Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is better : Anniversary or Legend?

What is better : Anniversary or Legend?

It's just that I have TRA but I think TRL is way cooler. What do you think guys?

TR:L cooler? Maybe.

But you forgot something: TR:A is the remake of original TR1 - wich i played to death in the good old 90's - everyone who loved the "original" style of the game loves Anniversary. So I vote for Anniversary.

But that's true Legend is "cooler". But Anniversary the "Old School Tomb Raider".
    And so far the Demo of Underworld looks to me like a mix between Legend and Anniversary. So maybe Underworld is going to be the "Ultimate Tomb Raider".

Quote Originally Posted by jhoinxrist3 View Post
    It's just that I have TRA but I think TRL is way cooler. What do you think guys?
    TRL was better. TRA was good but not as good as it could have been with what the production companies had to work with. I really like the variation and contrast between the environments in Legend so that's where my vote goes.

Legend was better the final Egypt levels of TRA were just too frustrating.

Post TRl Vs TRA

TRL is def better, i have both games and playin trl is a better overall game play

I like TRA better. TRL was very good but it was short. Plus for me Natla was easier to beat in the final boss battle that the demon thing in TRL.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mt90 View Post
    TR:L cooler? Maybe.

But you forgot something: TR:A is the remake of original TR1 - wich i played to death in the good old 90's - everyone who loved the "original" style of the game loves Anniversary. So I vote for Anniversary.

But that's true Legend is "cooler". But Anniversary the "Old School Tomb Raider".
    Raider".
    TR1 is probably my fav game ever but my vote goes to Legend. I loved the variation in environments and the feel to the different levels in Legend. Legend had some great gameplay aspects. Shame it was a bit short but I liked it. TRA seemed to subtract from the original TR1 version offered. I liked it but the original was something incredible and on some of the levels I don't feel they captured the magic.

This both games are better.I dont see any reasons to compare them.

I loved Legend more. It was the comeback game. It brought the series back from the dead and made me give a damn and fall in love with Lara all over again. It's also #3 on my Top 5 Favorite Video Games Of Alltime

This is tough... Well, I'll vote for Legend cause we use a mythical weapon (Excalibur), but in Anniversary, she searches for the Scion so no powerful weapon, just guns... But I love them both!!!

I really like both games. I am going for Anniversary as Legend was too way too short.

I think TRL is better than TRA.

TRA looks all the same. The same colour, the same buildings and things. I was very disappointed when i finished TRA and i hate thoose stupid enemies especially the dinos.
    The only level, which was different, was Natla's mines.

So TRL was more powerful. There was a good story and better cutscenes.

I didn't play TRU, and i hope it will be better.

PS: I hope i didn't make a lot of mistakes, because i'am from Austria.

Yeah, thats Legend. But it's better to buy them both. you can understand the storyline better if you do.

anniversary hands down

Why? because thats what TR is all about, more exploring and tomb riding and less killing people.

i like them both, but story wise, legend, puzzle wise, anniversary. both equally, both more than underworld... i think, no, legend then underworld then anniversary.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by amalsky View Post
    anniversary hands down

Why? because thats what TR is all about, more exploring and tomb riding and less killing people.
    Amen
    "You sly old fox"

Anniversary plain and simple. Better story than Legend seemed to offer, though don't get me wrong I enjoyed Legend too.

Oh, people, people. There is a one thing, wich unit this game: engine. Image Lara both game simpl and identical! And it's cool!
    What about Gameplay TRA and TRL, to my mind, in TRL better. New gameplay, new ability, new story.
    But TRA is new image in remake TR1. It's cool too.
    So, my vote - TRL;-)

TRL!!!!!! I liked the game even though I thought it was too short, but then TRA was a remake and I sorta knew what to expect since I've played the original many times before.
    "A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more." Jasmine Fitzwilliam

good things about TRA= running on wall with the grapple, more challenging, some parts scared me...i feel rediculous saying so XD, the game gave me a huge headache, took me longer to complete than legend, environments were beautiful. There was a lot more to do in anniversary, i loved exploring, i loved the croft manor, we were able to see more of it than legend, lara's little comments from the journal, when lara says "this book isn't very interesting" i laugh everytime. also i love the cheats we get :] lara with glasses !

bad things about TRA: The story was okay, i didn't think the music was that great, some of the tracks were amazing, like the lion and gorrilla and croft manor theme were beautiful, but some of the others were just blah or too short, i sorta felt lonely without zip and alister, it was just, too quiet for me. the animals weren't so challenging, i played on Hard mode the first time and barely used medipacks so i was loaded when playing natla ...so maybe that was a good thing.... ah well :P

good things about TRL: i felt there was more to the story, or well, i just liked it more. I loved zip and alister's company, i loved the motorcycling parts which anniversary didn't have :[ , the environments were GORGEOUS, the music was beautiful and long and i loved most of them, i love lara's look, use of grenades ;D. i can never get tired of playing Legend, all of the outfits, i love the weapons, i prefer the mercenaries.

bad things about legend: Too short and easy, can only hold 2 weapons, some of the puzzles i hated doing with a passion, the puzzles were too simple...this is all i can think of but i'm sure there was more

it's kinda hard to choose, i love them both, but i guess i'd go with Legend cause it's what made me become a fan
    "Various myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world." - Lara Croft

LMAO TRA, no doubt about it!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    No doubt about it!
    Now that reminded me of Eva.

If you haven't played MGS 4 then ignore me! Sorry for my childish behaviour (spelt right?)

I gotta say 'Legend', for 2 reasons: 1) it's the first TR game I completed and turned me on to the series to where I now am dying to track down all the others (got 'Legend', Underworld', and 'Anniversary' so far), and 2) it wasn't nearly as frustrating as 'Anniversary'. Seriously, f**k "The Great Pyramid" level. That $hit ensures I'm not going for a replay.
    'Legend' was challenging yet simple as well, and it had a good balance of story, action, and riddles. 'Anniversary' seemed to me to be more riddles and dying then story. Like, I'm not even sure I knew what the f**k was going on in the story till I got to Egypt. Just figured "Ok, it's called 'Tomb Raider', so I guess I don't need a reason to be in Greece other then to raid a tomb".
    'Legend' was fun, 'Anniversary' was just frustrating. Proud to say I finished it tho Only took me 23 hours. Big shout out to AlexStark7 on YouTube and Stella's Tomb Raider site www.tombraiders.net for the helpful walkthroughs! Couldn't have done it otherwise!

Anniversary is better, Legend is just too simple and easy. I think TRA is the best TR game Crystal has made so far

Both have their pros and cons for example: loved Lara's look in Legend but, the motorcycle sequences became tedious and drawn out. Anniversary felt more like a Tomb Raider game but, the Great Pyramid level was ridiculously frustrating. Legend's level designs were very good but, the camera work at the end battle was extremely annoying.
    Anniversary's levels designs were also very good but, if you don't learn the adrenaline dodge, you're sunk. Overall, Anniversary is longer and far more challenging, so it has my vote as the better of the two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast