Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Square Enix Anime

Square Enix Anime

Square Enix Anime

Does anyone know of a place where anime can be bought digitally? And legally. I prefer digital copies to physical and I like being able to choose what quality I get (480, 720, 1080, ect). But, I don't know of any service that offers such a thing.

Originally Posted by Jalian
    Does anyone know of a place where anime can be bought digitally? And legally. I prefer digital copies to physical and I like being able to choose what quality I get (480, 720, 1080, ect). But, I don't know of any service that offers such a thing.
    I believe itunes allows you to do that.

What do you guys think about anime and what have you watched?

I personally like watching anime. It kills time plus they're intresting.

My all-time favorite anime is the Ruroni Kenshin series, although admittedly it peaked in the middle. I am a big fan of Evangelion, even though I don't really claim to understand it, and I like Soul Eater and Death Note. Of course, I loved Advent Children.

What are you into?

Jay

Currently Watching: High School of the Dead

Currently Playing: Parasite Eve (on my PSP); FFX

i love anime ! <3 i have so many favorites but some of them are :soul eater ,angel beats, Advent children(final fantasy movie),and sengoku basara

(Please keep the discussions related to SQUARE ENIX. Refrain from discussing anime in general in this forum. I know you're looking for shows like Pandora Hearts, though.)

Groups?

sounds good to me!

I can understand games, but how could opinions on non-games help them? They're game developers, not entertainment studios.

Square-Enix games have always had a focus on story. Movies, books, anime, manga, these are all powerful sources of inspiration for story telling. And knowing what popular culture thinks of these mediums can be extremely helpful in finding the right source of inspiration.

Square-Enix games have always had a focus on story. Movies, books, anime, manga, these are all powerful sources of inspiration for story telling. And knowing what popular culture thinks of these mediums can be extremely helpful in finding the right source of inspiration.

The problem with that is that as a game developer, SquareEnix needs to balance good story with good gameplay. Anyone can come up with a good story, but not many can have good or awesome gameplay on top of that.

Originally Posted by ZERORAPTOR

The problem with that is that as a game developer, SquareEnix needs to balance good story with good gameplay. Anyone can come up with a good story, but not many can have good or awesome gameplay on top of that.

not anyone. it takes a special kind of person for story as well. And it takes inspiration to find good things in both... which can be found in all kinds of media.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    (Please keep the discussions related to SQUARE ENIX. Refrain from discussing anime in general in this forum. I know you're looking for shows like Pandora Hearts, though.)
    Sorry about that... I was really asking because Square's store gives a preview of the anime, but doesn't offer a chance to buy it. I'll keep it more restricted in the future.

Don't worry about it. Actually, I too prefer digital manga over physical copies.

...to the extent that I bought two copies of the TYPE-0 manga, cut up one of them and digitalized it in order to read it.

How much time you pass watching animes ?

Sounds fun!

Well, you only have a limited amount of time, so better make the most out of it and as efficently as possible.

Question: What is your favourite Square Enix anime?

Mine: Pandora Hearts

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Well, you only have a limited amount of time, so better make the most out of it and as efficently as possible.

Question: What is your favourite Square Enix anime?

Mine: Pandora Hearts

only one I've seen so I'd have to agree!

but your list... I'm a little jelly... I'm pretty much limited to the stuff that is dubbed and airs on adult swim and disney

Never watched Black Butler, Episodeenzel, Last Order or Nabari no Ou?

Hmm...there is always White Rabbit Express if you don't mind Japanese language only. whiterabbitexpress.com/

(That's how I usually import my stuff.) Most of the titles on the list have been released in English though, like the ones I just mentioned.

Also recommended: www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

Let's see what Square Enix anime they have...

Black Butler

www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalog...

Episodeenzel -FFVII-

FINAL FANTASY UNLIMITED

www.rightstuf.com/rssite/search/results/...

Fullmetal Alchemist

Last Order -FFVII-

Nabari no Ou

Pandora Hearts

Soul Eater

Instead of a list, I'll just leave this here: www.anime-planet.com/users/AznTigress/an...

I used to watch anime, but I replaced anime with manga now (not that I read manga much either). Nothing wrong with anime though (I think it's better to watch the anime if there are fights involved so you'd know what exactly is going on).

I don't have a favorite SE anime. I only watched Soul Eater, and if I said that it was a favorite I'd be lying to myself.

Yay for anime and manga lovers! ^o^ I love anime so much it drives me crazy! I've watched most anime that has come on television, but not too much else. It's the art that gets me hooked, everytime!

SQUARE ENIX Anime - Blast of Tempest - Streamed at Crunchyroll

www.crunchyroll.com/blast-of-tempest

Gunslinger Stratos Shooting Game Gets Anime Promo www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-17...

Surreal Post-Apocalyptic Animal Manga Donyatsu Gets Anime www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-16...

I got into Full Metal Alchemist a bit, but honestly Anime never really appealed to me. I think it's because I managed a Waldenbooks for a few years and the people who would camp out on our doorstep for their Anime/Manga fix really turned me off to it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last