Thread: Tihocan Centaur BYPASS!! WOW!

Big Grin Tihocan Centaur BYPASS!! WOW!

There are pieces of the Atlantean Scion that you have to put together after you've found them all in the first Tomb Raider, and in Tombr Raider Anniversary since it's a remake of the first.

The following trick does NOT work in TR1, because the puzzles and fights are all different, however this is a workable trick in TR:A for the Wii. I cannot say if it works on the other ports of TR:A or not with any certainty.

At the end of the second part of the game you must fight 2 centaurs outside of King Tihocan's tomb where you get the 2nd part of the Scion. The centuars run in circles and shoot fireballs at you and you CANNOT dive in the water around the tomb area or they will kill you soon enough. however there is a cave DIRECTLY beneath the expance of land they are circling about on and if you remember where the cave starts you can dive in the water at the edge and go straight down and then into the cave where you once moved a lever to open the tomb just minutes before.
    I did this to HIDE and try to think about HOW to kill these things when I noticed that before I left the two idiots I had targeted one of them and could still see their health meter at the top of my screen. What was that? It MOVED!! it went DOWN!! on its OWN!! so I sat there and watched and SURE ENOUGH they were hurting eachother or one was hurting the other... and so I stayed there. Now I died going back the first time to target the 2nd centaur and had to do the 1st one over again... but this is what alternate SAVE GAME SPOTS are for!!
    So you have to go up RIGHT next to the rocks underwater to turn around and get out ASAP when you reach air and target the lone centaur, then dive down again.

But it WORKS!! And then you're on to the last part of the game!

Ancient Explorer - Extraordinare

I've heard about that trick before and I tried to do it, too, but...
    I was so bored waiting, that I decided to fight them face to face. And, really, it was not as difficult as I thought it would be!
    Now, I fight them very easilly and quickly (and it's my favourite battle!).
    Anyway, this trick doesn't work on PS2 version of Anniversary.

Yeah This is quite neat trick if you are prepared to wait. It takes a loong time.

Ah, the old "hide in the underwater cave and let the Centaurs take each other out" trick. Yep, it works on all versions of Anniversary as far as I know.

Tihocan Centaur Bypass

I tried this too. I just targeted one centaur with a powerful weapon, did AD, then dove in to the cave. I found that I had to just go do something else while I waited. The one downfall of this is that if they get you with your beams you loose control of Lara completely and have to start over. I never was able to get them with this glitch. I'm so glad I finally got it down the regular way because I was getting frustrated with those two!

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    Ah, the old "hide in the underwater cave and let the Centaurs take each other out" trick. Yep, it works on all versions of Anniversary as far as I know.

Yes this is in deed a help. My one concern about this title in the series is that the bosses are just a bit too hard, even on the easiest settings, i think they could have been dialed down a notch and really improved the fun of the game, I dont mind working hard for progress...but impossible is not a setting that i enjoy much. But ys this is a great trick and I have enjoyed waiting for those idiot centaurians take out each other. Just wish i could watch it live for I have no love for them after many failed battles.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group
    "We Build Worlds"
    Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by nightavenger View Post
    There are pieces of the Atlantean Scion that you have to put together after you've found them all in the first Tomb Raider, and in Tombr Raider Anniversary since it's a remake of the first.

The following trick does NOT work in TR1, because the puzzles and fights are all different, however this is a workable trick in TR:A for the Wii. I cannot say if it works on the other ports of TR:A or not with any certainty.

At the end of the second part of the game you must fight 2 centaurs outside of King Tihocan's tomb where you get the 2nd part of the Scion. The centuars run in circles and shoot fireballs at you and you CANNOT dive in the water around the tomb area or they will kill you soon enough. however there is a cave DIRECTLY beneath the expance of land they are circling about on and if you remember where the cave starts you can dive in the water at the edge and go straight down and then into the cave where you once moved a lever to open the tomb just minutes before.
    I did this to HIDE and try to think about HOW to kill these things when I noticed that before I left the two idiots I had targeted one of them and could still see their health meter at the top of my screen. What was that? It MOVED!! it went DOWN!! on its OWN!! so I sat there and watched and SURE ENOUGH they were hurting eachother or one was hurting the other... and so I stayed there. Now I died going back the first time to target the 2nd centaur and had to do the 1st one over again... but this is what alternate SAVE GAME SPOTS are for!!
    So you have to go up RIGHT next to the rocks underwater to turn around and get out ASAP when you reach air and target the lone centaur, then dive down again.

