Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PC demo seriously lagging!!

OK. Thanks! I'll try it right now.

Hey guys, I am just wondering if any of you can help with a problem.

My version of the demo was laggy rendering the demo unplayable. However, I rechecked if my computer could handle the game (systemrequirementslab.com I think it is) and it once again said I could handle the game.

So I checked if my drivers had been fully updated and I found that they hadn't. Could this be the source of my problem?

that could well indeed be a possibility. updating drivers to their latest versions sometimes adds/modifies the existing ones to sty up to date.
    P.S. I like this forum!

Ahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bingojubes View Post
    you can't gimp computer graphics, only game graphics thruogh the game's settings in the options menus.

1. could try using the "classic" desktop mode, which changes the look of the desktop to windows 3.1, relieving stress on overall system performance. (vista)

2. turn off/disable all non-essential background tasks like anti virus, and other stuff like music players and background changers. try to have as little programs running all at once as possible, see if that works.

3. defragging the hard drives may help as well. fragmented information on a PC can cause slow performance in the long run, so defragging will consolidate all that data, improving performance.

4. run a system wide disk cleanup, removing excess, un-needed files.

5. try hiding all desktop icons: you end up using some of your system memory by keeping too many things on the desktop. try temporarily moving the icons into one folder, or hiding them.
    OK. So I've now tried EVERYTHING you recommended doing and the demo still lags quite a bit. It's BETTER but still not even close to OK. So, I'm thinking that my comp. just sucks and cannot play the game (even though it meets the minimum requirements). I cannot think of anything to do to fix it, unless there is a specific combination of graphics specs that I need to apply in order to get it to work. Could you tell me what exactly to gimp the graphics to? I know this probably getting annoying, but I'm REALLY desperate to play the demo before the game comes out since it's in my comp and I can't play it and it's driving me mad!

Anyway, thanks for your help. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'll just have to wait til the console versions come out.

-CL

You need to aim for the recommended not the minimum. If ur comp is not powerful enough then nothing is going to change that.

I think underworld runs quite well, it's much faster than assasins creed which on the same settings lags like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by pleomax View Post
    You need to aim for the recommended not the minimum. If ur comp is not powerful enough then nothing is going to change that.

I think underworld runs quite well, it's much faster than assassin's creed which on the same settings lags like a mofo.
    agreed. assassin's creed runs about the same speed as underworld for me, but hopefully everything works out for you, CL489. if you are shooting for just the minimum, you'll just end up needing to upgrade the computer. but Underworld will have a multi-platform release, so good luck with that.
    P.S. I like this forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234