Thread: Square Enix Anime

Square Enix Anime

Here is a link to anime that Square Enix helped make: myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=58

Of those, I really liked Bamboo Blade, and Darker than Black (though it doesn't make much sense xD). Saki was pretty entertaining, and Soul Eater wasn't bad, either. The full metal alchemist ones are there, too . . . but I'm not a fan of the series. It really takes angst over the top. But I still watched it, because Armstrong is pretty awesome, and the highlight of the series for me.

I haven't seen the other ones, so if anyone has recommendations among them, let me know.

Thank you for the link. ^_^

Well, Pandora Hearts is one of my absolute favourites, and Kurouji is pretty good, too.

Seems you like the stories set in European history. I wonder if either of those are on crunchyroll.

When I see "deal with the devil at death", it makes me think "Spawn" xD.

Edit:

So, I watched the first ep of Pandora Hearts. I'm pretty clueless lol. So many questions in one episode . . .

Some of them will receive an answer, and some will not...~

So it's similar to Darker than Black in that respect lol.

I love anime, it tends to be a very creative, captivating story teller tool.

My personal favourites are:

Another

Higurashi no naku koro ni

Spirited Away

Dennuo Coil

Mai Hime/Mai Otome

Fate Stay Night (I would like to watch Fate Stay Zero as well)

Ghost Hunt

Strawberry Panic

Maria-Sama (first season only)

Persona: Trinity Soul

Nana

La Cordo D'Oro ~primo passo~

Maburaho

Nabari No Ou

Rozen Maiden

Shadowstar Narutaru

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Someday's dreamers

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Vampire Knight

Well I love to see, and I follow everyone you can.
    I began to see after I sought to download the FF VII game and the movie, and I ended up going to stop a site from nothing anime and started watching.

I also think that the square could make some animes, would be very good, give her money, let agent happy and would most famous \ o /

"Started out with DBZ and Sailor Moon."

Love it! I first saw DBZ on fan-subbed VHS, and loved it (though it was a little hard to understand, because the subber didn't speak Japanese very well). Those were the days.

I've been really enjoying Attack on Titan, which crunchyroll is simulcasting. I think it's by the same director who did High School of the Dead.

I really, really, really wish SE would do more CG movies. The jewel of my Blu-ray collection is FFVII:Advent Children in glorious HD. What a wonderful way to keep characters alive even though the game franchise has moved on.

Saw episode 2 of Pandora Hearts today. It has a sort of a "through the looking glass" feel to it lol. But wow, good intentions can sure go wrong, huh?

Anyway, I'll officially add it to my "to view" list xD

Grimoire, is the end of this series gonna make me angry? lol.

"It'll never e-end...~", to quote the first intro of D.Gray-man.

Surreal Post-Apocalyptic Animal Anime Donyatsu's Ending Streamed www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-31...

Originally Posted by Crystal Power

I love Anime!! I'll have to make a list of what I can remember I watched later.

I posted a link above that lists anime that SquareEnix had a hand in. (myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=58) It's probably best to limit our discussion to those.

I watched ep 3 and 4 of Pandora Hearts. I'm really starting to get into it. I'm glad Grimoire recommended it. I'm also glad the whole show doesn't happen in that place. I wonder which is original - person or rabbit? Too much curiousity now . . . don't want to let out spoilers though . . .

Hmm...I believe that as long as you at least mention an anime produced by Square Enix in all of your posts, you might talk about other series as well. If only just a little.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the show, Vynne. This is where I purchased my copies from: nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=ap&aid=phea...

I'm watching it on Crunchyroll, so it's not like I'm pirating it or anything xD Though is interesting that NISA sells it. Makes sense, though. They sell quite a bit of imported, subtitled anime, huh?

Well, time for ep 5 . . .

Oz is starting to grow on me.

But of course, dood. And they sure know how to please their customers, dood (the collector's edition was quite exquisite).

"I know he's lying, but he's just so cute... <3 ", to quote Gilbert.

EP 6

I didn't see THAT coming.

Wow . . .

But if G has aged, why not S?

Intriguing . . .

^_^ I won't spoil any details.

Just finished ep 16. Egad, and stuff. Not sure I particularly like where it is going . . . . It's getting harder and harder to imagine a happy ending.

Indeed...

In ep 18, E makes a good point. There is a fine line between nobility and making oneself a martyr. If you martyr yourself, it's meaningless. It's something to think about, anyway. Even so, I don't think O is necessarily like that. When asked if he wanted to be the knight, his answer was no.

But gee, they've all bet left A out, lately. It's not like they have forever > <

There are a lot of memorable lines in the series, many which are worth taking to heart.

Yes...time is ticking away...

Originally Posted by Vynne

Originally Posted by Crystal Power

I love Anime!! I'll have to make a list of what I can remember I watched later.

I posted a link above that lists anime that SquareEnix had a hand in. (myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=58) It's probably best to limit our discussion to those.

I watched ep 3 and 4 of Pandora Hearts. I'm really starting to get into it. I'm glad Grimoire recommended it. I'm also glad the whole show doesn't happen in that place. I wonder which is original - person or rabbit? Too much curiousity now . . . don't want to let out spoilers though . . .

From that list I've only watched FMA: Brotherhood. I should defianly watch the Final Fantasy anime though.

Final Fantasy: Unlimited was pretty enjoyable. I think Kaze is one of the coolest protagonists, and I like to occasionally model a rp character after him. Odd that it isn't listed at that link, though.

I've never seen that older Final Fantasy, either. Let me know if is good xD

Edit: Just finished ep 25. Seemed slightly rushed lol. And there seems to be so much left untold. But, I guess I can at least say, "The ending didn't make me angry." xD

Well, Grimoire, what's next?

Hmm...the most recent anime I watched based on a Square Enix title was Blast of Tempest.

mabe you can look for the digital anime at Amazon. Or just search it at the google

your

A reminder: this thread is for anime adaptions based on Square Enix manga. Stick to the subject or the thread will be locked.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last