But it WORKS!! And then you're on to the last part of the game!

I dont get it, when the level starts when you have to kill the centaurs, you have to run strait to the pool, jump in and swim through the opening?
    Or do you have to do something first before you jump in the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    I dont get it, when the level starts when you have to kill the centaurs, you have to run strait to the pool, jump in and swim through the opening?
    Or do you have to do something first before you jump in the pool?
    You have to shoot the Centaur first, so you get his life/energy bar and then jump in the water and go through the underwater passage, when the switch is.

Too many bugs in my program to beat centaurs. Help!

I can't find any way out of this. Has anyone else had the triple whammy of 1)not being able to grapple the first centaur 2) the 2nd centaur's health not changing after being targeted (and I returned to cave) 3) not being able to duct the green for the 2nd centaur so he's impossible to fight and, as soon as he hits me my controls no longer work at all so I have to shut the game down. Not to mention that I could shoot the 2nd centaur from now until next week and his health wouldn't go down! So, basicallly, I can't fight them and I can't seem to cheat them either.

I know you're all sick to death of hearing about centaurs, but if you know anything, have some mercy please.

Sounds frustrating!

Are you playing the PS2 version?

Check this thread for a possible answer: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=84875

Hope it helps!

The best weapons to use in my opinion on the centaurs are the shotgun and the mini SMGs. They take away the heath alot quicker than the dual guns . Also, when the centaurs start the green force thingie that comes out of their eyes, just duck down and it won't affect Lara. If that doesn't work (for some reason) just try to move around as much as you can. Do some rolls, jumps, and run around so the centaurs will have a lesser chance of hitting you with it. Hope that helped

Yes! I conquered them. Found out that the reason my grapple didn't work right on the shield was because the adrenaline dodge didn't work right. I rebooted a few times and suddenly everything did what it was supposed to do. By then I had gotten so good at it all that it was easy. Whew. I thought I'd be stuck there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Anyway, this trick doesn't work on PS2 version of Anniversary.
    Nope, it most certainly does.

I prefer gunning them down though. I have no trouble dealing with them.

Fighting Centaurs

I have tried many times to defeat the Centaurs.

First, the adrenaline dodge does not work. I have tried it over and over and it never targets the head. There were a couple of times that I was actually able to get one of the centaurs frozen, but I was unable to grapple the shield.

So, I tried hiding in the cave. This worked for the first one, but when I went back out, the second one would not die. It wasn't throwing fire balls anymore. I shot at it with everything I had and its health bar would not go down. I was unable to pick up the shield that was left by the first centaur. I did try the suggestion of standing on the first shield and firing, but like I said, I fired and his health bar would never go down.

I tried adrenaline dodge with the 2nd one and again, it would never target his head, so I am at a loss. I have gotten to a point that I hate this game. I don't mind having hard bosses to fight or challenging puzzles to figure out, but to have a game that has a glitch that makes it impossible for me to continue is downright outrages.

If there is a patch that is available, that would help. Otherwise, a different trick would be nice. HELP!

Help I've tried the cave method (I'm using a psp version.)the cave method It never works. The energy bar gets stuck half way and that's it :-(. I give up I'm years playing this level. I just keep giving up n playing from start just so I can play first few levels before this one. I'm at the stage of wishing I could send the game to someone to complete the level for me as killing the centaurs the intended way is not an option for me. I would love to get past this level n finally play the next levels. I loved the original tomb raider so much.

I never tried that trick before but will give it a go as I want to see what happens.