Thread: Final Fantasy Type-0 - News and Updates

Final Fantasy Type-0 - News and Updates

www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-de...

Not surprisingly, Square Enix has intention to release BDFF for the west before Type-0, which isn't a bad thing for BDFF but not the most encouraging thing for Type-0. (T_T)

Originally Posted by onigiri619

www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-de...

Not surprisingly, Square Enix has intention to release BDFF for the west before Type-0, which isn't a bad thing for BDFF but not the most encouraging thing for Type-0. (T_T)

neat

BDFF is gonna be awesome.

Originally Posted by Magius

BDFF is gonna be awesome.

I remember saying the same thing about Pandora's Tower too.

www.siliconera.com/2013/04/05/black-rock...

Seriously, if BRS: The Game can get a digital release in this day and age, why not Type-0???

Because no one wants Type-0, obviously.

Seriously, if BRS: The Game can get a digital release in this day and age, why not Type-0???

Because Square doesn't want to blow money on a net loss.

Then don't say "we care about what fans want" because, in the end, the only thing stopping SE from releasing the game in the west is the negative revenue prospect. I understand that SE is a business but at least be honest, come clean and say once and for all "Type-0 is never going to be released in the west for the PSP because we can't make money out of it". What SE is doing right now is just bad propaganda.

Along with the recent financial loss and restructuring for this year.

Square Enix should put both discs together on a Vita card and release it in NA for 50$!
    There is a piss poor selection of Vita games over here

I said it before, but I would buy a PlayStation Vita just for Type-0 in English and Persona 4 The Golden >_>

(Actually, are there any examples of games that came out in Japan on one platform that came out on a completely different platform in another region? I don't mean remakes brought over 10+ years later on a different systems, or games coming out on additional platforms. We're all trying to do some begging negotiations here to bring the game to a current platform, but is there a precadence for this?)

I'd still buy Type-0 as a PSP game, though. Even as a digital copy with an above average retail and knowing I wouldn't be able to register it for points towards SE Member Rewards.

---

So the rumour is that the game more or less had all the English VA work done. My question: VAs still get paid even if they game doesn't come out, right? Where's that money coming from if not Type-0 sales?

Golden is the only reason to get a Vita right now, but I already own P4 on the PS2 so why bother right now?

I will definitely get Type-0, whether it is only a psn download, and I would seriously buy the vita too if it was ported as vita-exclusive. I have played the Japanese Demo a killer amount of times, and I never get sick of it. I just wish I can experience the whole story with translated texts.

Originally Posted by Mad_Angel

Then don't say "we care about what fans want" because, in the end, the only thing stopping SE from releasing the game in the west is the negative revenue prospect. I understand that SE is a business but at least be honest, come clean and say once and for all "Type-0 is never going to be released in the west for the PSP because we can't make money out of it". What SE is doing right now is just bad propaganda.

They also have PR. And branches that don't communicate with each other. Fans don't know what they want and neither does Square.

Originally Posted by silvergol

Originally Posted by Mad_Angel

They also have PR. And branches that don't communicate with each other. Fans don't know what they want and neither does Square.

Wrong! the Fans know what they want! Square Enix Doesn´t know how deliver! and fast and with quality! looks how they faster deliver GBA,DS,3DS and portable titles and For PS3 Almost dust!

GBA is a long time ago.

DS? Those SAGA Remakes sure made it over here.

3DS? A rhythm game, a KH beat em up and a few western outsourced titles? And BDFF, which if localized has potential awesome going for it?

PS3? Last Remnant people are still waiting for. A crap FF Trilogy no one wanted but some are glad to have, and many cling on to vaporware known as Versus, far be it from me to shun those that have an occult following of a title announced at PS3 launch only which seems will be transitioning onto PS4, which in itself would be hilarious. At the least it should Be for PS3 and PS4 if only to avoid fanbase betrayal.

You also forget the fanbase is a very divided creature, therefore what one wants the other may not want. Manikin.

