likely ever gonna get to play it cuz SE wont release it!

  16. #666

    Originally Posted by Crystal Power


    Originally Posted by onigiri619


    Been wondering but does anyone have any info on the lyrics for "We Have Arrived" aka the opening movie song (other than the fact it is sung in a latin-like language)? Been searching for a while but to no avail...T^T

    I couldn't even find anything on the main FF wikia. It must have not been translated to English.




    Well, there's always Google translate...I guess...That's gonna be rather tedious just trying to distinguish the chorus lyrics from the instruments...

  17. #667
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37

    The system is dead we didnt Get Mother 3 for that reason nor the wii version of DQX for the same reason it always happens with foreign companies there are likely quite a few american games that never made it over there people wanted at the end of some lifecycles now woth how recent things go a 3DS port or pure PSN release would be great

  18. #668

    It's a sad fact, but these clap-on companies like Square-Enix and Capcom know that their current business model doesn't stand up to scrutiny from the fan-base.


    If I recall correctly, the last time there was a question posited about FFVSXIII the answer we recieved was "We feel very positive about our ambitions for this game." That was it, no other information. Utterly useless response, it's the kind of thing that comes out of the mouth of a politician speaking to the public.


    I'm not going to list my grievances with past game, there were things I like and hated about most games, but I'm going to put up a summary of how I'm seeing the Trio that were announced for the last generation.


    FFXIII has become the favored son, handed success and favored with attention for reasons I can't discern. Most of the characters just felt flat and angry, I had the easiest time connecting with Sazh.


    Type-0, the last child, held back from the rest of the world because of mummy's fear for its safety. We aren't going to see it here in the west, not legitamately. Last few games you fellas gave this treatment to were given fan-translations and distributed on the sly. Those were final fantasy 2, 3 and 5.


    Versus XIII, the middle child. Faded into obscurity, even the "Parent" company can't tell you much about it. If it ever steps out into the light, it'll probably stand on its own merits, or else will show blatantly how abusive and scatterbrained the company really is. With that in mind, can we really expect an American release of the game if it doesn't get stellar reviews in Japan?

  19. #669

    Hello there,


    Just want to let you know we have now an undeniable proof that Final Fantasy Type-0 was on its way for the West on December 2010.


    Now let's hope they are still working on it for a PSVita release.

  20. #670

    People still care about this game?

  21. #671

    Originally Posted by Fat Squeek


    People still care about this game?


    Yes.

  22. #672

    Originally Posted by OperationSuzaku


    Hello there,


    Just want to let you know we have now an undeniable proof that Final Fantasy Type-0 was on its way for the West on December 2010.


    Now let's hope they are still working on it for a PSVita release.





    Well, Robin Kodaira has worked on the english translation for Crystal Bearers and Crisis Core. Most of his work seems to be around Enlish Translation as well. Plus, his name is mention in the Type-0 Credits as seen ***SPOILER ALERT!!!*** here at 21:17 (??? ??=Robert Kodaira, "????????? ????????"="Translation Supervisor"if some basic Japanese knowledge and Google Translate serve me correctly) Its STILL a long shot though. He could have just translated the minor English Portions of the game (such as the Chapter Titles IE: Three Hours That Changed the World). Then again, can't make any assumptions for sure though, as Square Enix keeps everything so secretive...

  23. #673

    I'm just gonna leave this here: www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5823...





    -------------------------





    A translation supervisor would be one who oversees translation I'd wager. As well as being a "localization specialist" and has brought a few games over or at the very least was a part in localizing them. I don't think he does any of the actual gruntwork translating however. More a managing position.





    ----------------------





    Yes people still care about this game. However people also care about Lightning Saga for some reason too. So yeah.

  24. #674

    Originally Posted by OperationSuzaku


    Hello there,


    Just want to let you know we have now an undeniable proof that Final Fantasy Type-0 was on its way for the West on December 2010.


    Now let's hope they are still working on it for a PSVita release.

    Maybe they will do an HD remaster for PS3 or PS4 and finish the loacilazation? The Vita is doing terrible so that would be worse than releasing on PSP...

  25. #675

    I'll take it for Wii U and 3DS. Nintendo needs the good FF games. Sony can keep the rest. >:P

Page 27 of 41 First First ... 1723242526272829303137 ... Last