I want Suikoden Six but Square ain't deliverin in unda thirty minutes!

Originally Posted by Trent29193

Doesn't even need to be a souped up Vita version for me to buy it, just toss it on PSN and I'll support it.

I would only buy it if it has a retail release

I can't fill my shelves with digital copies of games...

I would Like this game on the Vita i'm waiting 4 FF 10 HD to get a Vita also

Originally Posted by imported_Derek

Originally Posted by Trent29193

Doesn't even need to be a souped up Vita version for me to buy it, just toss it on PSN and I'll support it.

I would only buy it if it has a retail release

I can't fill my shelves with digital copies of games...

I agree, I would like to own a physical copy of the game.

I agree completely, I would LOVE to get my hands on a copy of Type-0, just with some translated texts.. I wouldn't even expect the game to be done with English voicing acting or anything. However, given that the PSP has died (even though I do disagree with this official statement, since the Vita hasn't been doing that well), I doubt that they will consider the release of this game - which breaks my heart to finally admit that.

the big problem is that someone, somewhere decided the psp wasnt a big seller outside of japan, this is why many games from 207ish to now have miraculously never made it over here, even though they would be big name sellers. yes i am sure that piracy on the psp is a problem, but it is more a problem now, due to the fact that games just arent making it over here! most gamers would prefer to have the physical media, rather than having to mod a system to play iso's, and when you do that, you dont get the case, the manual or any extras that might come with the actual game.

i am a big believer in physical media, as such, recently bought persona 3 portable for umd, with the case and manual for around $25 used at gamestop. i have now "completed" the psp persona trilogy, however the verdict is still out on whether or not we are getting P2 Eternal Punishment localized or not. however i did purchase my first $20 psn card to get terraria, but that was always a digital game from the get go, even on pc.

and if psp wasnt popular, then why are we still getting a few games like gungnir released last year on umd? i have plans to get that as well as fire emblem awakening for my 3ds, the actual cart, not the eshop dload, there is finally enough released so that game stores have copies for sale.

THIS IS MY ISSUE WITH TYPE-0: the game got released in japan on october of 2011. the vita hadn't been released yet, and there was a big hullabaloo when versus 13 and agito 13 were announced and then even more buzz was created from the january 2011 final fantasy conference which showed off gameplay trailers of type-0 (formerly agito 13), versus 13, and ff13-2. then that summer the demos get released in the japan psn store as well as on the type-0 website, and a couple months after that the game gets released and we are given a somewhat cut demo featuring the first chapter and part of the second. mind you in all this time of pre japanese release of type-0, the game has and still listed as TBA for regions outside of japan/asia.

If SE is gonna make a huge big buzz and hype over this, and versus 13, then what i wanna know is why the heck didnt they release type-0 around the time of the vita's release? at the time, the psp wasnt totally "dead" and only went dead officially after the vita got released! i would like to mention the fact that though we got some UMD titles last year on the psp, there wasnt a SINGLE psp title shown at E3 2012! and since type-0 was getting released in japan back in oct. 2011, there should have been some showcase of it back during the E3 2011! instead we only get news about ff13-2, ff13-2, ff13-2... and then after it got released back in january of 2012, it was sleeping dogs, tomb raider, theatrhythm, ff dimensions, kh3d, etc.

personally, tomb raider will never be a big name SE title, because it has always belonged to eidos. and due to the fact that tomb raider has been rebooted two times now; once with legend and underworld with the anniversary edition thrown in there, and again with the new tomb raider, i am fed up with the series, especially when the latest titles are less about exploration like the first few entries were.

as for KH3d, im not sure about it yet, because i was put off by the star wars-y story that occured during birth by sleep. though birth by sleep was a good game, im not happy that they went all star wars in it.

getting back to type-0, if SE had delayed the release of the game so it wouldnt have competed with the vita, that would kinda make sense, but at the same time, any gamer worth their salt and a fan of the FF series would have bought the game over the vita, if they had a psp! the FNC series was supposed to consist of 3 games: ff13, type-0 and versus 13, instead we got ff13, ff13-2, LR: ff13, ff14, type-0 is a no show in north america, and there is STILL no word on why the heck there is no news past: "we will give you a big update soon, things are progressing smoothly, you are gonna love the game when it gets released, we can't comment past the game is progressing nicely, etc" for versus 13!

why the heck is all the news about versus 13 so vague? and why is SE doing what politicians do with giving news without even saying anything about the subject on which they are asked? the only news we have right now is all about FF14 revamped! and LR: ff13, why are these games that were started AFTER versus 13 was announced and given a trailer taking precedence over a game that was announce 7 yrs ago? and why is it the FNC portal site where ff13, ff13-2, type-0 and versus suddenly quiet after the release of ff13-2? why isnt any news about LR being posted there? did someone forget the login? did the fnc site manager get fired and made it so that no one can log in and update things anymore???

the end result as always is this: AT THE TIME TYPE-0 WAS RELEASED, IT WOULD HAVE SOLD HAD SE BOTHERED TO RELEASE THE GAME INSTEAD OF GIVING EXCUSES AS TO WHY THEY COULDN'T RELEASE IT!

1. we needed more fan support. (when have they ever needed fan support to release games over here? look at legend of mana, threads of fate and chrono cross, all 3 were filler titles during the lull between the ff8 and ff9 release back on the psx, they werent afraid of losing money on smaller titles back then)!

2. the psp sales were too low. (there was an actual report written by an exec at SE saying that the handheld market wasnt profitable enough to release type-0 outside of japan, i dunno if anyone actually has logged into pshome/psn on the europe, asia, japanese and northamerica server but you will notice a trend: there is hardly any activity on the europe and asia servers, not as many people are logged in on home, most the games on the europe psn store are from europe and north america, even though the asian region is bigger than the japanese region, the japanese home is very busy where as the only active spot on home in asia is the central hub location, this is pretty much the same case for europe's home, the most active home servers are north america and japan).

3. piracy is the reason. (honestly, no. i will admit that piracy is very easy nowadays with bit torrent, cd burners, and what not, but honestly most gamers worth there salt would rather buy a used game, than pirate a game, usually its only the people that are of the younger generation that feel that they dont need to pay for anything that isnt gonna be released locally in the first place or anything for that matter, so they are ripping songs from cds, burning anime and putting it up on bittorrent, the psp homebrew community, though they have made it possible to rip the disc image from the umd, it isnt about making the games available for free for all! it was about making home made software on a system that someone else made. the same has been done for the xbox, psp, dreamcast (which was easy cuz it used windows ce), ps2, ps3, etc. linux used to be available for the ps2 and ps3, and android is becoming very open to what platforms it can run on an the tweaks maded to do so. so even though there are games avialable via iso for the psp, not many old school gamers bother, with em because, they want the physical media, the eye candy need i mention the lunar games and arc the lad collection released on the psx by working designs?)

4. etc.

Dunno if anyone said this or not but just had the thought that it would be neat if SQ released Type-0, Crisis Core, and Dissidia 012 in a PS3/PSV HD Collection kinda like how GoW gave its PSP games a PS3 Collection.

Type O should really be released on Vita

I don't care where or how it's releaed, just release it!

That said, I still perfer a physical copy.

www.finalfantasy.net/vii/lightning-retur... "Kitase and Toriyama were also asked about any developments with Final Fantasy Versus XIII and a Final Fantasy Type-0 localization, but responded that since they are not on the team working on those games, they could not comment. When asked about other HD remakes or the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake, Kitase responded that through working on Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, it will give them experience for other attempts. He implies there are currently no plans for a remake. The team also hasn't made a decision on a Collector's Edition for Final Fantasy X|X-2, but asked for fans to be patient for more information."

Page 26 of 41 First First ... 1622232425262728293036 ... Last